Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

On 5/8/2022 at 12:36 PM, LTtxfan said:

I just don't understand why more transfers have not been added on defense.  Putting all their money on just Mathis was like betting everything on a single number on a fuckin' roulette wheel...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just a suspicion, but I think Sark bet on offense. Easier to fix the skill positions on offense, than revamp a defense. We shall see if his bet works. 

Thanks to Hookem2147 for great info from the San Antonio gathering regarding comments Sark made about the defense...

@Hookem2147 post below...

He (Sark) did mention several adjustments they made defensively:

“I’m an aggressive-minded guy in play-calling, attacking style, the types of players we recruit,” Sarkisian said. “And we were just too passive.”

Sarkisian said Texas played too much zone coverage last season and is committed to playing more man coverage.

“We had to shift a little bit in what we did,” Sarkisian said. “So we moved our starting nickel Anthony Cook to free safety into the boundary. We took Kitan Crawford, who was a corner, and moved him to our field safety. We moved Jahdae Barron, who was a corner, and moved him to nickel.

“Why did we do that? So we can play more man-to-man coverage. I need more people on the field that can defend all these receivers in the Big 12. So, we want to be more aggressive. We want to play more man-to-man. We want to have more of an attacking style up front defensively.”

Sarkisian mentioned that hiring defensive-minded former TCU coach Gary Patterson as a special assistant has helped in making the shift under second-year defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski.

“And, oh, by the way, we added a guy from Fort Worth who I think has helped a little bit in coach Gary Patterson,” Sarkisian said. “That’s been a good addition as well. So defensively, we’re gonna be more attacking. We can play more aggressive, tighter coverage and try to nullify the run better with an extra hat in the box.”

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Awesome. Clearly the zone to man switch is what was missing.

It was a huge reason for the disaster. If you are afraid of your coverage abilities, you play your secondary deep and keep things in front of you. That is what PK did. The issue is your front 6/7 better be able to handle the run, when you do that. That didnt happen and it was  disaster. There are 2 ways to have a solid defense. You can be efficient or a rely on big plays. Texas was neither on defense last year. Again, resulting in a disaster. If Texas can play aggressive, cause turnovers, and inflict negative plays they do not need to brutally efficient to be a solid unit. We would all prefer to have a brutally efficient defense, but that ship has sailed, so I can live with an up and down unit that relies on big plays to achieve passable results. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

3rd and 1, lets play all the secondary 6-10 yards off!

Yeah we never gave up any long throws on 3rd and 1 in the big 12, everybody runs the I-formation and our DB’s were so good they, check notes, went to Sam Houston state to battle for a starting spot or didn’t get drafted. Give up a 50 yard TD pass or die by a thousand cuts. Pick your poison dick head. If we look exactly the same with cook, Barron, and Crawford moved into new spots then I’ll eat crow. Those moves alone make our defense faster and more capable. 

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Yeah we never gave up any long throws on 3rd and 1 in the big 12, everybody runs the I-formation and our DB’s were so good they, check notes, went to Sam Houston state to battle for a starting spot or didn’t get drafted. Give up a 50 yard TD pass or die by a thousand cuts. Pick your poison dick head. If we look exactly the same with cook, Barron, and Crawford moved into new spots then I’ll eat crow. Those moves alone make our defense faster and more capable. 

How about make calls and alignments to the situation of the game and not look like a fucking dipshit that doesn't know what he's doing vs fucking Kansas.

• Like 1

If PK’s lost that championship feeling, he need look no further than across campus beeches cause’ weeeeeeee are the chaammmmpions…….of the world…. https://tower.utexas.edu/2022/05/10/light-the-tower-longhorns-win-2-national-titles/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=UTAustinSocial&fbclid=IwAR3bo5TSSPPh9uz4tz1i3qiFYgPtDy06KXZ9K-GkK_iXlDRYt_7fkmPgh2k

• 2 weeks later...

So...  We're opening at o/u 8.5 wins.

What has the defense done to be 2.5 wins better?

Everyone goes on about the offense, which should have a QB with a thumb, but Ewers is a freshman and Card is Card, and 40% of the OL isn't on campus...

