Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

8161AB42-2668-4392-9A84-84B78EF2901E.jpeg

No offer means they either already have the guy - or they are waiting on their number 1 to come available.

Did they make an offer to Freeman and are waiting a response?

Are they waiting on Golding until after the title game?

Quinn, Lupoi would be available today.

Ansley, if he is an option at DC, might be worth waiting a few weeks on given the situation at Tennessee.

41 minutes ago, Redmen62 said:

Worth going to about 34:45 on this video even if you don't watch the X's and O's prior to that. Pretty good insight into the guy just from those five minutes. 

Wow. So Sark has replaced Kiffin thrice - first as USC's offensive coordinator (when the Raiders hired Kiff as HC), then as USC's head coach (when Lane was fired on the tarmac), the finally as Alabama's OC (when Florida Atlantic hired Kiff as HC).

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

No offer means they either already have the guy - or they are waiting on their number 1 to come available.

Ansley, if he is an option at DC, might be worth waiting a few weeks on given the situation at Tennessee.

I'm curious if we've even interviewed Freeman?  He flew straight back to Cincy from BR.

27 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So if the DC ends up being Ansley, what's going to be the thoughts on that?  I honestly don't know much about him.

Have read Ansley is thought to be a better coach than Raymond, but not near the recruiter

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Wow. So Sark has replaced Kiffin thrice - first as USC's offensive coordinator (when the Raiders hired Kiff as HC), then as USC's head coach (when Lane was fired on the tarmac), the finally as Alabama's OC (when Florida Atlantic hired Kiff as HC).

"So I guess we're losing Sark to Ole Miss!"

- Satya

(Just kidding, just kidding ... :-))

47 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Mike Roach on Lupoi:

Hide contents

Not a ton of movement on that front, but I thought I'd share where things are.

I spoke to a source close to Lupoi. I was told he has had iniital conversations with Sarkisian but nothing formal at this point as far as this source knew. Another source I spoke with said that Tosh has several options he's looking at including several NFL jobs. What he wants is a fast track to being a head coach. If Lupoi were to come to Texas, it would have to be under the DC title according to this source. Lupoi was last a DC for Alabama in the 2018-2019 season before making the move to the NFL.

There is so much baggage with Tosh Lupoi that even if he was worth consideration somewhere as a HC, he couldn’t pass a rudimentary background check. This is either just stupidly bad information being fed to Roach or just an idiotic expectation from Lupoi. 

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

1) I don’t think you guys are giving proper credit to the premise that Sarkisian might simply be waiting until after the NCG to interview a few guys with Muschamp falling through. 

2) Why is this “Golding is being fired at Bama” concept taking off here? It doesn’t seem grounded and it appears to have just sprung up once people started looking at who Sarkisian might steal from Bama’s staff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Super K follow up:

Reveal hidden contents

Don’t quote me on this but what I gather from sources on the OU side that Simmons was offered like double what OU pays him. So, yeah I’d say Sark has a fat checkbook.

He literally said don't quote me on this and then you quoted him on exactly that. What a fucking rebel 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

I have concerns about 3 different coordinators in 3 years, as well.  Same with Hutzler.  

Well you have that on the other side of the ball, which is thought to be more problematic to change than defense. So, we should just get the best we can.

4 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I have concerns about 3 different coordinators in 3 years, as well.  Same with Hutzler.  

I'm less concerned with that because making a coaching change isn't necessarily to maximize wins in the very next season.  If we have to take a step back defensively to ultimately get to where we need to be in year 3, then you do it and hire the right guy. 

But if we are not enthralled with any of the choices out there, I'd prefer to punt and get another data point on Ash to see if he is the real deal, or see if someone else better is available next season.  Especially if Boom really does just want a year off and he was your target all along anyway.

