Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

42 minutes ago, F250 said:

I heard about this on NPR the other day. Are you given a raffle ticket or something after your 2nd shot?

No, you just sign up online and give then your phone # and email (and when and where you got your shot(s). And you only have to have one shot to enter. And they have a drawing every week and you can keep entering.

Also, after I got my second shot today I noticed that the MegaMillions is up to $515 Million so I bought a ticket. :)

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No, you just sign up online and give then your phone # and email. And you only have to have one shot to enter. And they have a drawing every week and you can keep entering. 

"I get a shot every week to improve my odds."

sad it's always sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:44 AM, InkaUtexas said:

I had everything ready for Hot Toddy's and they worked well. Was a bit foggy but could not tell if from them or from the vaccine. Either way watched movies on the couch and treated it like having a bout of the flu. Was fine two days later. 

My first Moderna made me stupid for about a half a day.  Like I was in Joe vs the Volcano and I had a brain cloud.  I couldn't think straight.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

My first Moderna made me stupid for about a half a day.  Like I was in Joe vs the Volcano and I had a brain cloud.  I couldn't think straight.  

Nothing a 1990 Meg Ryan couldn't fix. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, smoky said:
26 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:
12 hours after my second shot and I’m suffering no adverse effects.

But have you won the lottery yet?

The first Vax-A-Million drawing is on Sunday. I haven’t checked the Mega Millions results yet. But I doubt it. (Of course, I’d never admit it if I did.)

Edited by WhatTheBuck

Image of I've been shot already.

On the way to my second shot today, "Comfortably Numb" came on the radio.  I just laughed.

O.K. (OK OK)
Just a little pin prick
There'll be no more aaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick

Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on, it's time to go

• Hook 'Em 3

I felt not so great but not horrible after the second shot of Pfizer. Took a long nap and was fine. 

Had to have our espresso machine repaired the other day and the repair guy, probably about 50 yo, said he wasn't going to get the vacc because "some family members" had a bad reaction to it. He was however polite enough to wear a mask without my asking while in our house.

The small possibility of feeling really bad after getting jabbed vs. the possibility of feeling extremely shitty if you get covid...I'll take what's behind Door 1 every single time and little respect for anyone who doesn't get the vaccine unless they have a medical condition and getting the vaccine isn't advised. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I have a co-worker who is fully vaccinated, but says she will refuse booster shots.  From her description, her reaction to the second Moderna shot was like a bad case of the flu for about 24 hours, then back to normal quickly.  She says she won't take the chance of feeling that bad again.  I pointed out that the booster may make her feel bad for a while, but won't harm her, but Covid stands a chance of making her feel even worse and causing life changing harm.  She's willing to take that chance.  

Me?  I will get the boosters as often and as long as I need to.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I have a co-worker who is fully vaccinated, but says she will refuse booster shots.  From her description, her reaction to the second Moderna shot was like a bad case of the flu for about 24 hours, then back to normal quickly.  She says she won't take the chance of feeling that bad again.  I pointed out that the booster may make her feel bad for a while, but won't harm her, but Covid stands a chance of making her feel even worse and causing life changing harm.  She's willing to take that chance.  

Me?  I will get the boosters as often and as long as I need to.

I’m not aware that we have any data on it yet but I would assume a booster shot would be much less likely to result in any negative symptoms than the second shot of the vaccine. That would just seem to me to make intuitive sense. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not aware that we have any data on it yet but I would assume a booster shot would be much less likely to result in any negative symptoms than the second shot of the vaccine. That would just seem to me to make intuitive sense. 

That's my thought, too.  Either way, her risk analysis is pretty screwed up.  Lot of that going around, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

Yeah, not sure what it was about the second Pfizer shot, but people were not exaggerating when they said they had a rough time with it.  I would think the booster would be more like the first shot, but I dunno---would love hear from the science geeks on there what they anticipate it would be like.  I'll still take it in a heartbeat, but certainly gonna clear my schedule for the 36 hours afterwards because that was fucking brutal. 

