2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

Just now, Llogg said:

They should have played Luka and brunson together more.

I think the bigger issue was Carlisle got too cute trying to sit Luka early and then he compounded it by waiting way too late to get him back in. You could have buried them. 

KP has had absolute shit series. Can’t post up guys that are shorter than him and can’t shoot over them. If the clippers are going small, I think you have to give Powell some more run for the pick and roll. KP is just not cutting it. 

14 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

lol, do you think there is “big market pressure” in Dallas? Because there is not. 

There’s absolutely pressure to win in Dallas. Not as much as New York but still pressure. He needs to be somewhere like Orlando where he can be second fiddle on a team that’s not really expecting him to carry them to wins.

I think the bigger issue was Carlisle got too cute trying to sit Luka early and then he compounded it by waiting way too late to get him back in. You could have buried them. 

KP has had absolute shit series. Can’t post up guys that are shorter than him and can’t shoot over them. If the clippers are going small, I think you have to give Powell some more run for the pick and roll. KP is just not cutting it. 

Agreed on Luka usage, you sit him when the boot is on their throat mid first. THEN he sits the first 4 min of 4th… Wtffffff

Also agree on Powell, if clips wanna go small then match em with Powell. He’s a perfect fit.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

thats the dream but it will never happen.

Luka needs to tell Mark that he will play with Jokic here in Dallas or somewhere else, he can pick.

Luka needs an enforcer and another player who isn’t Pussyingez

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Was this any of y'all who went tonight? Lol

edit - Jeep Luka needs better footwear for those weak ankles. 

Drive Friendly, the Texas Way. And remember to zipper with merging traffic. Don't be heathens.

Edited by washparkhorn

49 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Clips go on big runs. Mavs answered, but just a little short. That was a big crowd. I imagine some squeezed the ball a little too tight.  KP looked like a deer in the headlights.

Dallas is in the driver's seat.  Go Mavs.

For real, KP was a ghost tonight and I’m underwhelmed by him in general but the thread needs to step back from the ledge a bit. Up 2-1 and the series is still ours for the taking. Maybe slow down on blowing the whole thing up for Jokic pipe dreams until we are at least facing an elimination game?

10 hours ago, Get ln My Van said:

There’s absolutely pressure to win in Dallas. Not as much as New York but still pressure. He needs to be somewhere like Orlando where he can be second fiddle on a team that’s not really expecting him to carry them to wins.

we are going to find out if there is pressure to win(Im talking getting to conf champ series/finals) in Dallas if we lose this series after being up 2-0 and next 2 at home.  me thinks there isn't much pressure, just gotta make the playoffs.  Mark has his new Dirk that will sell out the gym and make him money. he'll pay whatever he needs to to keep him.

30 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we are going to find out if there is pressure to win(Im talking getting to conf champ series/finals) in Dallas if we lose this series after being up 2-0 and next 2 at home.  me thinks there isn't much pressure, just gotta make the playoffs.  Mark has his new Dirk that will sell out the gym and make him money. he'll pay whatever he needs to to keep him.

I don’t think Luka is going to tolerate this attitude the way Dirk did. If Cuban doesn’t show a commitment to winning a championship, he’ll be outta here at his first chance, probably looking to collaborate with another superstar for a championship. 

It’ll be really interesting to see what happens with Carlisle if they end up losing the series after being up 2-0. Luka did all he could to win last night. If the rest of the team doesn’t step up to help him, I think you can put that on Rick and will be looking for a new coach.

Atmosphere was great.  Pregame at Hero was a blast and first 8 minutes or so of first quarter just insane.    But god damn did KP have a turd of a game.  But I kind of had a feeling all day we would lose that game.   Game 4 a must now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Llogg said:

A starting pitcher showing up drunk and being left in for 7 innings is the equivalent of Carlisle playing KP this much.

How about a starting pitcher showing up high on acid?
Always a great read even after fifty years...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/30/dock-ellis-lsd-no-hitter-pittsburgh-pirates-baseball

14 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Oh, that's not good. It could potentially be very not good.

this hits close to home because played pickup ball on Sat and got the same pain in my neck/shouulder.  hopefully Luka can get in to see a doc faster than my Tuesday appt.  I am hoping some corticosteroids will do the trick.  

i was sky high during that first quarter run, but damn, KL decided not to miss the entire night.  seemed like all of their offensive rebounds led to 3s.  

i don't blame Rick too much for taking Luka out in the first.  I mean fuck, can we not expect the rest of the team to not blow a 20 pt lead in 3 minutes? hindsight, it wouild have been better to ride the hot hand and finish the qtr scrong.