Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

We have the #105 ranked defense. Great job 

6AB6301C-EA95-4C63-9B0D-C4D6515CE628.jpeg

don't bring shit that is non normalized in here. there are so many better ways to measures how good (or shitty) a team is. in baseball, there is a reason no one uses batting average as a proxy for player value anymore, we have way better measures - things that are normalized like WOBA/WRC+, and we know things like OBP is more valuable than BA.

use something that is adjusted to back out garbage time and adjusts for opponent. SP+ also adjusts for tempo.

SP+ is updated currently and has Texas at #57. this is shitty, but it isn't #105 shitty.

other G5 in this are Ole Miss (SP+ defense is #59) and Wake (#61)

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The same two safeties who sit in the deep middle on every play. This time against a team snapping from inside the ten yard line.  Yet somehow they still were not in the middle of the field to defend against a play coming right at them. 

So you don't want the safeties in the middle in the redzone but you're pissed they weren't in the middle to make the play?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

This is what I don’t understand - if our defensive scheme is so deficient either by design, ill-fitting personnel, or just talent deficiencies, why is it so much more effective in the first half? I know teams make adjustments at halftime, but after watching the Arkansas game does any team’s initial game plan think it’s a good  idea to throw the ball all over the yard on us? Certainly after watching the second half of the OU game OSU and Baylor have come in with a run-heavy initial plan, but we have been able to shut them down in first halves. If the scheme was so poorly conceived from the start, it seems like teams would be exploiting it from the beginning. 

I ask you all this sincerely, not trying to make a rhetorical point, because you seem to know X’s and O’s very well. I’m genuinely trying to understand this. 

This has been my point. Obviously the talent is good enough to shut teams down for the most part in the first half for the last 5 games in a row. Then the 2nd half tech's backup QB lights them up. TCU has more success. OU's backup QB blows them away and OSU and Baylor just run completely over them. Is it conditioning? Or scheme adjustments not happening/working? 

I was saying last week need to look into reassigning PK and getting a new S&C program. Or at least some major tweaks. 

How dissapointing has this defensive line been? Pre season most thought it should be best in conference. 

44 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

This has been my point. Obviously the talent is good enough to shut teams down for the most part in the first half for the last 5 games in a row. Then the 2nd half tech's backup QB lights them up. TCU has more success. OU's backup QB blows them away and OSU and Baylor just run completely over them. Is it conditioning? Or scheme adjustments not happening/working? 

I was saying last week need to look into reassigning PK and getting a new S&C program. Or at least some major tweaks. 

How dissapointing has this defensive line been? Pre season most thought it should be best in conference. 

I think you are overestimating the first half defense. Baylor had several mistakes that led to stops. Fumbled snap and 2 ints come to mind. They were running the ball effectively, that had been a trend. At no point in that game was I confident in the defense. That has been a pretty constant theme this year. The defense making just enough plays to look mediocre in the first half as they get a step slower in the 2nd half the dam bursts

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

They’re not being asked to be disrupters. They’re being asked to eat blocks so that our LB’s and S’s can be playmakers. And that’s fine supposing our DL can actually eat the blocks and defend two gaps or that we have playmakers at the positions set up to make the plays. 

Basically, we’re trying to run a defense by asking each unit to do what they’re not good at because PK has a hard on for LB play. 

What? That makes absolutely no sense. What "scheme" would involve telling defensive linemen hey, you know what, dont beat your guy. Don't do your job and apply pressure to the QB. What does he think is gonna happen if a lineman sheds a block? Oh noes, shitty ass Brock might get blocked out of a play, of course he'd have to be in the right spot for that to happen.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

don't bring shit that is non normalized in here. there are so many better ways to measures how good (or shitty) a team is. in baseball, there is a reason no one uses batting average as a proxy for player value anymore, we have way better measures - things that are normalized like WOBA/WRC+, and we know things like OBP is more valuable than BA.

use something that is adjusted to back out garbage time and adjusts for opponent. SP+ also adjusts for tempo.

SP+ is updated currently and has Texas at #57. this is shitty, but it isn't #105 shitty.

other G5 in this are Ole Miss (SP+ defense is #59) and Wake (#61)

we only have about 3 quarters or so of "garbage time".  Tech and Rice.