So what has the defense done to get Vegas to set the number that high? 

I'll be taking the under and ending the season a happy man, one way or another...

22 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Everyone goes on about the offense, which should have a QB with a thumb, but Ewers is a freshman and Card is Card, and 40% of the OL isn't on campus...

I'll be taking the under and ending the season a happy man, one way or another...

Well if we can complete a forward pass against Oklahoma State or catch a pass against Baylor we win 7 games last year (both issues were addressed via portal), so is this defense a couple wins better than last year? Can they hold Kansas to 55 points instead of 57? Does the offense being able to sustain drives help the defense instead of the feast or famine offense we saw last year?

Look, I'm not a gambling expert but there was a lot of shit luck last year and our record in one score games was very bad. The law of averages tell us that we will positively regress to the mean at some point. Whether that is this year remains to be seen. We did it in 2019 in a negative way after being unsustainably good in one score games in 2018 and getting fairly lucky.

29 minutes ago, Snacks said:

We also will be breaking in a new K/P so our special teams will likely be worse.  

I want to be optimistic and I really hope we can get to 8 wins. I'll be ecstatic if we do.

I honestly have no confidence in PK.  That Arkansas game basically showed me that this guy is in way over his head.  He has no idea how to defend big 12 teams.  I don't think he even knows the strengths of his own team.  He seems to have one scheme and if we don't have the players for it, he seems content on trying the same shit again.  He let Kansas score 50+ on us at home.  We did absolutely nothing to improve our pass rush.  Literally the exact same players.  We did nothing to improve our LB corps.  Our safeties this year are guys that couldn't beat out BJ Foster and a converted WR.  Any DC will probably tell you the easiest way to defend an offense is to have a big lead and you can make them 1 dimensional.  We had multiple big leads last year and PK blew every single one of them.  I've seen a lot of bad defenses in the last 10 years at Texas and he was by far the worst.  Worse than Manny Diaz, worse than Todd Orlando, worse than Vance Bedford.  I fully expect him to be fired midway through the year and Patterson to take over.  I really hope I'm wrong...

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well if we can complete a forward pass against Oklahoma State or catch a pass against Baylor we win 7 games last year (both issues were addressed via portal), so is this defense a couple wins better than last year? Can they hold Kansas to 55 points instead of 57? Does the offense being able to sustain drives help the defense instead of the feast or famine offense we saw last year?

Look, I'm not a gambling expert but there was a lot of shit luck last year and our record in one score games was very bad. The law of averages tell us that we will positively regress to the mean at some point. Whether that is this year remains to be seen. We did it in 2019 in a negative way after being unsustainably good in one score games in 2018 and getting fairly lucky.

until I see a QB, we don't have a QB.  I've fallen for this shit for 10 years.

We played with leads last year... Melt downs in Q3 we're disasters.

I've also made excuses for the defense not getting complimentary offense for 10 years.

Not this time. I need to see a defense that knows how to play defense, then executes it.

We have a LB centric defense, and I don't see the LBs that can execute and stop the run regularly to force off schedule down and distance.

I don't see the pass rush that gives the DBs a chance to make plays when we do get to obvious passing downs.

Our offense is not going to just take off with freshmen OL and QB. It will flash. Teams will adjust.

Defense will have to create offense sometimes.

51 minutes ago, victory88 said:

He seems to have one scheme and if we don't have the players for it, he seems content on trying the same shit again.

The dude sucked ass last year and there is no excuses for it, but this myth has been debunked many times now. We overhauled the entire damn scheme in the middle of the year to a 3-man front when our only competent edge player went out. Everything about the defense sucked but the lack of success wasn’t due to not trying different things.

We will see if things improve this year.

51 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Our safeties this year are guys that couldn't beat out BJ Foster and a converted WR.

Our starting safeties this year are our starting nickel from last year and a guy who was playing corner. The dudes who couldn’t beat our last years starters are still on the bench.

I have no clue how the run defense will look but the addition of Watts has allowed us to move pieces around in the secondary that should improve the pass defense and Cook at safety should improve the run support at that level.  

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4

• 2 weeks later...

