2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

5 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

The name they chose reeks of this day and age. It is horrible.

Cleveland Wild Things would have been my choice.

For the truly dark and dry humored,

Cleveland Reparations

Let's be honest -- "Cleveland" reeks more than "Guardians."

• Haha 1

Also, fuck you and your criticism. This is a good thing. The Indians name needed to be replaced and Chief Wahoo was a fucking embarrassment. Maybe you slave holders from a Confederate State don’t get that. As if there’s any name they could’ve chosen that you wouldn’t deride. (As you chase the Aggies to the SEC and cling to your racist alma mater song.)

Heres something that’s kind of ironic. There was an episode of Family Ties where a black family, friends of the Keatons, whose dad worked with Steven Keaton at the local PBS station, bought a house in their neighborhood. Their house was vandalized and covered with racist graffiti. The Keatons came to their defense but in one scene Elyse Keaton was wearing an Indians jersey with Chief Wahoo on it. How fucked up is that?

I’m not much of a baseball fan. I don’t really get interested unless and until Cleveland makes the playoffs. Not too long ago it looked like they had a good chance to win the World Series but they choked it away. I figured that was okay because as long as they called themselves Indians and still sold merchandise with the Chief Wahoo logo on it, they probably didn’t deserve it.

So fuck you if you don’t support this change. This is progress. I might even buy a hat or a t-shirt.

GO GUARDIANS!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not much of a baseball fan.

Yet you're in here negging everyone for making fun of the name. I didn't see one poster in here suggest that they shouldn't change the name. Maybe some people feel that way but it wasn't expressed. Even the fucking UCLA fan doesn't like the name. Is he a racist, slave-owning piece of shit, too?

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Also, fuck you and your criticism. This is a good thing. The Indians name needed to be replaced and Chief Wahoo was a fucking embarrassment. Maybe you slave holders from a Confederate State don’t get that. As if there’s any name they could’ve chosen that you wouldn’t deride. (As you chase the Aggies to the SEC and cling to your racist alma mater song.)

Heres something that’s kind of ironic. There was an episode of Family Ties where a black family, friends of the Keatons, whose dad worked with Steven Keaton at the local PBS station, bought a house in their neighborhood. Their house was vandalized and covered with racist graffiti. The Keatons came to their defense but in one scene Elyse Keaton was wearing an Indians jersey with Chief Wahoo on it. How fucked up is that?

I’m not much of a baseball fan. I don’t really get interested unless and until Cleveland makes the playoffs. Not too long ago it looked like they had a good chance to win the World Series but they choked it away. I figured that was okay because as long as they called themselves Indians and still sold merchandise with the Chief Wahoo logo on it, they probably didn’t deserve it.

So fuck you if you don’t support this change. This is progress. I might even buy a hat or a t-shirt.

GO GUARDIANS!!!

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

GO GUARDIANS!!!

charlie sheen baseball GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yet you're in here negging everyone for making fun of the name. I didn't see one poster in here suggest that they shouldn't change the name. Maybe some people feel that way but it wasn't expressed. Even the fucking UCLA fan doesn't like the name. Is he a racist, slave-owning piece of shit, too?

A Buckeye fan is sensitive and takes things too seriously? Color me shocked. 

Actually a lot of Cleveland fans like the name, they know what it means, unlike the rest of the country.

• And no CARDINAL would survive a day in the Arizona desert, why did they bring that name along with the team?
  • Like I can hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing JAZZ in Utah!
  • Is there any LAKE within 100 miles of Los Angeles? It sure isn't the land of 1,000 lakes.
  •  And what the heck is a KRAKEN? Folk in Seattle might know. Or not.

After looking at that, Guardians is a pretty cool name. 

42 minutes ago, TexasBuckeye said:
  • Like I can hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing JAZZ in Utah!
  • Is there any LAKE within 100 miles of Los Angeles? It sure isn't the land of 1,000 lakes.

The Jazz started in New Orleans. The Lakers started in Minneapolis. 

Not exactly difficult to look up. Franchises usually only change their name if they have to. The Jazz being in Utah is funny, but easily explainable. The Lakers are one of the most iconic sports teams in the world. I doubt they're torn up about how much sense their team name makes or not. 

I was pro-name change, I don’t think the name “Indians” is racist, but it’s pretty dated. And when you haven’t won a World Series since 1948 why not try to switch some shit up. I did think the Chief Wahoo logo was racist and Sambo-esque, but they got rid of that several years ago. 

All that said, Guardians is dumb as hell. Should’ve changed it to Spiders. Unique & historical.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I was pro-name change, I don’t think the name “Indians” is racist, but it’s pretty dated. And when you haven’t won a World Series since 1948 why not try to switch some shit up. I did think the Chief Wahoo logo was racist and Sambo-esque, but they got rid of that several years ago. 

All that said, Guardians is dumb as hell. Should’ve changed it to Spiders. Unique & historical.

This.

Soooooo much this.

However, it’s [checks notes] 2021 and your level headed and reasonable take is no longer welcome in society.

Please go kill yourself.

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

The Jazz started in New Orleans. The Lakers started in Minneapolis. 

Not exactly difficult to look up. Franchises usually only change their name if they have to. The Jazz being in Utah is funny, but easily explainable. The Lakers are one of the most iconic sports teams in the world. I doubt they're torn up about how much sense their team name makes or not. 

I KNOW where they originated! That was my point. And the Cardinals should go back to St. Louis and Chicago, their two previous homes. But you didn't know that. Not difficult to look up.

Those Cleveland tourism videos are classic.  I spent 10 days there a few years ago for a tech conference and actually had a good time there.  Not saying I would live there or anything but the people were friendly and there was plenty to do.  Saw Bauer pitch.  Which I guess at this point means I saw Mr. Rapey.  Coldest I have ever been in May.

And that’s my CSB for today.  The name choice is terrible, but so was the Houston Texans and that seems pretty accepted these days.  We will all get used to it at some point.

4 hours ago, TexasBuckeye said:

I KNOW where they originated! That was my point. And the Cardinals should go back to St. Louis and Chicago, their two previous homes. But you didn't know that. Not difficult to look up.

What the fuck are you talking about, then? Cleveland has always been in... Cleveland. They've been (or were) the Indians for over 100 years.

What the fuck do the Arizona Cardinals and Lakers have to do with that?

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

yeah, i meant to ask you about that, but then i got distracted by the chick in your photos. 😂 i bet that was unreal live. 

Mets stadium didn’t do much replay. But they played springer catch several times. 

check my pics and Jumbotron 

562C12AD-E95D-4806-9F6B-7FC02B7FA555.jpeg

7FBBC337-CB9A-4015-AE8C-17716C0AA851.jpeg

AE65A710-03A3-4275-8EC2-BD1D098B5308.jpeg

F40031E1-1300-4E03-B15A-0045009BD4A6.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1