Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

47 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Not even a sore injection site.

Your mother felt otherwise.

To be fair though, it was a rather large job site. 

Edited by Lobo

On 10/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, Planet Houston said:

I feel 100% fine today, zero issues. Slept well last night and was pretty tired, but nothing out of the ordinary. I also got my flu vaccine at the same time.

One weird thing is that all of my kitchenware and other metal things are sticking to me, but I think that will pass. I also get phone calls routed straight to my ears but I think that’s a feature of the new iPhone 13 I got. I upgraded from a X so I didn’t have 5g before, I guess the vaccine and new phone together gives me this super sweet direct dial to the brain feature. 

a few days ago, I was going to get my booster. They wouldn't let me because I had just got the flu shot two days before.

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I think I'd rather do it on a Friday that wasn't before a weekend, but that's just me.

And that's fair.  

Also FWIW, the use of "before a weekend" was intended to modify "that I had no plans" rather than "Friday." 

Edited by DDD Dad

12 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I did my Pfizer on a Friday before a weekend when I had no plans.  

I did my booster on a Monday so if there were any side effects it would cause me to burn a sick day as opposed to ruining a weekend.  There were no side effects other than a slightly sore arm.

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

And that's fair.  

Also FWIW, the use of "before a weekend" was intended to modify "that I had no plans" rather than "Friday." 

On second reading, you might be correct. Just trying to get in an asshole comment, and I may have over-reached.

Any nazis grammarians up in here?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, I just figured out I can get the Moderna booster whenever I want, basically. Now I just have to optimize for the side effects.  Any insight?

Go for it.  I had zero side effects.

Complete speculation on my part, but I would think the booster would have minimal effects since you've already been vaccinated.

I'm contemplating doing the booster now the weekend immediately after Thanksgiving.  I had a pretty crap-tastic reaction to the second shot (Pfizer).  36 hours of just awfulness.  But I'm thinking, I'm gonna be at my SIL's house with my wife's whole family (so plenty of folks to help my wife with the two munchkins as they'll be the only young kids there).  Thinking maybe get the shot on Friday in Fort Worth?  Feel like shit that day, feel like shit watching the Longhorns play KSU on tv, and recover by midday Sunday to drive home.  there's nothing else to do up there that weekend, may as well knock this out.  Plus nobody else drinks so may as well coincide it with a 36-hour dry spell of no booze.  I dunno, it feels like a good plan.  But I'm sure there's a flaw I'm not seeing.  I don't mind the feeling crappy part, small price to pay for rebooting my S-protein numbers.  I wanted to do it on a 'down' weekend anyway.  

So all that to say, who in Fort Worth on here knows a place that can hook me up with Moderna on a holiday weekend?  

Fair point, but I'm 2-shots vaxxed as are all of them (it'll be a small get together, relatively speaking).  Most of them have also had boosters.  We'll have just had my 6yo vacc'd before that as well.  I just don't have a 24-48 hour window to feel like shit between now and Thanksgiving though.  Between work and travel, I just can't spare that much downtime.  I'm in the office the Monday and Tuesday before Turkey Day as well.  I could do it that Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning before I leave, but I really don't wanna risk getting sick or bad chills while driving by myself on a crowded IH-35 on a holiday weekend.  26 & 27 November are really my next two days where I could afford to be out for the count if needed and it wouldn't pose a safety risk to anyone in terms of driving.  

For those of you who have had a Pfizer or Moderna booster on top of an initial shot of J&J, have you had any of the severe side effects like those of us that had the full mRNA  doses did?

None for me. Just sore at injection site and a little off the day after

J&J in March, Moderna half two weeks ago
  • Hook 'Em 1

On the advice of my doctor, I got the Moderna booster today.  I also got my flu shot.  I'm a side sleeper so I'm not exactly sure which arm I am going to try to sleep on tonight.  I'm going to get drunk enough to where it shouldn't matter to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

On the advice of my doctor, I got the Moderna booster today.  I also got my flu shot.  I'm a side sleeper so I'm not exactly sure which arm I am going to try to sleep on tonight.  I'm going to get drunk enough to where it shouldn't matter to be on the safe side.

I got my 2 in April/May and still haven’t got the text from Target. When did you get your initial shot? Maybe I should be more proactive, but target loves the shit out of texting me for scrips and flu shots.

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

I got my 2 in April/May and still haven’t got the text from Target. When did you get your initial shot? Maybe I should be more proactive, but target loves the shit out of texting me for scrips and flu shots.

I was about a month earlier than you. I have not taken an antibodies test so I have no idea what those numbers were before my booster. 

Mrs. Brat got her booster jab - a half dose -  Tuesday and felt fine, But yesterday evening she started running a 100.8 fever with chills & a headache, so she went to bed at 8. 
After piling on 4 blankets & taking Tylenol, she went to sleep, Then the fever broke at 2am. We got up at 7 and she feels fine now.
That was the only reaction from any of the Moderna jabs between us.

Two youngest just got their shots. I didn’t really have shit to do with it other than the green light, as I bugged out to the deer blind this afternoon. Apparently one tried to make a run for it, and the other got quite belligerent. With everyone involved. But they both got their shots. 

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

My fifth grader got his first shot this afternoon at Tarrytown Pharmacy.  He does fine with shots, but there were a lot of younger kids in there screaming bloody murder. 

Yeah. Our oldest usually is pretty cool about things like shots. But he tried to bolt. Wife actually said that she thought it was more of a ramped up reaction to all the kids in the room freaking out. 

The youngest is usually the one that tries to earl Campbell his way out of that shit. I give him a some leeway since he probably has PICU ptsd related to anyone in scrubs.