Cross-post since Texas Defense discussion

Spoilered since video includes Ian B.

Texas Homer YouTube:  [Full Breakdown] Texas Longhorns Defense for the New Season, Upgraded Scheme and Position Fits (May 31st)

Spoiler

Edited by LTtxfan

52 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas Homer YouTube:  [Full Breakdown] Texas Longhorns Defense for the New Season, Upgraded Scheme and Position Fits (May 31st)

Reveal hidden contents

I am torn on this idea of a 3-3 stack type defense. I think it makes a ton of sense to do that, given the lack of edge bodies. I hate it, because this will be year 2 of a running and teaching a defense that is not your preferred defense and the future goal of the program. 

• Like 1

Honestly, we just need to get the best 11 on the field.  3-3-5 is going to be a stupid fucking scheme once again when we have no LBs.  I remember Elko basically running 4 DTs on their line a few years ago and we laughed but they were stout against the run.  Seems like we don’t have a single pass rusher.  This is what I would do.

DE-  Collins

DT-  Murphy

DT-  Sweat/Coburn 

DE-  Ojomo/Ovie

LB - Ford

LB-  DMO

Nickel-  Barron

CB -  Watts

CB-  Jameson

S-  Cook

S-  Crawford

Those are probably the best players on this team.  Just get them on the field.  We absolutely should not be seeing any edge or additional LBs on the field until they can prove they can actually make an impact and  not be a complete liability.  Collins, Murphy, Sweat are probably our best pass rushers despite being interior DL.  Just get them on the field.  That would be a big ass DL and most offenses would struggle to run against them.  On passing downs, pray you can cover long enough on the back end for those guys to get to the QB.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Honestly, we just need to get the best 11 on the field.  3-3-5 is going to be a stupid fucking scheme once again when we have no LBs.  I remember Elko basically running 4 DTs on their line a few years ago and we laughed but they were stout against the run.  Seems like we don’t have a single pass rusher.  This is what I would do.

DE-  Collins

DT-  Murphy

DT-  Sweat/Coburn 

DE-  Ojomo/Ovie

LB - Ford

LB-  DMO

Nickel-  Barron

CB -  Watts

CB-  Jameson

S-  Cook

S-  Crawford

Those are probably the best players on this team.  Just get them on the field.  We absolutely should not be seeing any edge or additional LBs on the field until they can prove they can actually make an impact and  not be a complete liability.  Collins, Murphy, Sweat are probably our best pass rushers despite being interior DL.  Just get them on the field.  That would be a big ass DL and most offenses would struggle to run against them.  On passing downs, pray you can cover long enough on the back end for those guys to get to the QB.  

You have 2.5  LBs on the field in your look. The other question is the changes in the Big 12 may benefit Texas. WKU OC ran is 349 times and threw it 697 times, compared to 436 rushes and 390 last year for Tech. Graham Harrell is coming off 401 rushes and 500 pass attempts at USC and going to West Virginia whose play calling was pretty balanced. TCU was a run-centric team last year, but DYkes is a pass first guy. So the Big 12 is opening up and returning to more tempo and spread to pass offenses and you want to go to a run centric defense? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with his positive expectations for Alfred Collins. The true 3-3 stack scares the hell out of me. I don't understand his optimism for our LBs. His explanation made no sense. I hope he is right. 

DE-  Collins
DT-  Murphy
DT-  Sweat/Coburn 
DE-  Ojomo/Ovie
LB - Ford
LB-  DMO
Nickel-  Barron
CB -  Watts
CB-  Jameson
S-  Cook
S-  Crawford

Agree on this. Then mix it up w some dime looks.

Reading about Ovie being one of the stars of the spring is disconcerting. He almost did nothing last year.

19 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I agree with his positive expectations for Alfred Collins. The true 3-3 stack scares the hell out of me. I don't understand his optimism for our LBs. His explanation made no sense. I hope he is right. 

Collins and Sweat will set the ceiling on the defense. They can not continue to be jags. Especially Collins, who somehow gets  a pass from everyone. 

No issues with a 3-3 stack at all. Really going to depend on how they run it. If they are bring a LB  on the vast majority of snaps it could help all around.  Strong's 3-3 would  "blitz" into a 4-2. Play it vanilla and I wont be happy. 

