Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

On 8/7/2021 at 11:49 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

My reaction to the Pfizer vaccine was milder than the 2020 flu shot I took. Bad reactions appear to overexaggerated and anecdotal. 

United just hit their employees with a vax mandate. I think this is how it gets done. Employers firing people and flight travel bans for the unvaccinated. I wish it were easier, but it's not. 

I’m confident that I’m just fine but there’s a tiny part of me that thinks maybe I’d feel more confident if I had had any kind of reaction to getting the vaccine. A single mosquito bite is more traumatic. Human psychology can be kind of funny. It’s ironic but I’m not worried. I just think it’s an interesting observation. 

Hadn't seen this til now ...

"between early February and mid-July, roughly 99.5% of Texans who died from the virus were unvaccinated"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/09/austin-catastrophe-epicenter-again-pandemic

...and this, courtesy po elvis & the CDC:

"less than .01% of vaccinated people develop covid breakthrough cases that result in serious health complications or death".

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/8/2021 at 1:06 PM, 1978horn said:

My puppy actually got a hold of mine and tore it to pieces.

I lost mine too. I put it somewhere safe before I went on vacation and now have no clue where that safe place is. Luckily I took a picture of it and you can look it up on CVS’ website. 

On 8/10/2021 at 7:50 AM, NoRagrets said:

I lost mine too. I put it somewhere safe before I went on vacation and now have no clue where that safe place is. Luckily I took a picture of it and you can look it up on CVS’ website. 

Damn. Should have done that.  Mine is somewhere around the house but I took it with me traveling awhile back so who knows. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Damn. Should have done that.  Mine is somewhere around the house but I took it with me traveling awhile back so who knows. 

Guys, come on.  Make a two sided color photocopy of the original, laminate the copy, and then use the copy.  Put the original in your safe/safe deposit box/underwear drawer/wherever you keep important shit.

This isn't hard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Guys, come on.  Make a two sided color photocopy of the original, laminate the copy, and then use the copy.  Put the original in your safe/safe deposit box/underwear drawer/wherever you keep important shit.

This isn't hard.

Yeah sounds like a great plan to have had before I fucking lost it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

This isn't hard.

My wife just charged forward and laminated our originals.  I sure as shit hope that is okay.  Because that's what we've got, and that's where we are.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Was a bit of a ride for me.  Similar to second but later onset. 

Yeah, same here. Probably the worst one for me. Got it at noon & yesterday wasn't too bad other than the nagging headache all day. But last night in bed ... holy shit. Awake since about 2am, freezing my ass off despite having 4 blankets on me. 100.3 fever, which broke a little while ago. I feel a good bit better, but I'm gonna be useless today.

On 8/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, Brisketexan said:

My wife just charged forward and laminated our originals.  I sure as shit hope that is okay.  Because that's what we've got, and that's where we are.

They should just brand us  all on the forehead. At least then itwould live up to the fear mongering by non-vaxxers.

Edited by slorch

On 8/11/2021 at 4:22 PM, fattyflattie said:

Yeah sounds like a great plan to have had before I fucking lost it.  

Serious question....why does it really matter if you have a card or not.  1- don't they have EMR records like they do at my Dr.'s office for all of the other shots I have.  2- am I going to have to present that card at some time?  I can't remember ever having to present any other vaccine card before.  Have I just not seen this or been in a situation that called for it?

36 minutes ago, Nonbryan said:

Serious question....why does it really matter if you have a card or not.  1- don't they have EMR records like they do at my Dr.'s office for all of the other shots I have.  2- am I going to have to present that card at some time?  I can't remember ever having to present any other vaccine card before.  Have I just not seen this or been in a situation that called for it?

Some travel. And just in general, if things change, I’d be screwed. I spend pretty much equal time between Houston, DC, and Miami. So if any of those get a wild idea to start requiring it I’m screwed.  I was asked for proof thru work but the folks that need to know know I did it.  Would still like to be able to “prove it”. Walgreens ap says it shows record but only shows records of my appts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I had not heard that the booster can be a different shot than the initial shot(s).

It can be, obviously. Everything I’ve heard is that it shouldn’t. If you got the Pfizer vaccine, you’re supposed to get the Pfizer booster. Same with Moderna. If you got the J&J single-shot then you can get either the Pfizer or Moderna booster.

Just now seeing a piece on the news about a woman who’s being denied an organ transplant because she, and her donor whom she happened to meet in Bible study, refuses to get the vaccine (for “religious reasons,” yeah, right). Her doctors are telling her to get the vaccine. She’s had Covid already so she thinks she’s immune. Her doctors told her, “Your journey ends here.” That’s lethal stupidity. 

Moderna 1 (100 mcg) + 4 weeks + Moderna 2 (100 mcg) + whenever they approve it Moderna 3 (50 mcg) (not approved or available yet)

Pfizer 1 (30 mcg) + 3 weeks + Pfizer 2 (30 mcg) + 6 months + Pfizer 3 (30 mcg)

PH sounds like he did Pfizer 1 + Pfizer 2 + Moderna 1. You surely have 5G now. 

