Bucs @ Saints: NFC Divisional Round Game

Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

NO looked poorly disciplined much of the season too. I wonder if Peyton’s seat will start warming up soon.

Saints would be fools to let Peyton go... FOOLS !!!

No skin in this game, but Brady/Tampa vs Rodgers/GB much better matchup...

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Sean Payton hot seat talk is even more silly than the Mike Tomlin hot seat talk from last week.

Why? Sean Payton was married to Brees. He is going to be gone. Start over with someone fresh. This is yet another choke for Payton. Had a lead and command and choked in Saints fashion. But if you give him a lifetime pass for a Super Bowl over a decade ago, then ok. 

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

It's not even a consideration. He's as safe as Reid or Belicheck. His cushion is probably 6-7 bad seasons in a row before his seat even started to get warm.

Haven't yall won your division like a billion times since he's been there? And like 4 straight?

Why? Sean Payton was married to Brees. He is going to be gone. Start over with someone fresh. This is yet another choke for Payton. Had a lead and command and choked in Saints fashion. But if you give him a lifetime pass for a Super Bowl over a decade ago, then ok. 
He has a better record with the combo of Taysom Hill and Teddy Bridgewater over the past two years than he does with Brees.

Haven't yall won your division like a billion times since he's been there? And like 4 straight?

6 or 7 division titles, a Super Bowl and 11 or so playoff appearances since 2006. He completely and seamlessly changed the identity of the team as Brees aged and turned into a dink and dunk guy. Went 5-0 with Bridgewater and 3-1 with Taysom Hill as his QB. He also just signed a 10 year contract

His seat is as cool as any seat in the world can be.

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Bucs defense was impressive tonight but doubt they can repeat against GB.

I think the Bucs D could shock some people next week.  Right now looks like the weather in Green Bay next Sunday will be high of 25 and snow which could make it tough on both QB’s.  The Bucs D is really good at stopping the run so if it’s a tough day to throw the ball due to the weather the Bucs could stifle the Packers.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've never hated Brady. I've certainly rooted against his teams. 

At this point, for me, studying football, he has proven that he is a MVP. I always believed him to be a product of a machine. And this year, have realized he is the machine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

At this point, for me, studying football, he has proven that he is a MVP. I always believed him to be a product of a machine. And this year, have realized he is the machine. 

It’s a little of both.  He was surrounded by good teams and great coaching in New England.  He switched to a team that is absolutely loaded with weapons on offense and his Defense is really good also but I think the Arians is mediocre as a coach.  A lot of QB’s would look pretty good on that Tampa team right now.  The real difference Brady brings to the table is going to be if he is driving his team to a win with a few minutes left in the playoffs.  That is where he has been other worldly in the past.  

I think the Bucs D could shock some people next week.  Right now looks like the weather in Green Bay next Sunday will be high of 25 and snow which could make it tough on both QB’s.  The Bucs D is really good at stopping the run so if it’s a tough day to throw the ball due to the weather the Bucs could stifle the Packers.  
Maybe. But if it's a tough day to throw I'll take Aaron Jones and the Pack OLine over Fournette and Jones and the Bucs. The Packers can run the hell out of the ball.

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It’s a little of both.  He was surrounded by good teams and great coaching in New England.  He switched to a team that is absolutely loaded with weapons on offense and his Defense is really good also but I think the Arians is mediocre as a coach.  A lot of QB’s would look pretty good on that Tampa team right now.  The real difference Brady brings to the table is going to be if he is driving his team to a win with a few minutes left in the playoffs.  That is where he has been other worldly in the past.  

I don't disagree. I just look at his trajectory as a QB. No one had this guy on their list. Sure BB picked him but he was a backup even then. His will to compete is what sets him apart. I don't think any of us have seen anything like him. Bucs aren't even in this without him. They have great players but they make so many ridiculous mistakes. Truth. He's a coach and a QB. IMO

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Looks like Patriots are finding that out.  Bill is throwing phone in disgust on the side lines these days without Brady.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I don't disagree. I just look at his trajectory as a QB. No one had this guy on their list. Sure BB picked him but he was a backup even then. His will to compete is what sets him apart. I don't think any of us have seen anything like him. Bucs aren't even in this without him. They have great players but they make so many ridiculous mistakes. Truth. He's a coach and a QB. IMO

We aren't, that's for sure. Just look at all of our prior seasons for that fact. Even with all these weapons, Winston was just THAT bad. So not all QB's could do what Brady did, just anyone above competent. That rules out about 95% of NFL starters. But seriously, I think only Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes could get this team to the playoffs, even with all of our weapons. Our pass D is kinda shitty, but our LB's and front are good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We aren't, that's for sure. Just look at all of our prior seasons for that fact. Even with all these weapons, Winston was just THAT bad. So not all QB's could do what Brady did, just anyone above competent. That rules out about 95% of NFL starters. But seriously, I think only Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes could get this team to the playoffs, even with all of our weapons. Our pass D is kinda shitty, but our LB's and front are good. 

