Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

6 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I feel 100% fine today, zero issues. Slept well last night and was pretty tired, but nothing out of the ordinary. I also got my flu vaccine at the same time.

One weird thing is that all of my kitchenware and other metal things are sticking to me, but I think that will pass. I also get phone calls routed straight to my ears but I think that’s a feature of the new iPhone 13 I got. I upgraded from a X so I didn’t have 5g before, I guess the vaccine and new phone together gives me this super sweet direct dial to the brain feature. 

“The doll’s trying to kill me and the toaster’s been laughing at me!”

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

When are we supposed to get our booster shot? I admit to being nervous about all that but glad I’m vaxxed. 

20 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Due to my job, got my booster last Thursday. 

Sorry Nicole, it was last Thursday. You missed your chance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Due to my job, got my booster last Thursday. 

I got mine 5 weeks ago. Pfizer. Now I'm counting down the next 5 months so I can get my next one. I had my first Texas Cares draw the week before the booster, so my third and final antibody measurement will be at about the 6 month mark of my booster. Should be interesting to see how far my antibody level drops between draw 2 and 3.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Go mRNA. Full dose Moderna if you can, the half dose booster if not. 

The data you gave me from the FDA app didn't show much difference in response between the half dose and the full dose. I don't think it matters much as far as efficacy. However, I don't think there was much difference in side-effects either.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

The data you gave me from the FDA app didn't show much difference in response between the half dose and the full dose. I don't think it matters much as far as efficacy. However, I don't think there was much difference in side-effects either.

I don't frankly recall all of the results, but that was based on boosting after an MRNA 1st and 2nd dose, right?  I figure if you got JNJ initially, you need all the fn help you can get. But to your point, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it one way or the other. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't frankly recall all of the results, but that was based on boosting after an MRNA 1st and 2nd dose, right? 

Maybe you are right - I can't remember. I skimmed and had Moderna so I wouldn't have paid much attention. Can you give the link again and I'll look at it real quick?

37 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm at 7 months on Moderna. I've got to go to Florida for work next Wednesday. Should I try to get a booster before I go? Like tomorrow...

I got mine a few weeks ago a few days in advance of going to a bad football game and a trip I am going on this weekend.  Between the fair and airports, I figured it wasn’t a bad idea to get it a little early. My doctor agreed.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Maybe you are right - I can't remember. I skimmed and had Moderna so I wouldn't have paid much attention. Can you give the link again and I'll look at it real quick?

I think that this is the one. 

https://www.fda.gov/media/152953/download

I don't think that mixed regimens were discussed until a later meeting. 

• Like 1

So, looks like the the 50 microgram booster dose was 94% effective against Delta vs. the 100 microgram dose was 99% effective.  This is very good news, but also for Moderna because it gives them some cover to advocate for dose-sparing strategies preserving product.  The difference in dose really makes very little difference in nAb boosting.

10 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

So, looks like the the 50 microgram booster dose was 94% effective against Delta vs. the 100 microgram dose was 99% effective.  This is very good news, but also for Moderna because it gives them some cover to advocate for dose-sparing strategies preserving product.  The difference in dose really makes very little difference in nAb boosting.

Shit, even at half dose 50mcg its more than PFE at 30mcg.  

• Like 1

Had COVID. Don't see the need to get the vax. Done enough research to feel comfortable with the decision. I also had chicken pox and I won't be getting that vax either and likely HPV through activities and I won't get that vax. If I didn't get COVID last Nov then I would have got the vax because it was no fun the week I had it and the 2 mos I had no taste or smell.

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 3

21 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Had COVID. Don't see the need to get the vax. Done enough research to feel comfortable with the decision. I also had chicken pox and I won't be getting that vax either and likely HPV through activities and I won't get that vax. If I didn't get COVID last Nov then I would have got the vax because it was no fun the week I had it and the 2 mos I had no taste or smell.

It's estimated that you will get covid every 16 to 17 months if you are unvaccinated and, if you get covid, you are 11 times more likely to die if you are unvaccinated then if you are fully vaccinated. I would get vaccinated.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

It's estimated that you will get covid every 16 to 17 months if you are unvaccinated and, if you get covid, you are 11 times more likely to die if you are unvaccinated then if you are fully vaccinated. I would get vaccinated.

that is if uninfected. Have you seen the +30K Israeli data? Looks like natural immunity is stronger. Largest study to date. Also, would anecdotally explain why since then I have been maskless and exposed 5 direct times I know of. Then the 3 times I went to conventions with 1000s of people and sporting events with 100K where delta is the strain and have not got sick. I was infected with alpha last Nov.

