2020 - 2021 Dallas Mavericks: That motherfu*ker in Dallas is coming

CBT

I’m not real sure what else there is to say after 6 games. Luka is going to have to be better than he was tonight and the supporting cast is going to have to shoot. It’s really that simple. 

I have zero fucking clue what our rotations are. Dwight plays a hell of a game last game then gets only 7 minutes and maxi gets 21 minutes with a grand total of 0 points? 

I believe this was the game to knock them out and I believe the chance is gone. I predicted clippers in 7 and I think I’m, unfortunately, going to be right. Really a lot of questions to answer from all aspects of the team and organization. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He pulled a Houdini because he’s being coached to do so. Carlisle has been terrible all series. Still hasn’t done a fucking thing in 10 years. 

Maybe. If he stops whining. I was commenting on your ridiculous, absurd NBA conspiracy allegation about them wanting the fucking Clippers in the playoffs, insinuating they are calling fouls in favor of the Clippers to keep them in it. 

its not new.  see the Miami finals #1.  the Clippers whine more than the Spurs.

1 minute ago, LurkingHorn said:

I’m not real sure what else there is to say after 6 games. Luka is going to have to be better than he was tonight and the supporting cast is going to have to shoot. It’s really that simple. 

I have zero fucking clue what our rotations are. Dwight plays a hell of a game last game then gets only 7 minutes and maxi gets 21 minutes with a grand total of 0 points? 

I believe this was the game to knock them out and I believe the chance is gone. I predicted clippers in 7 and I think I’m, unfortunately, going to be right. Really a lot of questions to answer from all aspects of the team and organization. 

you are correct.  Rick sucks most of the time,  KP is a complete bust as a #2, and Cuban can't sign a free agent to save his life. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

3 ball. That’s it. Maxi is a nice player who is having a terrible, terrible series. 

Maxi was hurt heading into the playoffs. It's clear as day that's he still managing his achilles injury. He's way more athletic than what he's displayed this series. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

We folded in ‘06. Take your tin foil hat off. Nobody, including Tim Duncan and his incredulous look, whines more than Luka. Luka whines more than Marcus Morris if you cut Morris’ dick off. 

Tim DUncan did it for 20 straight years.  we didn't fold in 06.  the refs absolutely gave that series to Wade.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Dude come on. Donnie is the entire reason we got Dirk, Nash, JET, Marion, Tyson, Barea, Luka, Brunson, KP and THJ. The problem with this team is Rick and one key free agent acquisition. I guarantee you Rick is gone very shortly. 

He essentially wasted the latter part of Dirk's career with his inability to draft anyone worth a shit. 

Yep. By the way, nothing I said about Maxi contradicts the above. He IS having a terrible series. It’s not his fault his dumbfuck coach keeps putting him in, in favor of Powell and his own Achilles injury from WAY back when. 
Even if we blow this series, idiot Dallas fans will still say "in Rick we trust". He's god awful at adjustments and in game roster management. He has as many rings as Lue but people act like he's some coaching genius. He's the Mike McCarthy of the NBA. A ring a decade ago followed by nothing. But at least GB knew went to cut bait. We are letting him stagger any development of our young core.

It's pathetic how Rick is managing the minutes. Maxi is hurt and sucks this series yet he's out there all this time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Luka does whine too much but he's also got the ball 90% of the time.  I think he's trying not to get Dirk'd.  It was criminal what the NBA allowed defenders to do against Dirk(especially the Spurs/pop) because he was such a mismatch outside. a lot of that was Cuban's war against the refs.  Dirk rarely said anything.

Cuban has backed off which I think helped a bit.  Luka is absolutely not getting the calls other superstars get but he gets a decent number.

Rick usually doesn't say much but he was apoplectic a few times tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

If this team had Vucevic or a big man worth a fuck they could win the West

my hope is Denver doesn't win it and we can convince Jokic that its a guaranteed championship if he comes to play with Luka.

7 hours ago, threesheets said:

Just stopped by to get a refresher on what a bunch of fucking idiots Surly Mavs fans are.  Y'all did not disappoint.

Which part do you take issue with specifically? It seems like you feel coaching decisions are above reproach for some reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Donnie wanted to draft Giannis. Cuban overruled him to trade down and dump salary so we could chase whatever shitty max free agent that was never going to sign with us (deron williams or Dwight Howard I think). 

If the Mavs did draft Giannis, there's little chance that they would have been in a position to draft Luka, though there's no way to know whether that is true or if they would be a better team than they are now. 

9 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Maxi Kleber, Josh Richardson, and Cauley-Stein getting minutes over Powell was awful. Carlisle tries to trick idiot mavs fans into thinking he's a genius.

WCS did not play that poorly and Powell did not play that great. For a guy his size and hops Powell does not get a lot of contested rebounds. Playing Kleber in the 4th was the biggest mistake. He was afraid to shoot, his shot looked like shit when he did shoot, and he couldn't stay in front of anyone on defense. He must be hurt and should not be playing. Running him out there in a critical point of the game/series/season was beyond stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Clips are hassling luka for 94 feet, trapping him at 30 so he can’t pnr, and forcing him to pass early and not into a good scoring chance.  Because other than hardaway who is making shots or driving?

we...are letting kleiba do his best 1v1 against Leonard. 

It's one thing if Kleber can't guard one of the best players in the world, but it's another if he can't knock down open threes when the opportunity comes his way. He was literally afraid to shoot in the 4th last night. Unacceptable.

19 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Anybody think we can win game 7?

I think we can but it will take a superhuman effort from Luka and good THJ because everyone else(sans a bit of Brunson and DFS here and there) is "El Foldo".    We will have to overcome Lue handing Rick his ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

In addition to little bit quicker offensive translation pace, a few other things I would like to see:

At this point, Luka does not pass to KP. I don't blame him but KP has been open and Luka doesnt even look at him. Stagger their rest and when Luka goes to the bench, run the offense through KP and not just him riding the 3 point line. Give him a chance to at least get something going. When he, Luka, and Boban are on the court, I want to see him flashing to the basket on the baseline more (once again, not just staying at corner 3.)

If Kawhi or PG are on the bench and Zubac is in, give Trey Burke a chance. You will know within 2 minutes if he can help get points. We've seen him get hot from 3 but more importantly he is not afraid to drive in and attack the rim. If he is ass, move on to someone else.

Fewer passes to Boban. He should be a 3rd or less option on offense and his usage rate last game was too high.

Reduce Maxi's minutes.

We have waited too long for a playoff series win. Let's Go Mavs!

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

KP’s usage is totally on Carlisle and not KP himself. He is out in a position to fail. 

MORE passes to Boban. Maxi has no business playing today at all. He’s not right. Burke doesn’t need minutes. Brunson needs more. 

Boban was getting going in the 3rd and making his mark. So of course Rick has to sit him the rest of the time for bum ass (in this series) Maxi. Inexcusable.