One nice thing is wife and I can stagger our shots six months apart.  Our booster would be due in April and we get our flu shots every year in October.  Probably good for me to have a day off boozing in next April anyway when all the fun Austin spring shit comes back open.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, not sure what it was about the second Pfizer shot, but people were not exaggerating when they said they had a rough time with it.  I would think the booster would be more like the first shot, but I dunno---would love hear from the science geeks on there what they anticipate it would be like.  I'll still take it in a heartbeat, but certainly gonna clear my schedule for the 36 hours afterwards because that was fucking brutal. 

One nice thing is wife and I can stagger our shots six months apart.  Our booster would be due in April and we get our flu shots every year in October.  Probably good for me to have a day off boozing in next April anyway when all the fun Austin spring shit comes back open.  

Got first Pfizer shot 4 months after covid and  it was way worse than the second. Second just had me feeling “not right”; I’d be fine one second then next I’d have to take a 30 second timeout and just rest my eyes/catch my breath.  Did that four or five times for 24 hours after but overall had pretty good energy and then back to normal after that first day.

Might have been psychosomatic though, doctor who did the shot said she was surprised to hear my families anecdotes of a worse reaction to second over first shot. She reiterated that logically it should be the first shot that was the “toughest”. She was right in my case for what it’s worth.  

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, not sure what it was about the second Pfizer shot, but people were not exaggerating when they said they had a rough time with it.  I would think the booster would be more like the first shot, but I dunno---would love hear from the science geeks on there what they anticipate it would be like. 

not a science geek but 

https://bestlifeonline.com/moderna-booster-side-effects-news/

On May 5, Moderna shared a statement that highlighted the findings of clinical trial data on its booster shot. Researchers found that the Moderna booster helps protect against new variants and provides continued immunity from COVID. If you thought you were done dealing with vaccine side effects after your second shot, however, this research says otherwise.

According to the statement, the side effects of the booster shot are similar to those experienced after the second dose of the vaccine. The most common side effects included pain at the injection site, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, and joint pain. Moderna did note that, in general, people reacted less to the booster shot than to the original vaccine. 

image.gif.4bec9675f294e5a98d327d79e03168fd.gif

Guest Lobo

Lot of people don't know that before he murdered old boxing coaches, Clubber Lang studied virology vaccinations.  

I figure it will be somewhere between the nothingness of the first shot and the shitwad that was the second shot.  I hope people don't take these reports as another excuse not to get the 1st/2nd vaccination shot and/or the boosters.  I'm just gonna be more diligent about when I schedule it.  I'll assume it won't be the 4am CVS pharmacy free-for-all online it was for us last time where I just grabbed first shot time I saw.  It was as close to a Black Friday pre-dawn raid on a rural Wal-Mart as I'll ever get.  Was kind of a rush.  

Anheuser-Busch to give away free beer when US hits vaccination goal.

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local/anheuser-busch-to-give-away-free-beer-when-us-hits-vaccination-goal/article_59496780-89e0-589c-908a-0731fdc7a867.html

ST. LOUIS — Anheuser-Busch is now offering another reason to get vaccinated against COVID-19: free beer.

The Budweiser brewer said Wednesday that once 70% of American adults are at least partially inoculated, it’ll buy a round of beer for anyone 21 or older.

Consumers will just have to upload a picture of themselves in their favorite place to grab a beer — whether it’s a bar or their backyard — to Mycooler.com/Beer to get a free beer, seltzer, non-alcoholic beverage or other A-B product. 

The new incentive is aligned with President Joe Biden’s goal of having 70% of American adults receive at least one vaccine shot by July 4. 

Nationwide, about 63% of adults have received at least one dose, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Missouri, that number is about 54%.

The promotion is just the latest effort to encourage people to get vaccinated and aid the country’s recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.  

14 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Which one of you is gonna start the I've NOT been or will NOT get vaxxed and here's why...

I'm on a work call with about 10 people from my extended team and an equal number of people from a partner company. There is a woman on from my company demoing a new tool we're about to start using. She spent the first 10 minutes of the call talking about how she's never going to get vaccinated AND how she refuses to go anywhere that requires her to wear a mask. She started to go down a conspiracy theory rat hole and I stopped her and said  "Hey _____, we only have an hour here and I want to save some time for questions. Can we go ahead and get started?" She's a brit, so I guess we don't have a monopoly on morons. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm on a work call with about 10 people from my extended team and an equal number of people from a partner company. There is a woman on from my company demoing a new tool we're about to start using. She spent the first 10 minutes of the call talking about how she's never going to get vaccinated AND how she refuses to go anywhere that requires her to wear a mask. She started to go down a conspiracy theory rat hole and I stopped her and said  "Hey _____, we only have an hour here and I want to save some time for questions. Can we go ahead and get started?" She's a brit, so I guess we don't have a monopoly on morons. 

