Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'm sure LSU's big sell to Simmons was showing him clips of Perkins being let loose to rush the QB. We didn't have much of a counter, until tonight.

Now PK can show videos of Ant Hill and Burke fucking up Bama's tackles. That's a true Feshman and RS Freshman playing in their 2nd college games. Fuck LSU.

We fucking getting errrbody.

Burke is going to be like that white boy that Michigan had 2 years ago. He is going to be special.

• Hook 'Em 8

27 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Any o line considering bama. Ā Huge difference tonight. Ā Ewers relatively clean whole night. Zero sacks given up. Ā I mean what the fuck is that?

Milroe constantly running for his life. Ā Shit about to get real with NFL draft taking notice of Texas O line that we havenā€™t seen in over 15 years. Ā Just hold on to Flood and pitch every 5 star Oline with the Bama game tape.

In 2 games vs Bama, our 5 star fresh/so phenom Banks had no sacks given up and a one hold call down field. Ā Going up against wil Anderson and Dallas griffin. I mean WTF is that? Crazy.

Bamas freshman LT got owned by Burke and others all night.

Iā€™d say maybe Flood has something to do with that.

Ā 

Ā 

Now thatā€™s a name I havenā€™t heard in a whileā€¦and the one you were looking for was Dallas Turner.

49 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

If we do really good the rest of the season and get a lot of attention from high ranked players does Sark drop some 3 stars or lower 4 stars that are committed? Ā He seems like heā€™s too nice. Ā Hypothetical drunk question lol. Ā 

Sark identifies his guys and sticks with them. He is a very good evaluator.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So if a five star says I want to come he will be like nah Iā€™m good with this three star? Ā Got it. Lol. Ā Numbers wise the class wonā€™t crack the top ten unless he cuts some weight. Ā Whatā€™s the number they want to sign this year? Ā I donā€™t think itā€™s too much above what they have already. Five more maybe?

Edited by Hook1997

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Gerry has said multiple times that the DL class is full of dudes already and we saw tonight what development can do to our past 3-star dudes like Sweat, Murphy, Burke, and Sorrell.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So if a five star says I want to come he will be like nah Iā€™m good with this three star? Ā Got it. Lol. Ā Numbers wise the class wonā€™t crack the top ten unless he cuts some weight. Ā Whatā€™s the number they want to sign this year? Ā I donā€™t think itā€™s too much above what they have already. Five more maybe?

Colt was a 3 star as was the brother of a 4 star that ran for 2000 years a couple of years ago. I'll take our coaches evals over the recruiting services 24/7,

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Burke is going to be like that white boy that Michigan had 2 years ago. He is going to be special.

Well he brings his lunch pail to work everyday what do you expect. Ā 
Ā 

Agree. Ā Time in the weight room going to get his body right. Ā Should look like damn Henry Cavil in no time. Ā 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

If we do really good the rest of the season and get a lot of attention from high ranked players does Sark drop some 3 stars or lower 4 stars that are committed? Ā He seems like heā€™s too nice. Ā Hypothetical drunk question lol. Ā 

Those things tend to work themselves out when they get recruited over.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 1

Croot Reactions: Elijah Barnes sounds like he's a šŸ”’

Spoiler

The Longhorns are buzzing across the nation after taking down the No. 3 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide in a 34-24 instant classic.

Recruits were also tuned into the Longhorns biggest win in the Steve Sarkisian era and Horns247 has gathered a plethora of reactions from Texasā€™ top targets and current pledges.

Listed below is Horn247s Recruits Reactions following the Longhorns 34-24 win over the No. 3 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide

TEXAS COMMITS

IMG Academy (FL.) 2024 four-star safety Jordon Johnson-Rubell

ā€œI told them recruits donā€™t be afraid of change. I talked to getting right before the game we both knew the outcome."

Allen 2024 four-star EDGE Zina Umeozulu

"I knew it was going to happen but not like that. Man it has me and all the other recruits fired up to get on the 40 acres and work."

Smithson Valley 2024 four-star wide receiver Freddie Dubose

"I already knew what we were gonna do to them boys!"

Daingerfield 2024 four-star athlete Aeryn Hampton

"We knew That Was Gone Happy Already Man !!! We Back !!!!"

Richland 2024 four-star interior offensive lineman Daniel Cruz

"I knew we could do it. My whole family and I were so excited and weā€™re coming! Coach Sark building something special over there at texas and I canā€™t wait to be a part of it"

Lucas Lovejoy 2024 four-star wide receiver Parker Livingstone

"You canā€™t beat it Texas is back and weā€™re coming for that big 12 championship and that natty this year!!!"

Desert Mountain (AZ.) four-star cornerback Santana Wilson

ā€œKnew it was coming. Great win for the boys, build on that and continue to dominate. Hookā€™emā€

Houston Langham Creek tight end Jordan Washington

ā€œMan oh man I didnā€™t think the score was going to be like that, but HORNS UPā€

Cy-Fair 2024 quarterback Trey Owens

ā€œI was confident the whole time, shouldā€™ve happened last yearā€

Humble Atascocita 2024 interior offensive lineman Nate Kibble

"Iā€™m excited man coach flood told me it was gonna happen and it did !!"

Lafayette Christian Academy (LA.) 2024 defensive lineman Melvin Hills

ā€œIā€™m going crazy flexing on all the LSU fans lol plus we beat their win streak at home.ā€

TEXAS TARGETS

Timpson (Texas) five-star 2024 athlete Terry Bussey

"I honestly wasn't surprised I said either one could win depending on how they play. It was a great game to be at!"