I can agree YPP isn't the be all end all but you can also just use your eyes and see a shitty scheme run by a DC with nary a clue, especially when the other coach decides he's gonna change something up.

21 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think you are overestimating the first half defense. Baylor had several mistakes that led to stops. Fumbled snap and 2 ints come to mind. They were running the ball effectively, that had been a trend. At no point in that game was I confident in the defense. That has been a pretty constant theme this year. The defense making just enough plays to look mediocre in the first half as they get a step slower in the 2nd half the dam bursts

As much as I think PK sucks the D in the first half has mostly been fine, 2nd quarter against OU notwithstanding. IMO, they get a step slower because the OC on the other team changes some things up and we aren't ready.  It's not conditioning.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

As much as I think PK sucks the D in the first half has mostly been fine, 2nd quarter against OU notwithstanding. IMO, they get a step slower because the OC on the other team changes some things up and we aren't ready.  It's not conditioning.

I am not saying it’s conditioning. Best conditioned athletes lose a little as the game progresses. I am saying the defense has consistently given up rushing yards and drives in every quarter, maybe OSU being the exception. Those are body blows. They are going to show up later. I can’t think of a game where you said the opposing offense needs to make adjustments going into half. Mostly because the Texas defense has never taken away the strength of the opposing offense. 

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I am not saying it’s conditioning. Best conditioned athletes lose a little as the game progresses. I am saying the defense has consistently given up rushing yards and drives in every quarter, maybe OSU being the exception. Those are body blows. They are going to show up later. I can’t think of a game where you said the opposing offense needs to make adjustments going into half. Mostly because the Texas defense has never taken away the strength of the opposing offense. 

been asking all year what all these adjustments are other teams are making, lol.  OU putting in a running threat at qb is it and he killed us running the same damn plays Rattler would have.

52 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Youre underestimating. Those kinds of small mistakes happen to every team every week and its not just the Baylor game. For 5 straight games theyve kept teams off the board well in the first half then get beaten badly in the 2nd. If its because they're tired they need big changes in S&C. 

46 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we only have about 3 quarters or so of "garbage time".  Tech and Rice.

I can agree YPP isn't the be all end all but you can also just use your eyes and see a shitty scheme run by a DC with nary a clue, especially when the other coach decides he's gonna change something up.

Well and from the moment Card's pants got covered in shit a couple of minutes into the at Arkansas. All garbage time after that moment. 

17 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Youre underestimating. Those kinds of small mistakes happen to every team every week and its not just the Baylor game. For 5 straight games theyve kept teams off the board well in the first half then get beaten badly in the 2nd. If its because they're tired they need big changes in S&C. 

Didn’t OU have 20 pts and like 240 yards in the first half? TCU had 17? Anyone really think those are good numbers? 

Edited by Codaxx

19 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

been asking all year what all these adjustments are other teams are making, lol.  OU putting in a running threat at qb is it and he killed us running the same damn plays Rattler would have.

I literally said after the turnover that Rattler may save Riley. Once the kid went in he rediscovered his running game. I am not sure that was a great adjustment or the universe shitting of Texas again 

Scip correctly pointed out player aggression gets sapped because they are constantly doing things they’re not good at. We’re passive against the run with LBs and S’s asked to take down runners running full speed into the secondary.

But yes, adjustments work very well against this team due to confusion, bad offense, lost confidence, AND conditioning.

First thing you have to do is stop the run. Great defenses do this, then work their way up against the pass. If you can’t hold up against the run, you dont play every down.

I dont see PK being the guy. He still may be a good DC, but we need a fire breather to help us impose our will on the other team, and prevent teams from emasculating a side of the ball that needs to be dogs.

Back up the Brinks truck and get a BAMF. Or, we’re seeing the next Mackovic era (if that).
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Scip correctly pointed out player aggression gets sapped because they are constantly doing things they’re not good at. We’re passive against the run with LBs and S’s asked to take down runners running full speed into the secondary.

But yes, adjustments work very well against this team due to confusion, bad offense, lost confidence, AND conditioning.

