2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

6 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I am headed to Chavez Ravine tonight for Dodgers/Astros.  Shit could get interesting.  Fortunately the seats should keep me away from most of the unwashed masses.  

"Just remember, if there's a fight, be a decent human being and film sideways. And yell "WORLDSTAR" -random redditor.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Serious question for @sbbruin or anybody else. Why have the L.A. stadiums turned into such unruly and dangerous places to watch sporting events? It’s totally gotten out of hand. 

They haven’t.  Only Dodger Stadium.  And honestly it’s because a lot of displaced Raider fans needed a home.  But at the same time, there’s no fan base more committed to their team.  I have been a diehard since I was 5 years old.  And these people are into it.  But maybe more so than most should be.  But I am one of them.

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

if the season ended today, Dodgers v Padres wild card playoff game would be a blood bath

Bellinger still wouldn’t get a hit.

Edited by slorch

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

Bellinger still wouldn’t get a hit.

Amen to that.  He is a fucking trainwreck.  Hard to imagine the conversation with a former ROY and MVP, but it is time to tell him that he's too much of a liability, and he needs to go get his head straight at OK City, or fuck, Rancho Cucamonga.

Multiple fights at the Dodgers/Astros game at MMP earlier this year.

The biggest one I saw and it got a lot of run was started by a drunk Astros fan.

Shit happens at every stadium.

But the Dodger fanbase is likely the most violent in MLB.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Have y'all noticed how terrible Bellinger has been since the cheating scandal broke and MLB really cracked down on monitors and shit in the dugout areas? 

Guessing is harder than knowing, eh Cody?

would love to see the stats (too lazy to lookup) 

34 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Have y'all noticed how terrible Bellinger has been since the cheating scandal broke and MLB really cracked down on monitors and shit in the dugout areas? 

Guessing is harder than knowing, eh Cody?

I think the league has figured out that all you have to do is pitch him low and inside. He knows it’s coming but still can’t hit it. 

5 hours ago, elguapo said:

If the Astros and Dodgers play in the WS there will be a riot

I have been to hundreds of Dodger games.  Last night was unlike any I've ever been to, and it wasn't close.  There was a shitton of Estrella Jalisco and Michelada fueled mayhem from people who seemed like they were there for no other reason that to stir shit up.  Fortunately I didn't have to rub elbows with most of them.

Edited by Sbbruin

Also I have no idea if he has anything left in the tank, but our starting rotation is pretty rough right now after Buehler and Scherzer.  Urias has been solid, but Bauer is likely to never wear a Dodger uniform again, Kershaw may be out longer than we thought, Gonsolin is back on the DL, and May is gone for the season.  Needed arms.

3 minutes ago, huge said:

Yeah. That’s probably fair.

And I feel like the Dodger loco shit is recent. Giants fans getting stabbed and whatnot.

It started when the Raiders left.  A lot of Raider fans were left drifting and looking for a home.  They found Dodger Stadium.

45 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I have been to hundreds of Dodger games.  Last night was unlike any I've ever been to, and it wasn't close.  There was a shitton of Estrella Jalisco and Michelada fueled mayhem from people who seemed like they were there for no other reason that to stir shit up.  Fortunately I didn't have to rub elbows with most of them.

Hopefully the clown show in the stands expended most of its worst energy last night.