Devin White is a fucking stud and I wish like hell he played for the Cowboys.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
23 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Maybe. But if it's a tough day to throw I'll take Aaron Jones and the Pack OLine over Fournette and Jones and the Bucs. The Packers can run the hell out of the ball.

as long as Rogers and just flick the fucking ball 50 yards the Packers are going to be a tough out,

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

But seriously, I think only Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes could get this team to the playoffs, even with all of our weapons

I don't think Brady or Brees are top 4 QBs anymore. I certainly wouldn't put them above Watson or Wilson who I think would get TB to the playoffs easily. You could throw Allen in that mix. Also Dak if healthy.. Even the next up tier like Baker, Kyler, Lamar, Ryan, Stafford could probably win 10 games in Tampa. 

Basically, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I don't think Brady or Brees are top 4 QBs anymore. I certainly wouldn't put them above Watson or Wilson who I think would get TB to the playoffs easily. You could throw Allen in that mix. Also Dak if healthy.. Even the next up tier like Baker, Kyler, Lamar, Ryan, Stafford could probably win 10 games in Tampa. 

I think you are awesome. Having said that, you seem to not understand posters very well. 

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I don't want to infer or hijack his post. I think he was talking about leadership. Which he has in spades. and none of the options you mentioned have proven that

I understand the argument he's making and I think it is extremely flawed. Saying only Brees, Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes could get Tampa to the playoffs is an absurd take. They won 7 games with Jameis throwing 30 picks last year. Rating QBs tends to take into account things like leadership and ability to elevate a roster to wins. Taking those attributes into consideration I suppose Brady might have an argument as still being a top 5 guy. Brees certainly doesn't - especially after today. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I understand the argument he's making and I think it is extremely flawed. Saying only Brees, Brady, Rodgers or Mahomes could get Tampa to the playoffs is an absurd take. They won 7 games with Jameis throwing 30 picks last year. Rating QBs tends to take into account things like leadership and ability to elevate a roster to wins. Taking those attributes into consideration I suppose Brady might have an argument as still being a top 5 guy. Brees certainly doesn't - especially after today. 

So with Bruce Arians (that guy sucks as a coach) what QB other than Brady could get this disorganized yet talented team to the playoffs?

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You know what, you're right. I can't believe I completely forgot about Wilson and Watson. Not sure about the others, however. Although, yeah, Lamar and Kyler could I would think. I don't think Stafford could. Dude is too injury prone. A healthy Stafford probably, but that's hard to come by. I don't know about Dak, honestly. I'm not a. Cowboys fan so I don't really follow his career. He seems like a good qb, tho. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Devin White is a fucking stud and I wish like hell he played for the Cowboys.

Dude, for sure. We're so lucky to have him and Barrett. Those two are incredibly talented, and White wasn't even named to the pro bowl, and that's just disrespectful for what he's done this year. Love me Devin White. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

your hatred for Brady is pretty funny

I have literally zero hate for Brady. I actually like him more than just about anyone that's not a Pats fan. He's easily the best of all time and I have a ton of respect for his career and where he came from. But 6 yards per attempt is terrible.

pretty good when sorry is 18-33 200 yards, 2 tds and no ints
He threw at least 3 that were damn near picks. One would have been relatively meaningless though. Damn near threw a pick short of the sticks on the go ahead scoring drive on 3rd down. The DB really just didn't make the play.

The long throw to Miller was not good even though some dipshit tweeted it was perfect. Miller abused his man as bad as you'll ever see. Johnson made the play of the day on 3rd down no less to keep that drive alive. And those are the 4th and 5th receivers. The Tampa offense is loaded. And they've added depth at position since last year. But they weren't really the story today.

The TD possessions were 3, 20 and 40 yards. Defense made the biggest plays. With some smatterings of very nice offensive plays mixed in.