First thing you have to do is stop the run. Great defenses do this, then work their way up against the pass. If you can’t hold up against the run, you dont play every down.

I dont see PK being the guy. He still may be a good DC, but we need a fire breather to help us impose our will on the other team, and prevent teams from emasculating a side of the ball that needs to be dogs.

Back up the Brinks truck and get a BAMF. Or, we’re seeing the next Mackovic era (if that).

This. Crazy to say this, but stopping the run in the Big 12 is job #1 right now. At this point I would almost be happy watching the defense sell out on the run and seeing a QB throw for 400. Dantonio/Narduzzi made a living on defense daring QBs to hit the deep pass down the side line. It’s death in the NFL, but most college QBs are not great deep ball passers 

Didn’t OU have 20 pts and like 240 yards in the first half? TCU had 17? Anyone really think those are good numbers? 

TCUs offense at the time was running at about 500 yards per game. 7 of their points came after an 80 yard kickoff return. So yes that was an acceptable half.

OU had a 4th and 1 go for 6. The defensive call was not the issue. It really was an issue with 1 guy. They also got 30 yards which lead to a TD drive. Not only that but they don’t get the benefit of refs calling Jack. Comparing any game of OU versus another team is not a valid comp. OU had 10 penalties versus KU.

So you take those stats, add some context and you could come to the conclusion they did decently well.
  • Hook 'Em 1

This. Crazy to say this, but stopping the run in the Big 12 is job #1 right now. At this point I would almost be happy watching the defense sell out on the run and seeing a QB throw for 400. Dantonio/Narduzzi made a living on defense daring QBs to hit the deep pass down the side line. It’s death in the NFL, but most college QBs are not great deep ball passers 

Yes, do this. Challenge our corners some. Certainly should be the game plan vs OSU.

We are so broken on the defensive side of the ball that it changes the way we scheme on offense. Yeah we got a lot of personnel holes to plug, but it seems obvious to this point that PK is out of his element here. He may not have the players he ideally wants here to run his D the way he wants/is accustomed to, but he’s shown no ability or interest (looking from the outside) to adjust his scheme according to what he does have to work with.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:35 PM, Atticus said:

You mad?

He’s not doing well, he’s also gonna be here next year, so I’d rather comment with that in mind. Mindless bitching and saying the guy should be fired is a waste of a post.
The defense is set up to limit big plays in general, but they played pretty meh for the entire game. I’m not sure what they do well at all.

If Wilcox becomes available (very likely), are we sure he's here next year?

18 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

DDg4tl.gif

PK run defense in a nutshell.  

1) Baylor ends up sending out no receivers, with 9 blockers on the play; we have 3 dudes at least 10 yards off the LOS at the snap, with the two safeties bailing. They are off the screen. 

2) Absolutely terrible gap integrity in the front 7. Our DL in this 3-4 is supposed to occupy lineman and free up LBs. The center and tackle reach the LBs effortlessly. The gap assignments are hard to discern here. Frankly, it looks like our players have little idea. They play soft and uncertain.

3) The LBs tip toe up toward the line, waiting for the free lineman to come to them.  

4) Ford runs himself out of position and then gets held right in front of the ref (thanks Big 12).  

This is quite possibly the worst run defense I've ever seen here, and that includes the Gary Darnell and Tony Orlando years.  And it's not just talent.  They are playing uncertain and scared because their coach is coaching uncertain and scared.  

I wonder what Will Muschamp would say about that play...

Spoiler

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

TCUs offense at the time was running at about 500 yards per game. 7 of their points came after an 80 yard kickoff return. So yes that was an acceptable half.

OU had a 4th and 1 go for 6. The defensive call was not the issue. It really was an issue with 1 guy. They also got 30 yards which lead to a TD drive. Not only that but they don’t get the benefit of refs calling Jack. Comparing any game of OU versus another team is not a valid comp. OU had 10 penalties versus KU.

So you take those stats, add some context and you could come to the conclusion they did decently well.

