Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

14 hours ago, Gaffords said:

It all starts and stops with the defensive line and I'm not sure we have any combination of players to fix that this year...  Maybe-hopefully stop the bleed, but this isn't an issue that can be fixed "overnight".  It'll take some serious portal voodoo, juco magic, and possibly the sacrifice of a virgin or ten to the recruitment gods to get the bodies in next year who can make an impact right out of the gate.

I mean - it worked for Art Briles..

Edited by Jameslaw121

Variations on a play… just run left with pin/pull, counter, or power. It literally doesn’t matter. Just run left against Texas. The angles are horrible, almost never in position, overrunning the play, not having any gap integrity….I mean fuck man. Pop Warner has better fucking defense 

Welcome to 2 months ago. It’s been obvious for some time he’s not a good coach at this point. What he did at Washington is irrelevant.

Nah, he’s had guys in position for the most part. Blitzes aren’t hitting home, but those option plays and play actions are him up today. They eventually even ran away from his blitzes too.

This game was different than the others, not pull the plug different, but still disappointing.

Our guys also lack instincts, so much of defense is just getting in position. Instincts and athleticism do the work from there.
Sometimes you can call plays based on what you expect, but doing it all the time is Orlando shit.

Nah, he’s had guys in position for the most part. Blitzes aren’t hitting home, but those option plays and play actions are him up today. They eventually even ran away from his blitzes too.

This game was different than the others, not pull the plug different, but still disappointing.

Our guys also lack instincts, so much of defense is just getting in position. Instincts and athleticism do the work from there.
Sometimes you can call plays based on what you expect, but doing it all the time is Orlando shit.
Shut the fuck up
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fuck any defensive coordinator at the college level who teaches atavus or rugby tackling. Watching the elite teams it appears none of them use it. Shit doesn’t work as well in college imo. I’m so fucking sick of watching our fucking players getting dragged for 3-4 yards or hitting a running back with their chest.  

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

This was bad, but I don’t know how you say it’s the worst.  Arkansas has one WR and a guy like Blake Bell at QB, and we played with a light box (and Jett Bush at 4i) while they ran for almost 400 on simple plays.  It doesn’t really get any worse than that.

PK calls overall defense like he doesn’t watch film of the actual opponent. Yeah, watching Matt Corral run the V/S should scare the shit out of you. Watching the Arkansas version much less so. We played BU like they had a QB capable of doing anything other than hitting a few RPO’s, hitches and max protect PA passes with only two WR out in a pattern. The passive ass 10 yard DB cushion is absolutely asinine in modern football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This was bad, but I don’t know how you say it’s the worst.  Arkansas has one WR and a guy like Blake Bell at QB, and we played with a light box (and Jett Bush at 4i) while they ran for almost 400 on simple plays.  It doesn’t really get any worse than that.

That should have been clue #1 this dipshit has no business being our DC, but it was just a graveyard to whistle past for the apologists. He’s literally stolen money from UT this year.

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

That should have been clue #1 this dipshit has no business being our DC, but it was just a graveyard to whistle past for the apologists. He’s literally stolen money from UT this year.

This is what happens when your head coach makes his DC decision based on one game against his offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

Shut the fuck up

You mad?

He’s not doing well, he’s also gonna be here next year, so I’d rather comment with that in mind. Mindless bitching and saying the guy should be fired is a waste of a post.
The defense is set up to limit big plays in general, but they played pretty meh for the entire game. I’m not sure what they do well at all.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

You mad?

He’s not doing well, he’s also gonna be here next year, so I’d rather comment with that in mind. Mindless bitching and saying the guy should be fired is a waste of a post.
The defense is set up to limit big plays in general, but they played pretty meh for the entire game. I’m not sure what they do well at all.

I wish the defense was set up to win. I wish the offense was also set up to win.

He seems dumb and all but I don’t think he’s getting great position coaching either.  In fact the coaching has been disappointing across the board.  I guess you know what you are getting from Drayton and that has been acceptable.  But every other position group on both sides of the ball has looked meh.  

He seems dumb and all but I don’t think he’s getting great position coaching either.  In fact the coaching has been disappointing across the board.  I guess you know what you are getting from Drayton and that has been acceptable.  But every other position group on both sides of the ball has looked meh.  

We probably don’t have the talent or the coaching on the back end to successfully run what he wants to do.

He needs to adjust or gtfo. It’s also on sark for letting the hires happen the way he did

He sucks for constantly playing JV scrubs like Brockermeyer and Bush. Is he like retarded or something? How does he not learn that these players are at worst worse than younger players. At least younger studs have an excuse for making a mistake. This dumb fuck is allowing with morons who shouldn't have a scholarship or ever see the field at any school outside of NAIA

I guess someone has to take the mantle as the last apologist holdout for any coach that obviously sucks. Charlie had some true believers in his corner. Atticus has taken up the cause for PK. It’s on odd hill to die on but ok.

I’m not an extremist. You have a belief of it’s one way or another. It’s a combination of failures. He was outschemed against OUs counters in the second half and he got out schemed by multiple plays in this game.
That is before accounting for the failures by individual players.

It feels like he adjusted by putting more bodies on the strong side of plays hit a bunch of plays by using that against him. We were never in position to defend that speed option
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

football for meatheads. its unnerving how dumb most shit is. watch NFL these days? I see ~ 3 or 4 philly specials a week in the highlights. 3 or 4 years after the first. its 'the trick play'. it almost got the NYG QB knee the other week though. I suspect we see a QB get hurt and then its gone again

Why is Sark a genius? I was watching the 1st half against OU and just laughing. All the shit I yelled at GDGD over and over again - Sark had our team doing. PA on first down at the goal line? Not on 3rd down you say? OMG GENIUS

except its not. letting the arkie QB who can't throw for shit see that defense is embarrassing. 

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?