CFP National Championship: Alabama vs Ohio State

NorthTexasCougar

4 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

The college football postseason was better in every conceivable way under the BCS. Change my mind.

For me it’s not that the CFP is bad, it’s that none of the traditional bowls matter anymore. Might as well expand the playoff and get rid of bowls at this point.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

The college football postseason was better in every conceivable way under the BCS. Change my mind.

If the BCS existed this year the title game would've been Alabama vs Clemson. Ohio State beat Clemson by 21. Alabama is beating Ohio State by 28. Since the transitive property totally exists in college football Alabama would've beaten Clemson by 49 points.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Ending up 5th was the best thing that happened to A&M in decades. They can bitch and moan about how unfair the system is and blah blah blah, win the Orange Bowl and end their season on a high note. It's way better than getting buttfucked by Alabama again.

You don't want to hear it here, but this is why the bowls are good.  Many teams can end the year happily as opposed to the pros. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

You don't want to hear it here, but this is why the bowls are good.  Many teams can end the year happily as opposed to the pros. 

I have no problem with the bowls. I love all of them. I wish they'd do more to give teams a chance who want to actually be in them. Florida's performance against Oklahoma was disgraceful this year. Mullen basically admitted they weren't trying. You know what then? Fuck you.

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

It might be historic, but it's boring as fuck.

winning 54-24 in the national championship against an ohio state team that blew out clemson was boring as fuck? What game were you watching? just the last 5 minutes? yeah they made it boring on purpose because they smashed the absolute fuck out of them for 3 quarters

Just now, immamac said:

winning 54-24 in the national championship against an ohio state team that blew out clemson was boring as fuck? What game were you watching? just the last 5 minutes? yeah they made it boring on purpose because they smashed the absolute fuck out of them for 3 quarters

I'm here. If you like football, it's fun to watch them work. 

Definitely a bit bloodless, in the sense that when they win it's a "we did what was expected of us" moment, but the actual sport is amazing.

18 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

You mean the same system that kept out a undefeated Auburn team in 2004 to match up OU and USC? Or how about in 2008 where Texas was left out for a team they beat by 11 months before. I'm trying to think of any sport where an undefeated team has no chance for a title shot because of some computer or dorky  voters in a room. It's also the same system that allowed Florida St over Miami in 2000. Nebraska to go the next year. OU  in 2003. 

With your logic, we would have gotten Bama/Clemson this year. Yet, Ohio St bum fucked Clemson.But we would have never found that out because the computers would not have added them. And so many would assume Bama/Clemson were the 2 best.

Imagine other sports using the method FBS uses to pick their "playoff" teams lmao. Or the BCS. It's all crap. OU was better than Notre Dame this year and would have proved that in a real playoff. Cinderellas get zero shot. Everyone loves an underdog and to watch them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, immamac said:

I think disparity in any sport is boring. I really don't care if you don't.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

You are the worst poster on this site. They just won the national championship with a coach for a 6th time and his 7th. It's historic. 

He's not wrong and I can't celebrate the things that make College Football enjoyable, knowing parity is lost and a coach heralded for this sort of dynasty is completely abnormal, not to mention, fueled by such a shady start, it can't be replicated.  

The Hugh Freeze out front shoulda told you.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gravy Train said:

He's not wrong and I can't celebrate the things that make College Football enjoyable, knowing parity is lost and a coach heralded for this sort of dynasty is completely abnormal, not to mention, fueled by such a shady start, it can't be replicated.  

The Hugh Freeze out front shoulda told you.

College football has never had parity. It's been pretty much the same ten to fifteen teams trading rings around since WWII.

• Hook 'Em 1