Just looked at the boxscore and did in my head (so hopefully not to far off), but I counted 44 plays and 302 in the first half vs Texas. That is a bit over 6.8 yards per in the first half. That is fuckin terrible 

TCU 210 yards on 31 plays..little under 6.8 yards per play.. I am not seeing great defense in either of these 1st haves

Edited by Codaxx

4 hours ago, Newy25 said:

My absolute favorite play design from yesterday, and there were so many to choose from- was the reverse pass TD from inside the 20. 

As expected, despite only defending a short field, we use two safeties over the top. Because we all know the most important thing to defend in the red zone is the deep ball. Despite having two safeties parked in the middle, we somehow manage to allow a slow developing play to pass right into the middle of the end zone through the magic of misdirection. 

That play should not have worked even against a conventional defense. It worked even against a defense theoretically designed to prevent that from happening. At this point, our two safeties are rendered ineligible by play design and on a large percentage of plays we have 9 players on the field. 

It’s time to put four guys on the line, have them attack and play man defense across the board. 

The safety (Foster) parked in the middle went to double cover the QB with the boundary CB, leaving the middle of the field wide open. As soon as the pass was released Foster to put his hands to his helmet. 

Our starting safeties are a combination of unathletic players with low football IQs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Just looked at the boxscore and did in my head (so hopefully not to far off), but I counted 44 plays and 302 in the first half vs Texas. That is a bit over 6.8 yards per in the first half. That is fuckin terrible 

TCU 210 yards on 31 plays..little under 6.8 yards per play.. I am not seeing great defense in either of these 1st haves

OU was fine(the BS non OOB call should have killed the one scoring drive).  then the 66 yard TD happened and we folded like a cheap suit.

TCU was classic bend don't break(given the KO return disaster basically gave them a TD) but yeah it wasn't great.

straight up make them drive D in the first halves this year has been "serviceable" from the points perspective except for OU.  we go from serviceable to awful in the 2nd half.

5 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

This is what I don’t understand - if our defensive scheme is so deficient either by design, ill-fitting personnel, or just talent deficiencies, why is it so much more effective in the first half? I know teams make adjustments at halftime, but after watching the Arkansas game does any team’s initial game plan think it’s a good  idea to throw the ball all over the yard on us? Certainly after watching the second half of the OU game OSU and Baylor have come in with a run-heavy initial plan, but we have been able to shut them down in first halves. If the scheme was so poorly conceived from the start, it seems like teams would be exploiting it from the beginning. 

I ask you all this sincerely, not trying to make a rhetorical point, because you seem to know X’s and O’s very well. I’m genuinely trying to understand this. 

Here’s what you need to remember, Rattler and Sanders flat out suck. Both OU and OSU were playing an offense designed to keep their QB’s from losing the game for them in the first half. Lord knows both tried. Even our somewhat incompetent defense can slow people down if the pass really isn’t an option. 

Insert Caleb Williams connecting on fly balls, god knows our DB’s haven’t been able to defend them this decade, add a dollop of BJ Foster diving at ankles and voila. OU suddenly has some mo and can threaten us in multiple ways. Including counter plays where they hold their asses off. 

OSU finally started hitting the cutback on OZ against our oft out of position LB’s and suddenly their play pass game becomes valid again, and Sanders doesn’t have to read a secondary. Ball fake, throw to open guy in either the flat or the drag. Profit. 

Bohanon is a terrible QB too. He’s efficient within a very narrow scope of responsibilities. When he goes outside of those boundaries he throws two interceptions  in the middle of the field for no apparent reason. Turn anyone over a few times in a half and usually their offense goes into “ try not to fuck uo anymore and stabilize mode”. We never really shut down BU’s run game. Bohanon settled and starting doing what little is asked of him and our defense bends over while offering some lube. 

My kingdom for any DC who’s players align right, play with good leverage and tackle well. Chris Ash did some of that when he didn’t lose his mind and offer free TD’s to Max Dugan.

We are talent deficient all over the roster  I don’t blame the coaches for that  I do blame them for taking talent deficient players  and highlighting their weaknesses by design in worship of some meathead dogma. We have a shit ton of that going on with our defense.

• Hook 'Em 2

I would support firing PK and hiring literally anyone who promises to play 4-3 man with 1 deep safety at least 60% of the time. My standards are so low that I just want a middle school defense out there. We have tried literally everything over the last decade besides the one defense that is executed with success across all levels of football.