1) I don’t think you guys are giving proper credit to the premise that Sarkisian might simply be waiting until after the NCG to interview a few guys with Muschamp falling through. 
2) Why is this “Golding is being fired at Bama” concept taking off here? It doesn’t seem grounded and it appears to have just sprung up once people started looking at who Sarkisian might steal from Bama’s staff. 

I don’t think it’s been “just here”. Several “sources” have hinted about a possible change at Bama which would mean Golding might be available.

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

When do we expect Tenn investigation to be complete? Bc a Pruitt-Ansley DC & Co-DC/CB combo would be quite interesting. Although Pruitt may not be touchable so soon depending on the findings.

It’s going through next week at least. For a HC and DC who have made their bones coaching DB’s, the Tennessee secondary has been average at best this year and they still don’t have any true stud CB’s. It’s puzzling. 

2 minutes ago, ForTheCorner said:

Is what ways is Arnett is an upgrade from Ash?

Really don't see anything in Arnett's record that would justify moving on from the guy we have right now.

Ash doesn't have a reputation for bringing much innovation to the table. His defenses at their best play up to their talent and don't make too many mistakes. It's a nice floor.

Arnett is a shot at having a real advantage schematically. And also finally having decently-coached CBs, hopefully.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I don’t think it’s been “just here”. Several “sources” have hinted about a possible change at Bama which would mean Golding might be available.

Yeah, that’s covered in the thread but it is moving fast. My point is why is Surly taking this Golding shit at face value. It’s come from idol speculation on the Bama boards and the Texas gurus who don’t know shit right now. There’s no substance to the rumor. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It just means the guy hasn't interviewed his candidates yet, after his first option fell through. Golding has been Saban's golden boy. I'd like to see exactly where the "Bama is firing Golding after the NT game" bullshit started. Might it happen? Sure, Saban churns through staff. Is it going to? Where did the original thread of that notion start to get pulled? It comes across as bullshit and I haven't seen any smoke from Texas or Bama on it, but maybe there's something that I missed as this thread flies by here.

Bama has a top 5 defense by efficiency metrics.

If you want Golding fired you either a.) Have insanely high expectations for Bama's  annual performance or b.) Are a moron that still doesn't understand how pace affects raw counting statistics.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, whereiend said:

If you want Golding fired you either a.) Have insanely high expectations for Bama's  annual performance or b.) Are a moron that still doesn't understand how pace affects raw counting statistics.

oh shit, here we go boys...

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, that’s covered in the thread but it is moving fast. My point is why is Surly taking this Golding shit at face value. It’s come from idol speculation on the Bama boards and the Texas gurus who don’t know shit right now. There’s no substance to the rumor. 

image.thumb.png.0b994272144724710a72c8716f53c76d.png

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, JPETERMAN said:

Situation is fluid.  If only way to get Raymond is to give him control of CB and Safeties, and Banks wants to keep Special teams and is coming, you do both and find something else for Gideon to do.    Timing of his hire was strange, but I'm sure he's sharp enough to coach other positions given how high people are on him apparently.

In this case we would just need to deepfake some photos of Gideon in blackface so that we can pull a Baylor and jettison him into the gulf. 

11 minutes ago, whereiend said:

Well, if you put it that way, then we are all "Team Insanely High Expectations," Bob.

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Well, if you put it that way, then we are all "Team Insanely High Expectations," Bob.

The only UT D's in the modern era that would rank that high are '01, '05, '09, and perhaps '08? I know Bama recruits well but funny to think about wanting to fire the DC after a year like that.

100.gif

Really don't know if I am celebrating 100 pages of Sark going after staff we think is going to do good or the fact that it has been enough days since Herman got fired that we are up to 100 pages. Either way I am having a drink since I am finally starting to let the kool-aid flow just a bit on Sarkisian.

Edited by DanTheHorn

24 minutes ago, whereiend said:

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying that Bama's defense has gotten "worse" because their offense has gotten better and scored more?

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

indiana-jones-raiders-idol-768x432-1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1