Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

15 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

So Gerry saying D'Antre is no longer visiting and he would consider him a "soft commit" at this time.

Would stink, but looks like that's where it's headed.  In a class that we absolutely needed 3-4, not sure where it'll come from.  You'd think some guys would give us another look with the way the DL has played and how we rotate.  Might come from JUCO or portal.

I'm sure the IT crowd is about to go on a rant about Bo's recruiting, but like Bo said on the bus about laughing and making jokes, "Fuck that!".  Bo's got his unit playing at an elite level with not much drop off whoever he sends in.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

So Gerry saying D'Antre is no longer visiting and he would consider him a "soft commit" at this time.

I mean.....okay. Better now than after 18 months on campus where there are no immediate backfill options. If the kid wants to light himself on fire, be my guest. 

Bear Alexander was in the portal. Times are a-changin on both quantity and availability of elite talent at DT, QB and eDEge and we are truly, truly outpacing the field in NIL structure and opportunity. I'm not super worried about a homebody self-selecting out of the class. If we don't fill it with a hs prospect, we've shown we'll act in free agency

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Losing McKinley stings a lot more now. Would have liked to go at least 1/2 there. 

Saw a graphic from On3 somewhere showing that Georgia and A&M are pulling away from the rest of the field when it comes to landing blue-chip linemen this cycle (OL and DL).

Jesus Christ. You’re the Prince of Fucking Darkness… 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Losing McKinley stings a lot more now. Would have liked to go at least 1/2 there. 

Saw a graphic from On3 somewhere showing that Georgia and A&M are pulling away from the rest of the field when it comes to landing blue-chip linemen this cycle (OL and DL).

Am I mistaken or did you recently post something bemoaning all the 3*'s we have on DL? I'd think you'd celebrate this as shedding dead weight

52 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Would stink, but looks like that's where it's headed.  In a class that we absolutely needed 3-4, not sure where it'll come from.  You'd think some guys would give us another look with the way the DL has played and how we rotate.  Might come from JUCO or portal.

I'm sure the IT crowd is about to go on a rant about Bo's recruiting, but like Bo said on the bus about laughing and making jokes, "Fuck that!".  Bo's got his unit playing at an elite level with not much drop off whoever he sends in.

21 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I mean.....okay. Better now than after 18 months on campus where there are no immediate backfill options. If the kid wants to light himself on fire, be my guest. 

Bear Alexander was in the portal. Times are a-changin on both quantity and availability of elite talent at DT, QB and eDEge and we are truly, truly outpacing the field in NIL structure and opportunity. I'm not super worried about a homebody self-selecting out of the class. If we don't fill it with a hs prospect, we've shown we'll act in free agency

image.gif.96b2e72abfcdfb0ac74511a5cabe68ab.gif

+

image.gif.f9eaa09d006e4cbf5ae74926b3127ca8.gif

= I’m not worried

Edited by MuellerHorn

3 hours ago, Chihorn said:

IMG_0755.jpeg

21 hours ago, satyanash said:

@satyanash Just checking in, you ok? 

• Haha 3