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Ha yeah I was going to post this here this morning. 

it’s crazy that Gerry is already saying this. He’s right though. PKs performance this year has me wondering if it was PK or Lake that was the dude at Washington. 

well yeah, he can see what the rest of us see.  it just depends on if Sark sees it and wants to shackle his O with shitty D for his tenure.  my guess is he does because head coaches have some weird affliction that makes them want to keep shitty coaches for perceived "stability" and recruiting.

Not great defense, but there were positives to be taken. But 3 turnovers. TCU 10 points on 5 possessions (excluding the drive with the return). OU 20 on 8 possessions. 7 of those with a massive gift. Ou had probably 200 yards of offense that could have been called back that game. Two additional turnovers depending on which fan you ask. Imagine how shitty our offense would be if you could tackle worthy off the line. That’s the stuff you go against when playing OU. It’s not legit when you get wrapped up at the point of attack.

For the full game against TCU, it was a solid effort.

14 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Here’s what you need to remember, Rattler and Sanders flat out suck. Both OU and OSU were playing an offense designed to keep their QB’s from losing the game for them in the first half. Lord knows both tried. Even our somewhat incompetent defense can slow people down if the pass really isn’t an option. 

Insert Caleb Williams connecting on fly balls, god knows our DB’s haven’t been able to defend them this decade, add a dollop of BJ Foster diving at ankles and voila. OU suddenly has some mo and can threaten us in multiple ways. Including counter plays where they hold their asses off. 

OSU finally started hitting the cutback on OZ against our oft out of position LB’s and suddenly their play pass game becomes valid again, and Sanders doesn’t have to read a secondary. Ball fake, throw to open guy in either the flat or the drag. Profit. 

Bohanon is a terrible QB too. He’s efficient within a very narrow scope of responsibilities. When he goes outside of those boundaries he throws two interceptions  in the middle of the field for no apparent reason. Turn anyone over a few times in a half and usually their offense goes into “ try not to fuck uo anymore and stabilize mode”. We never really shut down BU’s run game. Bohanon settled and starting doing what little is asked of him and our defense bends over while offering some lube. 

My kingdom for any DC who’s players align right, play with good leverage and tackle well. Chris Ash did some of that when he didn’t lose his mind and offer free TD’s to Max Dugan.

We are talent deficient all over the roster  I don’t blame the coaches for that  I do blame them for taking talent deficient players  and highlighting their weaknesses by design in worship of some meathead dogma. We have a shit ton of that going on with our defense.

the talent thing is BS.  the only team that has more overall talent than us is OU.

I'll give Jones going down and O getting the concussion as problems but I promise you with Ash as our DC we'd be at worst 6-2 right now.

I wonder what Will Muschamp would say about that play...
Spoiler

General scheme is one thing. But dumbassery with alignment is another.

On this play, we have 3 dudes wider than their widest guy once the motion clears. That’s terrible. I suppose at least we deterred them from getting outside there.

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the talent thing is BS.  the only team that has more overall talent than us is OU.

I'll give Jones going down and O getting the concussion as problems but I promise you with Ash as our DC we'd be at worst 6-2 right now.

The talent thing is magnified when you ask players to do something outside of their natural talent allows.

The defense is a bad marriage between the talent on hand and the strength and conditioning being instituted.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

General scheme is one thing. But dumbassery with alignment is another.

On this play, we have 3 dudes wider than their widest guy once the motion clears. That’s terrible. I suppose at least we deterred them from getting outside there.

Yeah, I have no idea what Dunn was doing. If he comes into the box, he stops the cutback at 4-5 yards.

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Every team in the league has at least 2 better LBs than us. It's a problem we've tried but can't hide.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

The talent thing isn’t BS. The conference overall sucks. OU is going to get boatraced if they make the playoffs. I agree that our record would be better if Ash were still here, but this is not a talented football team. We have a nice RB room, one good WR, and some good CB’s. Every other position is at best one deep, and often not that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Every team in the league has at least 2 better LBs than us. It's a problem we've tried but can't hide.

This is wrong. I’m not even saying the part about better LBers.

