Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

5 minutes ago, whereiend said:

I never really made the transition to Surly after whatever happened to Shaggy happened. Need to get back in it. But I posted on shaggy for a decade and hornfans (God help us) before that. Have also posted on 247 (several years ago) and IT (still do but mostly just read).

maybe i saw you on 24/7.  thought you were on the urban mcrib thread

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wasn't Joseph on Rumlin's staff at aggy?

Yep...

I wont use the term bag man, but hes been in the game a bit..

Curious if hes the DB coach and Gideon in S.. LSU homers were dreaming about him coming in to do S and Raymond do CBs..

I guess it is possible Ayers and Raymond could still be in play, since Joseph is typically safeties, but I imagine Joseph is going to wear a Co-DC tag and that is almost certainly the same thing that would need to be dangled to actually get Raymond or Ayers on board. Man this really came outa left field...    he is by no means a bad hire but it seems odd as fuck and absolutely not a move to be made unless we have our main DC decided. 

In the very least this should 100% mean Ash is gone

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

I guess it is possible Ayers and Raymond could still be in play, since Joseph is typically safeties, but I imagine Joseph is going to wear a Co-DC tag and that is almost certainly the same thing that would need to be dangled to actually get Raymond or Ayers on board. Man this really came outa left field...    he is by no means a bad hire but it seems odd as fuck and absolutely not a move to be made unless we have our main DC decided. 

In the very least this should 100% mean Ash is gone

You're forgetting Gideon, I'd bet on Gideon being ST/S and Joseph being DB/maybe co-DC right now. Raymond almost definitely off the board. 

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

You're forgetting Gideon, I'd bet on Gideon being ST/S and Joseph being DB/maybe co-DC right now. Raymond almost definitely off the board. 

I agree that is almost certainly how this plays out but some insiders, for what its worth (not much, admittedly), have been saying Gideon might be 'just' the ST coach and then help around as needed with the rest of the staff. I don't really but that since it means not being able to have split DL/DE or LBs into two groups which based on scheme is usually pretty damned valuable. I agree though like 99% chance this closes the door on those other secondary coaches 

• Fuck You 1

Roach on Terry Joseph

He was one of the better recruiters on Sumlin’s recruiting staff at A&M.

He landed Speedy Noil, Kyle Hamilton, LaDarrell McNeil, Larry Pryor, Roney Elam and Justin Evans. 

Strong rep as a developer and a recruiter. Not the name recognition of Corey Raymond but they could have done much worse.

Edited by Wayne

4 minutes ago, Majorcholas said:

Wasn’t one of cdc’s biggest points that sark was gonna bring this crazy collection of assistants. You would think a DC would be an integral part of that. Right?!

He lied and told CDC that Muschamp was coming as his DC. Jerk 

1 minute ago, Wayne said:

Roach in Terry Joseph

He was one of the better recruiters on Sumlin’s recruiting staff at A&M.

He landed Speedy Noil, Kyle Hamilton, LaDarrell McNeil, Larry Pryor, Roney Elam and Justin Evans. 

Strong rep as a developer and a recruiter. Not the name recognition of Corey Raymond but they could have done much worse.

That’s what I want on my tombstone - ‘could have done much worse’.

Thanks Roach. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Coach Sark musta liked what he saw on film 

Plus he has a lot of blank checks to write. So yes

1 minute ago, Majorcholas said:

Wasn’t one of cdc’s biggest points that sark was gonna bring this crazy collection of assistants. You would think a DC would be an integral part of that. Right?!

This will be the most important hire. I expect movement on the DC hire after next Monday. Not earlier.