Edited by Codaxx

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

You have 2.5  LBs on the field in your look. The other question is the changes in the Big 12 may benefit Texas. WKU OC ran is 349 times and threw it 697 times, compared to 436 rushes and 390 last year for Tech. Graham Harrell is coming off 401 rushes and 500 pass attempts at USC and going to West Virginia whose play calling was pretty balanced. TCU was a run-centric team last year, but DYkes is a pass first guy. So the Big 12 is opening up and returning to more tempo and spread to pass offenses and you want to go to a run centric defense? 

No, I’m simply thinking of how we can create our best defense based on our 11 best personnel.  I’d go with 4-2-5 nickel or 4-1-6 dime look and try to keep those DL and DBs on the field.  I’d keep our edge guys and LBs off the field.  If we’re going to be facing air raid teams, I’d prefer Heacock’s or Orlando’s dime look instead of a 3-3-5. 

Just now, victory88 said:

No, I’m simply thinking of how we can create our best defense based on our 11 best personnel.  I’d go with 4-2-5 nickel or 4-1-6 dime look and try to keep those DL and DBs on the field.  I’d keep our edge guys and LBs off the field.  If we’re going to be facing air raid teams, I’d prefer Heacock’s or Orlando’s dime look instead of a 3-3-5. 

So you prefer a 3-2-6, instead of a 3-3-5. I think people are vastly over-rating the DL. Collins is probably the most over-rated player on Longhorn boards in my opinion. He has the talent. He is capable of being a star, but his overall play has not even been mediocre. 4 JAG DL on the field isnt giving me warm feelings and should not be the compared to A&M, who has put 6 DL in the NFL the last 4 years.  To get there you need someone like Collins to start playing to their level and you need Broughton to to have progressed significantly, because depth is a serious issue. I am not as down on the LBs as you are, but I am also nowhere near you on the DL. To me the DL has the most talent, but has been the biggest disappointment to me. Ojomo is probably the only one playing to his talent level and he is straight mediocre. 

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Collins and Sweat will set the ceiling on the defense. They can not continue to be jags. Especially Collins, who somehow gets  a pass from everyone. 

No issues with a 3-3 stack at all. Really going to depend on how they run it. If they are bring a LB  on the vast majority of snaps it could help all around.  Strong's 3-3 would  "blitz" into a 4-2. Play it vanilla and I wont be happy. 

I'd kill for any of them to play up to even Desmond Jackson level.  Collins got a pass when he hadn't played much and was an underclassman.  He was where Broughton is now.  But that seems like it ended.

As far as hypothetical scheme changes, I'm not sure how we'd stack up (wah-wah).  You'd want more speed than we have.  It's a small defense with an athletic DL and flexible LBs.

I get making the move to the 3-3-5 Stack out of necessity, but I’d honestly prefer PK run the scheme he knows. Year 1 was a wash and we need to learn will his system work at Texas and how well can he teach it. Him running another scheme will give the staff another excuse to not can him if our defense is below standard again.

Interesting chart in above Texas Homer video on expectations of several new B12 2022 Offenses running more plays/game with their new OC's:

• blOU
  • Tech
  • West Virginia
  • TCU

Screenshot_20220603-163336_kindlephoto-11327443.png.d57bcffa5a561d2f6770ebe0dd26f45e.png

And according to IB, even K-State may be going more up tempo with their new OC Collin Klein.  😂

• Rage+1 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:43 PM, FreeHorn said:

I get making the move to the 3-3-5 Stack out of necessity, but I’d honestly prefer PK run the scheme he knows. Year 1 was a wash and we need to learn will his system work at Texas and how well can he teach it. Him running another scheme will give the staff another excuse to not can him if our defense is below standard again.

Nah. If the defense is as bad, PK is gone.

I wouldn't get all worked up about the 3-3 stack based on something Ian Boyd says. He spends every offseason making up new schemes he thinks the DC should run, most of which don't even make sense on paper, let alone on the field. Let's not forget that Ian Boyd wrote about 5,000 words last season about how the current roster was a great fit for PK's scheme in large part, because BJ Foster would be a great deep safety in PK's Cover 1 calls. That was one of the dumbest scheme articles I had ever read at the time, and it somehow became even more braindead in hindsight, which I didn't think would even be possible. 

