Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

41 minutes ago, Modessit said:
2 hours ago, closetohumping said:
May be giving him too much credit but maybe he wants to be near them?

Brings up the alternate: does Pole Assassin have custody of her kids? If not, would she want to be several states away? I know she's traveled to different poleing sites for her job, but that was temporary. If she doesn't want to leave and Banks isn't ready to give up on the hot monkey loving....

She's an elections worker?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, futureman said:

except I was the only one who went out on that limb and i put my ass on the line. or I guess you could say I really didn’t, though, because I was 100% aware of how it would play out from the beginning. 

lies.  there were lots of people calling everyone delusional and stupid, those were the people deemed to be "LDE", but i mean good call i guess.

51 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yeah,  but look how many new posters we have here. Sure, some of them escaped a psychiatric ward, but they’re streaming in for imma. 

Back on topic since @Orange&White so rudely ran this thread off course:

Phillip Fulmer is an asshole and he’s the one responsible for Tennessee’s utter shitshow. He has destroyed that program. Like Mack Brown here, Fulmer thinks HE is Tennessee Football. He is what Mack would have been as AD and what Barry Alvarez is at Wisconsin. They can’t let anyone steal their thunder. 

Fat Phil was and is an egotistical asshole, and you nailed the Tennessee problem.  Tennessee still tops my list of hated Gator rivals due to the games back in the 90s, so I love watching them roll in their own shit.  Having Spurrier skewer that guy every chance he could was one of the best parts of rooting for the Gators in the 90s.

Thanks for getting this thread back on topic.

And fuck sneks.

30 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Yes, but most fans here did not approve.

Yeah that's true - he is a rape enabling piece of shit. The important thing is there is will at the administration level and the booster level to bring people in that the coach deems necessary to win. I think you and I can both agree there is a difference between what Horny brings to the table and Pruitt. We will find out soon enough what all Pruitt did but if it's not show-cause worthy I think the administration will just weather the short term storm from average fans. 

Is Banks in play or not? I haz confusion (who, by the way, says "Journey of thousand miles start with one six-pack").
I checked Texas' exotic ownership animal laws and monkeys are allowed unless prohibited by city code. Couldn't find anything about Austin banning capuchins. That should be the last detail.
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Because that thread is for confirmed news. If you want hearsay and innuendoes, this this is it.

No it isn't.  Unless Terry Joseph has been named as an official coach by Texas and I missed.  It seemed to be the list of high level (meaning not FCB) rumors, but it was still rumors.  Now it is dead.

No it isn't.  Unless Terry Joseph has been named as an official coach by Texas and I missed.  It seemed to be the list of high level (meaning not FCB) rumors, but it was still rumors.  Now it is dead.
He's been reported as in the building. Do you think he's just here to interview?

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Shut up pussy, aside from the snake eating dog gif this thread is on brand with what shaggy/surly has been. Also you're literally named after Tennessee colors, not even Texas. smh

I have to disagree, I think some of the stuff being posted here use to be talked about around the water cooler and would have been vented there instead of here but because of COVID-19 isolation it is being vented here. After losing the Urban thread clearly some posters miss the "magic" of that thread and are trying to recreate it here while others want to get back to the business of football. If it helps people's sanity to post here I guess it the times we live in right now. Last night's fucking GIF has no place anywhere at anytime and there is no excuse for that one. So hopefully people eventually take divorces back to the divorce thread and ice cream back to an ice cream thread etc.., etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Hide contents

***As I mentioned, some of the new staff members arrived yesterday. I was able to confirm that among those was Bo Davis. I already mentioned that Gideon and Joseph were there, as well.

***It sounds like coach Flood will be in today.

***On the matter of Gideon and Joseph, this is going to be something to watch. Based on what I’ve heard, it sounds like their respective roles may not have been entirely clear. Terry Joseph came to Texas as a passing game coordinator at Notre Dame. In other words, he runs the secondary and then will have help from a cornerbacks coach.

***It sounds like Gideon was under the impression that he would be coaching both Special Teams and Safeties. But, a passing game coordinator coaches the safeties. And, Gideon wasn’t coaching safeties at Ole Miss.

***So, I’m not exactly sure how this is going to play out. But as one source said, Terry Joseph isn’t coming to Texas just to coach cornerbacks. That’s a step back in his career and he’s considered too talented as a developer to go back to just being a corners coach.

***As you know, yesterday I noted that we are hearing Tennessee HC Jeremey Pruitt is a possible candidate for the Texas DC job. As you know, Tennessee is currently under investigation for NCAA violations and many believe it will ultimately cost Pruitt his job.

***For a while, I had been told that if that happened and Muschamp decided against going to Alabama, Nick would want Pruitt back. Word is Nick thinks very highly of Pruitt as a DC. But one source told me that they believe Pruitt would prefer going to Texas over Alabama as Alabama may feel like a step back in Pruitt’s career.

***I am told that Pruitt is expected to meet with NCAA folks this week. So, I would surmise this thing should begin to play itself out fairly quickly.

***This Pruitt deal may explain the delay in a DC announcement.

My understanding is uTenn is currently only under self investigation and they will only take what they have to the NCAA if Pruitt doesn't step down.  Is that true?

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

WTH are you talking about. Joseph is in the building and currently working for Texas.

