Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

Yes, but most fans here did not approve. (regarding Casey Horney)

Most fans here wouldn't have cared if he had made the difference in us beating OU routinely like a drum.  Most on here are all hopped up for Banks to come be a TE coach and drop bags when apparently he is an unapologetic adulterer who told his exwife he didn't want anything to do with their kids (according to CTJ).  Whatever garbage with NCAA issues for Pruitt seems small potatoes compared to the scumbag Banks sounds like he is.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, boilerhorn said:

What exactly does that mean?  Was he off-limits?  And - how is anyone off-limits?

The thinking was that Sark and Saban had an 'understanding' and that Saban was allowing Sark to take Flood with him (nevermind that Flood was a Sark guy and came from the Falcons) but that the rest of the coaches would be staying.  Thats bullshit.  These guys want to get paid like anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I mentioned this before - but Bill Snyder thought enough of Coleman to hire him as WR coach and then enough of him to promote him to the OC.  Herman didn't have a ton of options but thought enough of Coleman to promote him from an analyst to WR coach.  Now Sark, who seemingly has an almost unlimited budget and no restrictions thinks enough of Coleman to keep him on as WR coach. 

jimmy fallon lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The thinking was that Sark and Saban had an 'understanding' and that Saban was allowing Sark to take Flood with him (nevermind that Flood was a Sark guy and came from the Falcons) but that the rest of the coaches would be staying.  Thats bullshit.  These guys want to get paid like anyone else.

btw, it isn't like Bama can't match their salaries - they just chose not to.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

We better be ready to go in 2022.  Saban gonna try to run it up.

Would a daily summary "article" in the football forum help catch everyone up on the previous day's thread? (It can also serve as a way for @RGBIII and myself to create the agenda for the next podcast, since all we basically do is summarize this + a few other threads and give our hot takes?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Would a daily summary "article" in the football forum help catch everyone up on the previous day's thread? (It can also serve as a way for @RGBIII and myself to create the agenda for the next podcast, since all we basically do is summarize this + a few other threads and give our hot takes?

I wouldn't sweat the very few whiners. This thread is much better than the Urban thread.  I would leave it be.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yes. Please.

Poor Alabama fans will just have to console themselves with all those national titles while Saban reloads with another round of great coaches rehabbing their careers with him. I have a really difficult time feeling sorry for them but this is definitely a shot across the bow. Sark isn't playing and Bama can go raid California or Florida for recruits and GTFO of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Right, but by then I will have to spend 45 fucking minutes reading through bullshit to get tot he fucking part I care about.
Just because there is no news to report does not mean everyone should just fill the fucking space with frivolous fucking banter. Go to other threads. 
aggy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maker Bayfield said:

Maybe BOB wanted his own guy...I mean he made such good decisions for the Texans I’m sure Saban had no choice but let Banks go

Or maybe Banks likes Sark and didn't like the new prospect of having to work under one of the notorious assholes in the sport?  I swear people forget these coaches are people.

• Hook 'Em 2