Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

you fucking moron. I got covid last Nov. there was no vax. I likely would have got the vax because it was not a fun week when i had it. I allowed my son to even get the shot so he wouldnt have to quarantine for football. you're truly a dipshit.

Look, you peered at some Facebook posts. You sprayed vinegar at the contrails, and refused the microchip. You did the research. What?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is true. You obviously havent read or heard anything about natural immunity after having had covid and how strong that is. Stronger than the vax actually per the largest study to date out of Israel with +30K patients. There isnt a critical thinking brain cell in your head is there? You just consume media and regurgitate what you've been told.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Look, you peered at some Facebook posts. You sprayed vinegar at the contrails, and refused the microchip. You did the research. What?

here ya go numbnuts. hotlink to the +30K person study. It is even why Fauci cant answer as to why people with natural immunity should get vaxed.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

• Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That is true. You obviously havent read or heard anything about natural immunity after having had covid and how strong that is. Stronger than the vax actually per the largest study to date out of Israel with +30K patients. There isnt a critical thinking brain cell in your head is there? You just consume media and regurgitate what you've been told.

You're eleven months out, dumbass. Your natural immunity ain't shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

CRUCIAL QUOTE Studies have also consistently shown that vaccination on top of previous infection offers even higher levels of immunity then either on their own. As highlighted by Sarah Croft, the head of analysis for the U.K. study, “the highest protection was found among those who had experienced a past infection followed by two vaccines.”

Continue dip-shitting.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gatorubet said:

CRUCIAL QUOTE Studies have also consistently shown that vaccination on top of previous infection offers even higher levels of immunity then either on their own. As highlighted by Sarah Croft, the head of analysis for the U.K. study, “the highest protection was found among those who had experienced a past infection followed by two vaccines.”

Continue dip-shitting.

you're missing the point. it is stronger than vaccine immunity. the results by adding vaccine on top of natural immunity was very small ourtome wise. I feel fine with my naturally acquired immunity being stronger than people relying on vaccine immunity. Get the vax if you want. Dont get it if you want. If you havent had covid it will improve outcomes if you get it. I can be for the vax though and against the mandate. Those can be 2 separate things.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

LOL, OK.  You have no fucking clue about anything. 

Your own beloved Israeli study ---- which is far from conclusive and is still under peer review ---- states “Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.”

Now get back to monitoring your study hall. 

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

here ya go numbnuts. hotlink to the +30K person study. It is even why Fauci cant answer as to why people with natural immunity should get vaxed.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

a lot of this pandemic has been do what makes sense because we don't know.    I highly expect that getting the vax on top of natural immunity isn't harmful, hence the reco to get it anyway.  but that's born out of a lack of knowledge as the knowledge base is still emergent.  natural immunity is good - as good, almost as good, or better than the vax I'm sure science will support one of those as the truth.  that said, it's a dumb way to go, get covid to get immunity.  get vaxed to get immunity is a much less risky proposition. 

Just now, troph said:

a lot of this pandemic has been do what makes sense because we don't know.    I highly expect that getting the vax on top of natural immunity isn't harmful, hence the reco to get it anyway.  but that's born out of a lack of knowledge as the knowledge base is still emergent.  natural immunity is good - as good, almost as good, or better than the vax I'm sure science will support one of those as the truth.  that said, it's a dumb way to go, get covid to get immunity.  get vaxed to get immunity is a much less risky proposition. 

I never said get Covid to get immunity. Don't twist what I said. In fact, I said quite the opposite. I said if the vax was around before I got covid I likely would've got the vax because the week I had it was unpleasant and the 2 Mos of no taste/smell sucked. There is a reason our top health official Fauci can't even verbalize a reason people with natural immunity should get the vax. As all in as he is on the mandate he could not provide a good reason to get it if you have natural immunity. That says a WHOLE lot. 

• Fuck You 2

10 hours ago, cam4mav said:

Got sick. did toilet research. compares covid to HPV and chicken pox...? But says if didn't get sick, would totally have gotten vaccinated (calling bullshit on that one based on the rest of your thinking).... Then admits getting sick was no fun plus 2 months of no taste or smell.... But still, when presented with the current status quo, you have two options. No Vax, go pure first infection antibody. Or go vax plus previous infection. You say you would have got vax to prevent previous experience. So now you have the previous experience and opportunity to get vax to add additional protection against previous experience, but are saying no?

Honestly, why? That don't make no damn sense at all.

4 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You're calling bullshit I had covid? Moron. OK. Arrogant know it all. 

You illiterate fuckwit.

By not answering the question, you answered the question. You're just an idiot.

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I never said get Covid to get immunity. Don't twist what I said. In fact, I said quite the opposite. I said if the vax was around before I got covid I likely would've got the vax because the week I had it was unpleasant and the 2 Mos of no taste/smell sucked. There is a reason our top health official Fauci can't even verbalize a reason people with natural immunity should get the vax. As all in as he is on the mandate he could not provide a good reason to get it if you have natural immunity. That says a WHOLE lot. 

I'm not here to twist what you said.  you didn't say that. 

a lot of defenders of natural immunity were also pretty meh about how covid is like the flu.  I took covid precautions early on very seriously - and still do where I think it's warranted - and I haven't had covid yet and want to not get it but I think natural immunity is probably rather good.  so yes there can be a middle ground. if you're in it, awesome.  it's lonely here.