I'm going to call Michael right now and have her fired, sound good? :)

And Europe is even worse on covid anti-vaxers than the US.  We're not special, there are idiots everywhere.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:45 PM, MissingInAction said:

Buddy had a party this weekend and you had to have your v card to get in. A friend of a friend brings someone who is full q turd and of course aggy. He was refused entry and mocked openly after suggesting we had all been injected with trackers.

Fucking loser.

dude you totally missed your chance.   Yes mr aggy, we have all been tracked and we accept our new overloard, the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You will be assilimlted as well.... we need your blood...

i mean totally fuck with the idiot, i mean aggy when you get the chance.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Got Moderna #2 yesterday at 1430.  Felt fine, other than arm slightly sore by end of the night (identical to first one).  Woke up this AM to arm being noticeably more sore, just like the first shot.  About lunch I felt like I got hit by a train.  Cancelled my meetings in the afternoon, and hit the bed.  Woke up about 1500 feeling much better, and have felt fine since.  Trying to get to bed early again tonight (but wont happen) and hopefully I've suffered the worst of it.  

Disappointed to see some adverse reactions to Pfizer.  I thought that one was the most smooth sailing of the 2 shot regiments.  

18 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Got Moderna #2 yesterday at 1430.  Felt fine, other than arm slightly sore by end of the night (identical to first one).  Woke up this AM to arm being noticeably more sore, just like the first shot.  About lunch I felt like I got hit by a train.  Cancelled my meetings in the afternoon, and hit the bed.  Woke up about 1500 feeling much better, and have felt fine since.  Trying to get to bed early again tonight (but wont happen) and hopefully I've suffered the worst of it.  

Disappointed to see some adverse reactions to Pfizer.  I thought that one was the most smooth sailing of the 2 shot regiments.  

almost exactly my experience. I got progressively worse from about 18hrs post-shot #2 to 24hrs, then felt like shit for about 12 hours. was fine after that except for some brain fog that lasted about 3 days. 

30 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

almost exactly my experience. I got progressively worse from about 18hrs post-shot #2 to 24hrs, then felt like shit for about 12 hours. was fine after that except for some brain fog that lasted about 3 days. 

Cross my fingers but I’ve been fine today. Arm was sore this AM but is better now, mostly.  No grogginess.  Still have some brain fog but that’s just normal.   Feel for all of y’all that did get slammed by the vaccs.  Still well worth it but that sucks. 

Guest Lobo
On 6/2/2021 at 10:35 AM, utee94 said:

Sadly, they're not. They're completely average from a global perspective.

If you want to read about exceptional idiots, google search the Poland anti vaccine movement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/world/europe/poland-covid-vaccine-skepticism.html

"

I think it would bum a lot of anti-vaxxers in the U.S. to learn they are no different from "Them Euro-Queers" or "Them Darkies" or "Them Brown People" or "Them Shady Asians."  We used to take pride in our Empowered Stupidity.  Entire movements have been based on it.  And then after all our posturing, and all our speeches, we're nothing more than common morons.  

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Had a cousin expire this past Sunday, presumably in part from reaction to 2nd shot. She had survived the actual COVID back in January but had 16 years of crazy medical history prior to this year working against her. RIP. 

Damn, sorry to hear that.

On 6/1/2021 at 5:33 PM, CooterBrown said:

I don’t get why people are so fucking scared of being sick for a day or two after a shot. Has no one ever had the flu or strep or what the fuck ever? We truly are a nation of bleeding vaginas.

This is the god damn truth. Yeah, I felt like shit for a little while after moderna #2. Who cares. 

• Hook 'Em 2

An Australian friend's Facebook is constantly trashed with anti-vaxxer comments. I swear most of Australia are MAGA drunks. He made a post today about the Australian government had identified a new variant that affected children at a much higher rate than previous variants and holy shit the amount of conspiracy shit about stealing "muh freedom" was insane.