2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

Why in the holy fuck is there only one game today?

These player injuries must be investigated.

Oh...it's deliberate by baseball,  you say?  Lolz

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Why in the holy fuck is there only one game today?

These player injuries must be investigated.

Oh...it's deliberate by baseball,  you say?  Lolz

I think they want the whole nation to bask in the glory of Boston v New York.

during BP at the ASG they went around asking the all stars who their favorite players are. many said Shohei; obviously guys like Tatis and Acuña were named; of course there was Vladdy Jr. do you know what Aaron Judge's answer was? Xander Bogaerts and Rafael Devers. no shit. in my day the Red Sox ace used to throw the NYY bench coach on his ass. now the NYY all star OF is loving him some Red Sox players. no wonder that rivalry sucks now.

That’s sports in general now though. No one hates each other. This will piss off lots of Astro fans, but Judge was asked about the Altuve celebration after the walk off the other day & said he had no problem with it. 

“I didn’t see the Maldonado thing. Somebody talked about it,” Judge said Monday, the All-Star Game’s media day. “I did see, after the game, them ripping off the jersey and everything. That’s fun. He just hit a walk-off homer to win the game. That’s big time. You do whatever you want. You can celebrate. You can walk around the bases. It’s all part of the game, you know?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/07/12/yankees-aaron-judge-reacts-to-blatant-astros-trolling/amp/

why would that piss off astros fans?  altuve wasn't even in charge of the "altuve celebration" after the homer.

i've heard good things about "judge the human being" and i'm fine giving people the benefit of the doubt.  where i do have an issue is when certain players (not just yankees) make public statements that make it sound like they (or their team) are squeaky clean and the astros were somehow the only team dabbling in sign-stealing.

there's a really good reason why most players haven't said a word and why way more retired players are anti-fiers than anti-astros.

the truth is that the majority of players care way less about that shit than the fans or the (mostly nyc-based) media.

• Hook 'Em 4

Speculation this afternoon on Tiki and Tierney(sp?) that Trevor Bauer might not pitch for the Dodgers again.  

Pretty damned interesting intersection of contracts/ player conduct/ and good ole karma.