Edited by troph

4 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

You illiterate fuckwit.

By not answering the question, you answered the question. You're just an idiot.

He couldn't answer the question because he didn't understand the question. He thought you were questioning whether he had Covid.

There's a reason for the old joke that the first name for every geography teacher in Texas is "Coach." 

Natural immunity wanes.  Vaccine immunity wanes.  

The virus isn't waning.  It's only mutating.  Like water in your basement during a flash flood - your sump pump can only do so much until the rain slows down or stops.

So, gettin' the 'vid in 2020 and believing your immune or that public health mandates should not apply cuz 'muh freedoms' even when vaccines are widely available is logic driven by 1) lack of knowledge / doing personal research and cherry-picking what studies strike you as meaningful or 2) misinformation / disinformation due to our social media and some MSM platforms are so clogged with garbage that average people can't sort it out themselves, tether to political agendas, and come shit up threads like this one.

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Natural immunity wanes.  Vaccine immunity wanes.  

The virus isn't waning.  It's only mutating.  Like water in your basement during a flash flood - your sump pump can only do so much until the rain slows down or stops.

So, gettin' the 'vid in 2020 and believing your immune or that public health mandates should not apply cuz 'muh freedoms' even when vaccines are widely available is logic driven by 1) lack of knowledge / doing personal research and cherry-picking what studies strike you as meaningful or 2) misinformation / disinformation due to our social media and some MSM platforms are so clogged with garbage that average people can't sort it out themselves, tether to political agendas, and come shit up threads like this one.

Forget it, Jim. He's stupid. 

12 minutes ago, troph said:

I'm not here to twist what you said.  you didn't say that. 

a lot of defenders of natural immunity were also pretty meh about how covid is like the flu.  I took covid precautions early on very seriously - and still do where I think it's warranted - and I haven't had covid yet and want to not get it but I think natural immunity is probably rather good.  so yes there can be a middle ground. if you're in it, awesome.  it's lonely here.

Very reasonable. I'm pro vax and anti mandate. It makes sense to me but really pisses off people here I've found out. Not for the govt forcing private business into the vax police or large fines. It will also have devastating consequences to the economy. You think we have supply chain issues now? Wait until the mandate goes into effect and truckers and railroad workers strike, get fired, sick out, etc.. I think the mandate was developed as trying to help but will end up causing a lot of harm. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

Oh I know, I just was bored and decided that a dissertation describing why he's stupid was warranted.

Like my grandfather used to say, "You go out and meet a dumbass, well, you just met a dumbass. You go out and meet 50 dumbasses, well, chances are you're the dumbass."

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Very reasonable. I'm pro vax and anti mandate. It makes sense to me but really posses off people here I've found out. Not for the govt forcing private business into the vax police or large fines. It will also have devastating consequences to the economy. You think we have supply chain issues now? Wait until the mandate goes into effect and truckers and railroad workers strike, get fired, sick out, etc.. I think the mandate was developed as trying to help but will end up causing a lot of harm. 

You do realize how many people have started their own businesses because of this, don't you?  Are you against small business?  The macro economy has the shits right now, but once that passes, it's an incredibly powerful and sturdy machine.

9 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Did you have him get the shot because you believe in its efficacy, safety and role in eliminating a global pandemic… or so he didn’t have to quarantine for football

Well, he had covid when I got it. So his risk was super low anyway at 16 and he had covid already so I wasn't going to have him get it TBH. He asked me if he could get the shot so in case he gets exposed he won't miss school or games. So I let him. BTW he had a reaction to the Pfizer shot and won't be getting the 2nd one per doctors recommendation. It was kinda scary. I got a call from the school nurse the next day asking me to pick him up and have him checked out. He was having heart palpitations and his sitting heart rate was 100. That went on for 2 days before it went away. So as I dad I feel like a dumbass allowing him to get a vax he likely didn't need anyway just because he didn't want to miss class or football due to having to quarantine. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 2

If you previously had COVID and do the shot (even just one), you acquire superior hybrid immunity, arguably even better than the 3x full dose Moderna elites such as myself.  You are that Winnie the Pooh in the Tuxedo, but you have a top hat on, a cigar in your mouth, and a four finger glass of scotch in front of you. Does that translate to hard clinical endpoints, not sure, can't say. But there is no reason to fear. Gigavax.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If you previously had COVID and do the shot (even just one), you acquire superior hybrid immunity, arguably even better than the 3x full dose Moderna elites such as myself.  You are that Winnie the Pooh in the Tuxedo, but you have a top hat on, a cigar in your mouth, and a four finger glass of scotch in front of you. Does that translate to hard clinical endpoints, not sure, can't say. But there is no reason to fear. Gigavax.

giphy.gif

Narrator: "But, he's really an anti-vaxxer."

On 10/21/2021 at 4:11 PM, Anastasis said:

giphy.gif

What if you change the order? What does that do for immunity?

(Double Moderna as of early April and breakthrough infection as of Thursday/Friday. Only one day of fever/chills/aches followed by no taste and smell. Feel great other than still missing taste/smell.)