On 6/3/2022 at 2:21 PM, Codaxx said:

So you prefer a 3-2-6, instead of a 3-3-5. I think people are vastly over-rating the DL. Collins is probably the most over-rated player on Longhorn boards in my opinion. He has the talent. He is capable of being a star, but his overall play has not even been mediocre. 4 JAG DL on the field isnt giving me warm feelings and should not be the compared to A&M, who has put 6 DL in the NFL the last 4 years.  To get there you need someone like Collins to start playing to their level and you need Broughton to to have progressed significantly, because depth is a serious issue. I am not as down on the LBs as you are, but I am also nowhere near you on the DL. To me the DL has the most talent, but has been the biggest disappointment to me. Ojomo is probably the only one playing to his talent level and he is straight mediocre. 

I don't think it's about overrating the DL as much as it is about recognizing how terrible our edge players are. Ovie was an absolute liablity all last year. He might have been the worst player on our defense outside of hte safeties. People want to hope Sorrell will be good, but he didn't show much pass rush upside against backups in the spring game and even got worked in the run game by guys like Jaylen Garth. I like Finkley long-term, but he was getting absolutely worked by Gunner Helm 1 on 1 all spring game, so he has a long ways to go for this year. So basically, we have nothing at edge and our only hope is that some of the talent on the DL develops. I think it's reasonable to expect Murphy will be above average. Everyone else is just blind hope. Collins has the most potential but after him, there's not a lot. Broughton is awful, and I doubt he'll ever be even decent. Coburn and Sweat have yet to show they can do anything more than eat space. 

Our front 4 was absolutely atrocious last year and we didn't add anything to it besides true freshmen, so it will likely be extremely bad again. I think it's reasonable to expect ILB play to improve with Jaylan Ford coming on and DTD being added, but it won't matter much if our personnel at ILB improves to average if our DL is still getting killed all game. Even just finding edge players who can contain and hold the edge without providing much in pass rush seems doubtful at the moment. 

Outside of basically everyone on the starting 11 taking huge steps forward individually, the best case scenario for this defense next year seems to be an elite offense with a defense that struggles to get stops but forces long drives, clamps down in the red zone a bit, and causes some turnovers so we can win a lot of shootouts.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wouldn't get all worked up about the 3-3 stack based on something Ian Boyd says. He spends every offseason making up new schemes he thinks the DC should run, most of which don't even make sense on paper, let alone on the field. Let's not forget that Ian Boyd wrote about 5,000 words last season about how the current roster was a great fit for PK's scheme in large part, because BJ Foster would be a great deep safety in PK's Cover 1 calls. That was one of the dumbest scheme articles I had ever read at the time, and it somehow became even more braindead in hindsight, which I didn't think would even be possible. 

I don't think it's about overrating the DL as much as it is about recognizing how terrible our edge players are. Ovie was an absolute liablity all last year. He might have been the worst player on our defense outside of hte safeties. People want to hope Sorrell will be good, but he didn't show much pass rush upside against backups in the spring game and even got worked in the run game by guys like Jaylen Garth. I like Finkley long-term, but he was getting absolutely worked by Gunner Helm 1 on 1 all spring game, so he has a long ways to go for this year. So basically, we have nothing at edge and our only hope is that some of the talent on the DL develops. I think it's reasonable to expect Murphy will be above average. Everyone else is just blind hope. Collins has the most potential but after him, there's not a lot. Broughton is awful, and I doubt he'll ever be even decent. Coburn and Sweat have yet to show they can do anything more than eat space. 

Our front 4 was absolutely atrocious last year and we didn't add anything to it besides true freshmen, so it will likely be extremely bad again. I think it's reasonable to expect ILB play to improve with Jaylan Ford coming on and DTD being added, but it won't matter much if our personnel at ILB improves to average if our DL is still getting killed all game. Even just finding edge players who can contain and hold the edge without providing much in pass rush seems doubtful at the moment. 

Outside of basically everyone on the starting 11 taking huge steps forward individually, the best case scenario for this defense next year seems to be an elite offense with a defense that struggles to get stops but forces long drives, clamps down in the red zone a bit, and causes some turnovers so we can win a lot of shootouts.

3-3-5 or a 3-2-5 is an adjustment due to the lack of edge players. Broughton looked better in the spring game, but that is was vs the back-up OL. Personally, I dont think simple will favor this defense. I would rather see Orlando mad scientist stuff come back. We all saw what happened when they played it straight. I would hope to see at least stunting/blitzing  from a 3-3 at the snap to a 5-1 or 4-2 under/over. 

Edited by Codaxx

27 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

3-3-5 or a 3-2-5 is an adjustment due to the lack of edge players. Broughton looked better in the spring game, but that is was vs the back-up OL. Personally, I dont think simple will favor this defense. I would rather see Orlando mad scientist stuff come back. We all saw what happened when they played it straight. I would hope to see at least stunting/blitzing  from a 3-3 at the snap to a 5-1 or 4-2 under/over. 

I get why PK might use the 3-3-5, but I'll be surprised if he bases out of it. If people don't want simple, then the 2-4-5 provides way more options for exotic blitzes and creating pressure through scheme.  The 3-3 would be a move towards simplification and basic competency in the run game. It would limit the amount of stunting and blitzing compared to the 2-4-5. 

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I get why PK might use the 3-3-5, but I'll be surprised if he bases out of it. If people don't want simple, then the 2-4-5 provides way more options for exotic blitzes and creating pressure through scheme.  The 3-3 would be a move towards simplification and basic competency in the run game. It would limit the amount of stunting and blitzing compared to the 2-4-5. 

Not that much. 5-0-5 defense, the entire DL is head up. The is prefect for slanting them either direction and filling gaps with 1 or 2 LBs.  Pass downs I would assume more traditional 3 man front with a LB on the edge. All this shit is based on 3-4, so PK should understand it well. The question is can he teach it. 

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Not that much. 5-0-5 defense, the entire DL is head up. The is prefect for slanting them either direction and filling gaps with 1 or 2 LBs.  Pass downs I would assume more traditional 3 man front with a LB on the edge. All this shit is based on 3-4, so PK should understand it well. The question is can he teach it. 

5-1-5?

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

5-1-5?

505 is the alignment.  I'd think our personel is more suited to 504, 514, or 404, though.  There's practically infinite ways to run a stack.  That's one of the strengths of the defense.  It's flexible enough to create a number of fronts without getting overly complicated.

Edited by JBJ

34 minutes ago, JBJ said:

505 is the alignment.  I'd think our personel is more suited to 504, 514, or 404, though.  There's practically infinite ways to run a stack.  That's one of the strengths of the defense.  It's flexible enough to create a number of fronts without getting overly complicated.

I am pretty flexible on the alignment, but I want the the movement. 

http://www.blitzology.com/2015/10/diguising-blitzes-in-3-3-stack.html

http://www.blitzology.com/2016/01/hybridizing-3-3-stack-defense-with-4.html

Here some older stuff in anyone wants to see it all in pictures to help visualize the looks and ideas. 

Edited by Codaxx

On 6/3/2022 at 3:21 PM, Codaxx said:

Collins is probably the most over-rated player on Longhorn boards in my opinion. He has the talent. He is capable of being a star, but his overall play has not even been mediocre.

I agree with all of this. Still, it is essential for PK to turn Collins into a star on the field. We really need it. Getting one of our d-line players to play at an all-conference level is one of the key things that needs to happen to keep us from having another losing season. Collins is the best candidate by far. Regardless of his attitude, if PK and Sark can't get the best out of him, they will likely not be at Texas for very long. 

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Running a 3-3-5 seems like a bad idea for a team that already stinks at getting to the QB. 

We aren't getting to the QB regardless of scheme. 

If the 3-3-5 allows us to play more soundly against the run, get teams behind the chains more consistently and set up for situational pass rush situations where we can get some of our 'better' pass rushers on the field together, then we that's the direction we need to go.

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?