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

I have to disagree, I think some of the stuff being posted here use to be talked about around the water cooler and would have been vented there instead of here but because of COVID-19 isolation it is being vented here. After losing the Urban thread clearly some posters miss the "magic" of that thread and are trying to recreate it here while others want to get back to the business of football. If it helps people's sanity to post here I guess it the times we live in right now. Last night's fucking GIF has no place anywhere at anytime and there is no excuse for that one. So hopefully people eventually take divorces back to the divorce thread and ice cream back to an ice cream thread etc.., etc. 

Who The Fuck Is That Guy GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jinx said:

he's in the building and ND hired his replacement?

7 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I checked Texas' exotic ownership animal laws and monkeys are allowed unless prohibited by city code. Couldn't find anything about Austin banning capuchins. That should be the last detail.

“Lets not forget Dude that keeping wildlife, um... a monkey, for... um, ya know domestic... within the city... that ain't legal either.”

4 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

My understanding is uTenn is currently only under self investigation and they will only take what they have to the NCAA if Pruitt doesn't step down.  Is that true?

I asked my Tenn friend that follows this shit.   He said the rumor is Fat Phil leaked whatever the issues are to try to force Pruitt out without paying his buyout.  Who knows.  But it doesn't seem realistic Texas is going to hire Pruitt with all of that background noise.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

Man Banks would be great to have - particularly on the recruiting trail. Still really want Wiggins though. Don't think Coleman has done a good job developing the receivers.

Better get used to Coleman. If we're dialing in on Banks as allegedly suggested then he will be TE corch and Coleman WR coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Here we go again. When we all meet up before the Louisiana game for the Surly Sprint-off, bring your measuring tape, salon shears and your significant other. After you dust me in the forty, I'll let you cut my man bun off, and then take a photo of you standing tall over my tiny frame with my hideous woman and your smoking hot lady friend, and you can post the photo on Surly and have me mocked forever.

"That GRHorn," they'll say, "he's an American bad ass."

"Yeah, and who knew that closetojumping was Danny Devito in real life? Didn't see that one coming."

75813131.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skipper said:

I asked my Tenn friend that follows this shit.   He said the rumor is Fat Phil leaked whatever the issues are to try to force Pruitt out without paying his buyout.  Who knows.  But it doesn't seem realistic Texas is going to hire Pruitt with all of that background noise.  

If we’re going after Banks, I think it indicates that we’re ready to start playing the game.

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

Man Banks would be great to have - particularly on the recruiting trail. Still really want Wiggins though. Don't think Coleman has done a good job developing the receivers.

He had one year without any in-person spring practices. Retaining him isn't a slam dunk but if Sark thinks he's up for the task I see no reason to not believe him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

If we’re going after Banks, I think it indicates that we’re ready to start playing the game.

If Pruitt is fired "for cause" or steps down as a HFC under a cloud of investigation foregoing a buyout, that seems a little too much.   Particularly as I don't see how anyone could predict the ultimate fallout within the next week or so.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Texas assistant budget last year was ~ 6.8 million

Any guesses on this years budget?

Likely saving money by not paying an OC 1.7 million - but if we hire a new DC they are likely going to get paid significantly more than Ash's 800k.

IMO we'll be about the 9-10 million mark.

Will likely pay the OC or co-oc's about 2-2.5 million combined. 

For the DC or co-dc's i'd guess about the same and upwards towards 3 million.

1 minute ago, Dijon Robinson said:

He had one year without any in-person spring practices. Retaining him isn't a slam dunk but if Sark thinks he's up for the task I see no reason to not believe him.

I mentioned this before - but Bill Snyder thought enough of Coleman to hire him as WR coach and then enough of him to promote him to the OC.  Herman didn't have a ton of options but thought enough of Coleman to promote him from an analyst to WR coach.  Now Sark, who seemingly has an almost unlimited budget and no restrictions thinks enough of Coleman to keep him on as WR coach. 

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Better get used to Coleman. If we're dialing in on Banks as allegedly suggested then he will be TE corch and Coleman WR coach.

If Coleman unchained means results closer to his actually-well-coached K-State WRs, and he's got Banks and Sark recruiting for him, then fuck it let's get it.

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If Pruitt is fired "for cause" or steps down as a HFC under a cloud of investigation foregoing a buyout, that seems a little too much.   Particularly as I don't see how anyone could predict the ultimate fallout within the next week or so.

I'd think utn would have done it by now if they could.  Pruitt is calling their bluff.  I can't blame him 12m on the line.  Then again, he should settle on an undisclosed amount (half) and a public statement clearing his name.  It would be a win win for everyone and no NCAA.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bama 247 mod
"We have multiple sources telling us that Jeff Banks is leaving or has left for Texas. I have not confirmed with the Texas side yet, but he is not at Alabama currently I'm told and isn't expected back. This is not a move Saban would approve of, but I am told they are prepared to find another coach already. Banks was the special team coordinator at UA."

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Bama 247 mod

"We have multiple sources telling us that Jeff Banks is leaving or has left for Texas. I have not confirmed with the Texas side yet, but he is not at Alabama currently I'm told and isn't expected back. This is not a move Saban would approve of, but I am told they are prepared to find another coach already. Banks was the special team coordinator at UA."

Huge, if true.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

If Coleman unchained means results closer to his actually-well-coached K-State WRs, and he's got Banks and Sark recruiting for him, then fuck it let's get it.

Agree....

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Bama 247 mod

IF TRUE HOLY FUCK

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Bama 247 mod

@Longhornfrenzy Time to shine my friend. We need some reactions on that board.

• Hook 'Em 1