Merry Christmas assholes.

tfoolry

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

Is this going to be the late night Santa thread or do we need split them up?

I got a power wheels to build and other assorted nightmares and some Russles Reserve calling my name once I get the rug rats to bed

We need an XXX one for those of us with no obligations of the sort. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted on the gift wrapping thread, not sorry for repeating since I am still ragey.

Leaving Target now because my kids’ (under ten) gifts got stolen off the front porch at my parents’ place.  The adult gifts made it (we are visiting from overseas). Dad said he got the packages, should have counted I guess.  Went to wrap and no Christmas presents for the children. 

Fuck thieves. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Rage+1 6

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Posted on the gift wrapping thread, not sorry for repeating since I am still ragey.

Leaving Target now because my kids’ (under ten) gifts got stolen off the front porch at my parents’ place.  The adult gifts made it (we are visiting from overseas. Dad said he got the packages, should have counted I guess.

Fuck thieves. 

Hopefully you got something that works. That absolutely sucks that happened. Thankfully you were still able to get some shopping done

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Hopefully you got something that works. That absolutely sucks that happened. Thankfully you were still able to get some shopping done

Thanks, I think it will work out, they’re not difficult kids. It still totally sucks,  not just the money. We put a lot of thought into stuff small enough to not be a PITA to take back overseas in suitcases after the holidays but cool enough that they’d be excited. It’s a bit harder at Target at 8 PM on Christmas Eve.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Thanks, I think it will work out, they’re not difficult kids. It still totally sucks,  not just the money. We put a lot of thought into stuff small enough to not be a PITA to take back overseas in suitcases after the holidays but cool enough that they’d be excited. It’s a bit harder at Target at 8 PM on Christmas Eve.

I bet. I guess worst case ship it back and then deal with it when it finally comes in. My wife and I, pre-kids, used to take cruises over the Christmas holidays and as the kids get older will may want to rekindle DoJ g that again. Thinking about how to do Christmas abroad might be something to start trying to figure out now..

"Candlelight Service" was glow-stick service in the parking lot this year, but I was with my wife and my boys, who are growing up.

1614891989_PXL_20201224_235655086.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.0b2074f629f50a5c7e8193b8aac62145.jpg

It may have not been the Christmas Eve I wanted, but it was the one I needed.

Merry Christmas, assholes.

PXL_20201225_013054738_MP.thumb.jpg.9a8464ba742c346bd7d4111ef57f98ae.jpg

Merry Christmas, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

We are downsizing quite a bit this year. Family members are just coming by the house to pick up their sacks of loot and carryout dinner (courtesy of #1 son & DIL), plus Mrs. Brat’s pies & deviled eggs.

Just have one gift for my sweetheart this year... the Ancestry DNA kit -  thought it was time she found out more about her biological bloodlines for possible DNA matches & health genes, plus her ethnicity (she was adopted in California in 1945).

Over the years she made all those stockings for the kids & grandkids except for the red one on the right. That one is hers that dates from 1949. 
The giant pine cone on the mantel next to her 1962 prom portrait was picked up by her grandfather in a California forest prior to WW2 - it has been a family tradition to display it during the Christmas season.

E51F5E7C-7DE6-4A51-8FC6-CFCA803BEAE8.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

I was up all night making bikes, finishing arranging a new play room. I misjudged how much shit I got my girls and was wrapping for 4 hrs after they went to bed. Then I got to build the rocking chair, race set and beginning bikes. That wasnt so bad.

then I got to the fucking kitchen play set. Now, I’m pretty handy but assembling that thing took almost 3hrs. Lots of little pieces. So by 6am this morning I was able the lie down on the couch and put on “a Christmas story” just before I got about 15 mins of sleep. 

There is thudding, crashing and my wife sayin “not in the house!” coming from my living room at this moment

Merry Christmas every one.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I was up all night making bikes, finishing arranging a new play room. I misjudged how much shit I got my girls and was wrapping for 4 hrs after they went to bed. Then I got to build the rocking chair, race set and beginning bikes. That wasnt so bad.

then I got to the fucking kitchen play set. Now, I’m pretty handy but assembling that thing took almost 3hrs. Lots of little pieces. So by 6am this morning I was able the lie down on the couch and put on “a Christmas story” just before I got about 15 mins of sleep. 

There is thudding, crashing and my wife sayin “not in the house!” coming from my living room at this moment

Merry Christmas every one.

Fuck those kitchens... had that nightmare 2 years ago and it has been the worst of my Santa building experiences to date...

• Hook 'Em 1

Heheh.... glad we just had three boys.

Assembling bikes was a cinch, as were Big Wheels (leaving off those damned clackers).

sons: Dad, how come our Big Wheels don’t make the clacking sounds like the other kids’?

me: Dunno boys, I guess yours just didn’t come with them.

• Haha 2