• Fuck You 4

I was one of the Pfizer breakthroughs over the summer. I have my annual checkup in a few weeks. I’ll ask my doctor about the booster and then do what they say, since they’re paid to figure this stuff out. If I don’t trust them to give good advice, I should find another doctor.

I appreciate taking ownership of your health, but pretending to sort out competing studies and various conflicting biases and then self-medicating (or self-not-medicating) seems like madness to me. But I guess you’re welcome to make important health decisions based on a small handful of sick Israelis or any other study that tells you what you want to hear.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Got sick. did toilet research. compares covid to HPV and chicken pox...? But says if didn't get sick, would totally have gotten vaccinated (calling bullshit on that one based on the rest of your thinking).... Then admits getting sick was no fun plus 2 months of no taste or smell.... But still, when presented with the current status quo, you have two options. No Vax, go pure first infection antibody. Or go vax plus previous infection. You say you would have got vax to prevent previous experience. So now you have the previous experience and opportunity to get vax to add additional protection against previous experience, but are saying no?

Honestly, why? That don't make no damn sense at all.

3 hours ago, cam4mav said:

Got sick. did toilet research. compares covid to HPV and chicken pox...? But says if didn't get sick, would totally have gotten vaccinated (calling bullshit on that one based on the rest of your thinking).... Then admits getting sick was no fun plus 2 months of no taste or smell.... But still, when presented with the current status quo, you have two options. No Vax, go pure first infection antibody. Or go vax plus previous infection. You say you would have got vax to prevent previous experience. So now you have the previous experience and opportunity to get vax to add additional protection against previous experience, but are saying no?

You know why.  We all know why.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, cam4mav said:

You're calling bullshit I had covid? Moron. OK. Arrogant know it all. 

• Fuck You 4

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

FWIW, AB assays represent an incomplete picture and there is some evidence that mixing vector vaccines with mRNA vaccines might have some unique benefits....but JNJ as a booster doesn't seem to jump off the chart. 

FCJ5vINWYAMXFk1?format=jpg&name=large

Interesting.  I had J&J back in April, then had antibody testing in September and wasn't too thrilled with my numbers, so I got the full Moderna treatment.  Just had 2nd shot last week.

Had to lie to CVS in order to get them to give me a shot, but didn't feel too bad about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Reads to me like breakthrough symptomatic infections. 

Then I think that blows wide open the hole in the argument about focusing and distributing supply for initial vaxxing vs. boosting in a vaccine hesitant environment.  Boosting clearly (and at a high success rate) reduces breakthrough infections which prevents transmission.

And you are just not going to vaccinate 80% of Africa with a vaccine that requires cold chain distribution anyway, so maybe this will shut those people up.

16 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Wait a minute. You had it for a week, couldn't taste or smell anything for two months, and now don't see the need to get the vax and have done "enough research to feel comfortable with the decision?"

Holy shit! If this is true you must be the dumbest motherfucker on a board that includes some really stupid posters.  George Carlin was right:  Think how stupid the average coach is. Then realize that 50% of the coaches are stupider than that.

I did my own research 2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute. You had it for a week, couldn't taste or smell anything for two months, and now don't see the need to get the vax and have done "enough research to feel comfortable with the decision?"

Holy shit! If this is true you must be the dumbest motherfucker on a board that includes some really stupid posters.  George Carlin was right:  Think how stupid the average coach is. Then realize that 50% of the coaches are stupider than that.

I did my own research 2.jpg

you fucking moron. I got covid last Nov. there was no vax. I likely would have got the vax because it was not a fun week when i had it. I allowed my son to even get the shot so he wouldnt have to quarantine for football. you're truly a dipshit.

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

you fucking moron. I got covid last Nov. there was no vax. I likely would have got the vax because it was not a fun week when i had it. I allowed my son to even get the shot so he wouldnt have to quarantine for football. you're truly a dipshit.

Yes, but you said you don't see the need to get vaxxed now.  That's true dumbfuckery. 

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yes, but you said you don't see the need to get vaxxed now.  That's true dumbfuckery. 

That is true. You obviously havent read or heard anything about natural immunity after having had covid and how strong that is. Stronger than the vax actually per the largest study to date out of Israel with +30K patients. There isnt a critical thinking brain cell in your head is there? You just consume media and regurgitate what you've been told.

• Fuck You 4