We haven’t tried to hide them.

We are outnumbered in the box. On defense and on offense. On defense our front 3 are not the largest grouping out there. Our LBers are light. So we’re small and we run light in the box.

We have been running an extra edge guy in favor of Cook. But as you can in the video above, that dude is so far outside he isn’t affecting much. We were damn nearing playing 11 on 8 at that point.

As some have mentioned, you gotta try Ojomo-Sweat-Coburn-Collins. Then you do have decent pieces to help in the run game.

I do believe your LBers will play well if kept clean. But 3 Dline men on 5 won’t do it. At least not out our 5. you need to keep them both relatively clean because the cut back is a killer and the safeties are 15 yards deep.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

This was in a Friday WSJ article on Michigan State, in reference to them last year. May be similar to what we've got happening:

“Guys weren’t able to sustain the type of energy that you needed in a practice last year,” said Peagler. By the time the coaches realized the depth of the conditioning problem, the season had begun and it was too late to fix.

• Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

OU was fine(the BS non OOB call should have killed the one scoring drive).  then the 66 yard TD happened and we folded like a cheap suit.

TCU was classic bend don't break(given the KO return disaster basically gave them a TD) but yeah it wasn't great.

straight up make them drive D in the first halves this year has been "serviceable" from the points perspective except for OU.  we go from serviceable to awful in the 2nd half.

You do realize bend and don’t break has its issues. Like when you give up 300 yards in a half, on 44 plays, and 20 pts. That has consequences for the 2nd half. I can’t believe people are defending that performances and thinking it’s even remotely good. You guys have some serious PTSD from watching shitty defenses over the past decade 

Edited by Codaxx

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Coulda' swore I remember reading something about Sark could have gotten Arnett after Muschamp fell through but higher ups didn't think he was a big enough name.  I mean, it wouldn't be all that surprising.

It’s kind of sad. When Ash was hired people freaked out. I didn’t think he could break atoms in his basement, but I thought he was what Texas needed. I guy that runs pretty bland game plans, but teaches fundamentals. I thought PK could do both and I was excited. Now I feel like Texas maybe better off with a simpleton at DC. The defense is bad, undisciplined, and just hard to watch at times 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

The talent thing isn’t BS. The conference overall sucks. OU is going to get boatraced if they make the playoffs. I agree that our record would be better if Ash were still here, but this is not a talented football team. We have a nice RB room, one good WR, and some good CB’s. Every other position is at best one deep, and often not that. 

well yes.  the talent in the league is not good but our talent is just as good as, if not better than, ISU/Baylor/OSU/TCU.  We always say its a talent problem when the problem is 90% of the time...coaching.

we got another average coach again.  I think he's more competent than Charlie but we'll see and probably just as good as Herman but we'll see.  you are what your record says you are.

Bobby Burton mentioned in his after game video for Baylor that both Coburn and Sweat had ZERO TACKLES for the game...
This shit is not working PK !!!   

What if I told you we had more tackles for loss than BU?

You’d probably tell me they had more run plays.

Murphy and Collins each had 3 tackles. Sweat had a pass defensed.

There’s a lotta what the hell is going on. No sacks, 1 QB hurry. I’m not sure how that stat is counted because we got after him a few times but maybe they always completed the pass.
  • Rage+1 1

I wish SARK would tell PK to change the scheme for the remainder of this season -- use 4 bigger DL guys attacking on the D-line.

We are not rushing the passer worth a shit, nor creating enough negative plays -- fuckin' allow this O-line to penetrate and create more havoc plays !!!

DAMN 

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Right now?  Probably just 1 or 2 guys. But straight out of HS, maybe all of them. 

Exactly. We’ve got 3 guys who can do work on the DL, one semi reliable backup who’s a frosh and a bunch of individuals who get road graded. DMO is talented as hell, but not really a great LB. Brock seems to know where to be I guess. Downhill again after that. Our edge OLB’s are no very good. Cook, outside of BU, has been playing well, and our CB’s generally are very good. S is a f’ing Greek tragedy.  I’d take OU’s, BU’s, OSU’s and ISU’s front 7 and safeties over ours every day of the week.

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?