Edit - in practicality M1 = M2 and P1 = P2 = P3

Edited by Baboontyme

Here’s a link to the story about that stupid bitch who’s getting taken off the transplant list for refusing to get the vaccine. For religious reasons? Tell me those reasons. You’re just an idiot who read on Facebook from some other idiot that you’re not supposed to get vaccinated and you trust that idiot more than you trust your doctors.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/no-covid-vaccine-no-organ-transplant-colorado-hospital-says/

Sorry, I suppose that doesn’t really belong in this thread. It was just a coincidence that I saw the story as I was replying about the booster shot. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

15 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I got my second Pfizer dose on 4/1 and I just got a Moderna “booster”. 

i would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  I went Pfizer 2nd the week before yuo.  And am heavily considering the Moderna booster and soon.  

Let us know how it all goes.  

I feel 100% fine today, zero issues. Slept well last night and was pretty tired, but nothing out of the ordinary. I also got my flu vaccine at the same time.

One weird thing is that all of my kitchenware and other metal things are sticking to me, but I think that will pass. I also get phone calls routed straight to my ears but I think that’s a feature of the new iPhone 13 I got. I upgraded from a X so I didn’t have 5g before, I guess the vaccine and new phone together gives me this super sweet direct dial to the brain feature. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I had the same problem with the metallic objects sticking to me after my two shots.  But each morning, I shave my body clean and rub myself down in Ivermectin.  Nothing can stick to me now.  My clothes fit different and I sweat a lot more, but it's worth it to own Bill Gates!  

But yeah, I also meant---let us know what your counts are down the road if you don't mind sharing.  

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I feel 100% fine today, zero issues. Slept well last night and was pretty tired, but nothing out of the ordinary. I also got my flu vaccine at the same time.

One weird thing is that all of my kitchenware and other metal things are sticking to me, but I think that will pass. I also get phone calls routed straight to my ears but I think that’s a feature of the new iPhone 13 I got. I upgraded from a X so I didn’t have 5g before, I guess the vaccine and new phone together gives me this super sweet direct dial to the brain feature. 

Might not be the vaccine. It is God - Real Genius Kent | Meme Generator

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But yeah, I also meant---let us know what your counts are down the road if you don't mind sharing.  

I have not checked my counts and not entirely sure how to even go about doing that other than my PCP. If helpful for others and something good for me to know, I’d be happy to do it. I guess I should get a count now to give me a baseline on how the Moderna vaccine performed? I’ve seen some of y’all discussing your counts but it’s not something I’ve focused on. 

My wife and kids recently got it on a trip I wasn’t on with them (breakthrough for my wife with the same Pfizer schedule, kids are 7) and I did not get it - but we socially distanced and wore masks at home. I got my Moderna vaccine as soon as I could answer I wasn’t around COVID positive people for 2 weeks. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Here’s a link to the story about that stupid bitch who’s getting taken off the transplant list for refusing to get the vaccine. For religious reasons? Tell me those reasons. You’re just an idiot who read on Facebook from some other idiot that you’re not supposed to get vaccinated and you trust that idiot more than you trust your doctors.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/no-covid-vaccine-no-organ-transplant-colorado-hospital-says/

Sorry, I suppose that doesn’t really belong in this thread. It was just a coincidence that I saw the story as I was replying about the booster shot. 

Sounds like my late DIL who refused treatment for her breast cancer. She thought “special oils and aromatherapy” would cure her Stage 4 cancer.

By the time her friends intervened and she reluctantly allowed real oncology treatment (surgery & chemo) it was way too late.

my two grandsons have grown up the past 8 years without a mother and my son without the love of his life. All because she believed in “alternative” crackpots and a quack.

god damn those ignorant morons

Edited by Armybrat
  • Rage+1 1

A guy at my office decided to not get the vaccine because he's asthmatic, and was afraid of the potential for blood clots from the vaccine.  Long story short, he got the Covid, developed pneumonia, then had a heart attack (from Covid induced blood clots) while in the hospital, flatlining for two minutes.  He's home now, but damn near bought the farm.  FAFO indeed.

5 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

A guy at my office decided to not get the vaccine because he's asthmatic, and was afraid of the potential for blood clots from the vaccine.  Long story short, he got the Covid, developed pneumonia, then had a heart attack (from Covid induced blood clots) while in the hospital, flatlining for two minutes.  He's home now, but damn near bought the farm.  FAFO indeed.

that's some scary shit.  as an asthmatic since I was a toddler (now 48), I was worried about the jab too, but not about blood clots. 

that seems like some Fakebook propaganda there.  I got my two Pfizers back in February and have been symptom free since.

27 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Got J&J back in March. Not sure if I should hold a few weeks for J&J booster or get one of the others. Anyone do recent research on this, or should I just ask the neighborhood Facebook page?

Doesn't matter. You're already dead.