Fort Bend Marshall 2024 four-star safety Joshua Lair

"Thatā€™s was a statement win. Those guys finished strong, love to see it"

Humble Summer Creek 2025 four-star EDGE Chad Woodfork

ā€œExpected, great things going on at texas!ā€

Pearland Shadow Creek 2025 four-star athlete Jacorey Watson

"I just had a feeling they was going to beat them , Texas too stacked lol"

Dallas Skyline 2025 four-star linebacker Elijah Barnes

ā€œI was excited.ā€

Red Oak 2025 four-star EDGE Kamauryn Morgan

ā€œShows that yā€™all the GOATā€

Pearland Shadow Creek 2025 four-star cornerback Cobey Sellers

ā€œSurprised but iā€™m happy texas got the winā€

Spring Dekaney 2025 four-star wide receiver Tanook Hines

"I knew they was gone win from the jump."

Texarkana Pleasant Grove 2025 four-star defensive lineman Lance Jackson

"I was excited talked to coach PK before the game and told him to go get it done and they did it it shows how good of a team Texas should be this year"

Red Oak 2025 four-star wide receiver Taz Williams

ā€œI already knew Texas was gonna win. Texas is stacked at every position, so it wasnā€™t even debatableā€

IMG Academy 2025 four-star interior offensive lineman Kaden Strayhorn

ā€œGrit and mental toughness runs through Texasā€™s program amazing game!ā€

Lufkin 2025 defensive lineman Zion Williams

"I was telling the guys that Texas was winning that game man I didnā€™t care if it was in Alabama, them Texas boys something serious."

Fort Bend Marshall 2025 cornerback Caleb Chester

"TURNT! them boys definitely just went up on my board coach sark cooking something up over there"

DeSoto 2025 safety Sael Reyes

ā€œYikessss love itā€

Dickinson 2025 offensive tackle Tyler Thomas

"Iā€™m a can't say Iā€™m just completely surprised I believe they could do it the since last year but double digits is crazy."

Duncanville 2025 cornerback Javion Holiday

"I was shocked them boys came to play"

Denton Guyer 2025 defensive lineman Xavier Ukponu

"Texas is back. They know how to develop players, jaylan ford Christian jones etc. and theyā€™re defensive line is active and gets after it."

Waco University 2026 four-star wide receiver London Smith

ā€œI really had a feeling they were gonna win. Happy for the coaches and the playersā€

Aledo 2026 wide receiver Kaydon Finley

"It was a great win especially on the road they are both great teams and it was a dog fight!"

Red Oak 2026 four-star wide receiver Brayden Robinson

ā€œI wasnā€™t surprised at all . Texas looked good as a unit!ā€

Fort Bend Marshall 2026 safety Isaiah Williams

ā€œNot surprised at all look at the team they have is loaded with good talent and coaches are great too. Theyā€™re about to go on a run.ā€

Alpharetta (GA.) 2026 safety linebacker Ashton Moore

"That was big win for Texas and the city of Austin and to go in to bama and win by double digits and the defense to play like that show that coach sarkisian is building something at Texas."

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 8

AlpharettaĀ (GA.) 2026 safety linebacker Ashton Moore

"That was big win for Texas and the city of Austin and to go in to bama and win by double digits and the defense to play like that show that coach sarkisian is building something at Texas."
Ā 

A 15 year old did not write that. And if he did I donā€™t want to know about it. Iā€™m not going back to jail.Ā 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Evan Stewart had 11 catches for 142 yards today. I would also like to have him on my team because he is very good at football despite being an asshole.Ā 

No doubt he's good, but today 97 of those yards were in the 4th qtr down 2 scores. But he did bitch out on fighting for very attainable 3rd down conversions inside the 10 yd line earlier in the game. So he's got that

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

You are picking at nits. He was a freshman all American receiver and has 280 yards and 2 TDS in 2 games this season. He is extremely good at football and would make any team better. Heā€™s also a prick like many very good football players.Ā 

Umm, no. How many catches and yards did he have at the half? Or what about on 3rd down when he had drops or stops short of the line?Ā 

Shut the fuck up with that shit. Dude is a pussy that's perfect for a loser like aggy.Ā 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Evan Stewart had 11 catches for 142 yards today. I would also like to have him on my team because he is very good at football despite being an asshole.Ā 

He also flat out quit on two pretty easy first downs to avoid getting hit. Fuck him. Heā€™s perfect for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

You are picking at nits. He was a freshman all American receiver and has 280 yards and 2 TDS in 2 games this season. He is extremely good at football and would make any team better. Heā€™s also a prick like many very good football players.Ā 

Dude had at least two occasions where if he falls forward he gets big first downs. He ended up going backwards those times and costing his team.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Sure, but if we put five 200 yard receivers on the field, that doesn't mean Ewers is gonna throw for 1,000 yards.

Wait..does it?

I would argue rather than Evan Stewart ā€œcostingā€ his team he actually provides a large amount of value as he is a very talented wide receiver who has won many accolades for his play. I think an average wide receiver would not perform as well as Evan Stewart if given the same opportunity. This is perhaps the core aspect of my theory ā€œEvan Stewart is good at football despite being a miserableĀ fuckā€Ā 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I would argue rather than Evan Stewart ā€œcostingā€ his team he actually provides a large amount of value as he is a very talented wide receiver who has won many accolades for his play. I think an average wide receiver would not perform as well as Evan Stewart if given the same opportunity. This is perhaps the core aspect of my theory ā€œEvan Stewart is good at football despite being a miserableĀ fuckā€Ā 

Bro get his meat out yo mouth. Instead of celebrating our win youā€™re out here bouncing on him.Ā 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls