2021 Reese's Senior Bowl - Featuring Sam Ehlinger and Ta'Quon Graham

immamac

22 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The overreaction here is laughable. Let him work and get through the combine. Christ. 

And no, you don’t make a decision to tuck it and run faster in the pros. He’s not Lamar or Kyler and never will be. That part of his game won’t translate to the NFL. If he ever plays for an extended period, he will run like Dak runs - sparingly and effectively. He should never tuck it and run in a Senior Bowl, and should never tuck and run early in a play in an NFL game. 

Look at this idiot who thinks there is a combine this year. Really has his finger on the pulse of the NFL. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I really so think Sam should consider moving to TE. Plenty of guys have made that exact switch and had success. He doesn’t have a future in the NFL as a qb. 

Everyone who's done it before him had at least played TE at some point.  Has Sam?  

5 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

A gentleman by the name of Tyrone Swoopes did. Maybe you’ve heard of him?

Hmm; that's exactly what I said...  Are you drunk or stupid?   

edit to add: I'm drunk and happy.   

Edited by SDG
drunk and stupid.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Blake Bell still drawing an NFL paycheck.

Blake Bell is an example. Logan Thomas is probably more athletic than Sam, but he’s made a good transition. I just think he has the mentality to make it at that position if he really committed to it. I just don’t want to see him flame out at qb.

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Speaking of idiots. He can’t even stay on a practice squad outside of end-of-season playoff depth, and has 2 career receptions. 

Tight end is not easy to play, though the consensus among Texas fans is that it is, I guess. And Sam will not ever make a living running the ball in the league. If Vince couldn’t, and Colt (a much better passer, which kept him on the field longer), Sam will not. Hence using his legs today would’ve been a waste of reps passing and stupid. 

You know what’s tough, non-NFL jobs. Swoopes has kept an NFL job as TE despite never playing the position prior. Same as Logan Thomas is doing. Same as Antonio Gates did. The question was players moving to TE with zero experience. 3 examples. That’s all. Just answering the question. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Swoopes caught zero passes in college. Same for Logan Thomas. 

I'm not referring to college.   HS, 7x7, or camps.  Has Sam ever played TE?   I'm not 100% sure, but I thought Swoopes had.   

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

At 6’6”. Swoopes 6’4” and can’t stay in the league. Neither Bell nor Swoopes has any prospect of ever being in the league long term. People give us way to much credit for being a smart fan base. 

Closest comp might be Jeff swaim. 
and he’s listed as 6’4 and 260.  
so the closest comp isn’t very close. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

At 6’6”. Swoopes 6’4” and can’t stay in the league. Neither Bell nor Swoopes has any prospect of ever being in the league long term. People give us way to much credit for being a smart fan base. 

Swoops and Bell have both been paid to play football for the last 4-5 years.  A lot of practice squad time?  Sure.  It’s still better than their other job prospects.  I’m pretty sure Bell was active most of last season.  NFL minimum for a few years is a pretty good kickstart for their long term finances.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I really so think Sam should consider moving to TE. Plenty of guys have made that exact switch and had success. He doesn’t have a future in the NFL as a qb. 

If NFL QB is not in Sam's future, he should consider cashing in his McComb's education and moving to Apple, Dell, IBM, or AMD, not NFL TE.  He's going to be wildly successful in private business, not getting knocked around in the head trying to play TE in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Thomas is 6’6”. Probably played the position before too. 

Nope. And your take about Vince not making it in the NFL despite speed is odd. Jeff Fisher and Vince’s work ethic are why he didn’t make it. Had nothing to do with his speed and how he used it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hey @Dr. Beeper, can you be more clear about whether you think Sam can make it in the NFL as a TE? Seems like you’re on the fence.

For the record, you’re probably right. My main point was he would have a better chance at making it in the NFL if he went all in and committed to trying to play TE, than he will trying to make it as an NFL qb. 

Not on the fence remotely. Sam at TE won’t even be an option. It’s an absurd notion. 

That was the joke, doc. I bet you’re just a blast to be around at parties. You’ve quoted literally every single person that even mentioned it and you made your point pretty clear. I think we all understand your stance on this topic. But go ahead, keep bogging down the thread by quoting every single person you disagree with. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

The NFL is lame anyway

Yeah, having a playoff where every division winner gets an automatic bid is lame as shit, am I right? They should’ve just picked KC, Buffalo, Green Bay, and New Orleans, and just called it a day. I wonder what division would’ve been given SEC bias this year... 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sam isn't playing TE. It's probably QB or nothing. No one is retooling their delivery successfully in a week.

Logan Thomas to TE transition at the NFL level is a rarity. College hoopster to TE is a little more common. So is QB to WR. Sam doesn't have the frame or skillset to do much else. Maybe the vaunted FB position.

Sam played the entire first quarter (that was it), didn’t have any “wow” moments, but disagree he “sucked pretty bad.” Nothing special in either direction. The Louisville receiver dropped a couple of his passes, then dropped another late in the game, and the NFL Network analyst Brooks said he was the best player on the field, so maybe my ability to judge football players has gone to shit. 

28 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Because I say he has no chance at TE and looked awful on the one throw I saw him make?  Okay....

You should be banned for your thoughts...   

if being an asshole is bannable id like a clear explanation from the Bob’s.

27 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Sam isn't playing TE. It's probably QB or nothing. No one is retooling their delivery successfully in a week.

Logan Thomas to TE transition at the NFL level is a rarity. College hoopster to TE is a little more common. So is QB to WR. Sam doesn't have the frame or skillset to do much else. Maybe the vaunted FB position.

Not disagreeing with you regarding Sam (imo he doesn’t have the desire to play TE nor is he athletic enough at his size), but Swoopes is hanging around the league as a TE and Blake Bell has also been pretty successful making that transition.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Jesus dude. You’ve repeated yourself more than I have, and you don’t know shit. They weren’t like spectacular to begin with and it is January 30th. But by all means say it 7 more times. 

Somebody asked for a summary. He gave it. 🤷🏻‍♂️