2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

33 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If I wasn’t “working” I might. But I already know the whole story so I never felt compelled to watch. Doesn’t seem like it’s better than the sandlot, pride of the Yankees, the natural, eight men out, or moneyball. That’s my holy grail of baseball films. 

IMO, you're not really missing anything.  

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

When is this gay ass field of dreams shit? I just cancelled plans guess I'll throw this on.

Starting right now. Costner just walked on to the field from the corn stalks. Production is kind of over the top with the drama. On Fox. 

35 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

If i cancelled plans, I'd just keep living my life. I just dont see the fascination with it. 

Fuck your lawn

Someone’s jealous their team doesn’t get to play in a cornfield today. Fuck houston.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

If I wasn’t “working” I might. But I already know the whole story so I never felt compelled to watch. Doesn’t seem like it’s better than the sandlot, pride of the Yankees, the natural, eight men out, or moneyball. That’s my holy grail of baseball films. 

No Bull Durham? That’s the best IMO.
And yeah, Field of Dreams never did it for me. 

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

So in 2009, my daughter and I were in Omaha at the CWS.  I got an email from her softball coach saying that they had a kid drop off the All-Star team and would she want to replace her?  But she'd have to play outfield instead of 1B like she did in the season.  I told him we weren't coming home until Texas did, but I'd practice with her while we were here.  

After the CWS pool play was over, there were 2-3 off days before the championship series, so I decided we'd head to Chicago so she could see a game at Wrigley.  

And we made a pit stop along the way to practice:

fod.jpg.ff068be637705e0f6834fae7ae220052.jpg

fod2.jpg.d6f43116d5327466f602f96cca447cb1.jpg

Easily one of the coolest moments of my life.

Your body is way too open on that throw. Tighten up. 

Costner coming out of the cornstalks was cool. Having both teams walk out of it was a bit much.

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

So in 2009, my daughter and I were in Omaha at the CWS.  I got an email from her softball coach saying that they had a kid drop off the All-Star team and would she want to replace her?  But she'd have to play outfield instead of 1B like she did in the season.  I told him we weren't coming home until Texas did, but I'd practice with her while we were here.  

After the CWS pool play was over, there were 2-3 off days before the championship series, so I decided we'd head to Chicago so she could see a game at Wrigley.  

And we made a pit stop along the way to practice:

fod.jpg.ff068be637705e0f6834fae7ae220052.jpg

fod2.jpg.d6f43116d5327466f602f96cca447cb1.jpg

Easily one of the coolest moments of my life.

Very cool, BV.  Very cool.  

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I'm throwing "fly balls" in the second one.  Did you miss the part about her having to play OF for the first time.  

And I'm sorry, but them walking out from the corn just now was fucking cool.  Some shit-eating grins on the faces of guys who usually don't show emotion.  

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Costner coming out of the cornstalks was cool. Having both teams walk out of it was a bit much.

Buncha players who weren't even alive when the movie was made walking around in a cornfield in front of a bunch of old white dudes names Frank and Steve gettin all teary eyed.

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Gimmicky ass bullshit field. Cheap homer.

Field of Dreams

335’ down the lines, 380’ alleys, 400’ centerfield 

Yankee Stadium

Left field – 318 ft (97 m) Left center – 399 ft (122 m) Center field – 408 ft (124 m)Right center – 385 ft (117 m) Right field – 314 ft 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Jesus.   You’re such a fucking knob-slobbing gomer.   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i get that they get more money from the built up stadium.... but I guess I am a fucking purist who was hoping they would play on the original field    just 500 or so spectators along the lines and the corn cut back to the dimentions. 

Understood.  Not sure that original field is built to handle major league dimensions.  I suppose it could be modified but this is not a bad alternative - one of the coolest things we have seen in any sport for a long time.    Middle of nowhere, land of a billion corn stalks, that's it.  And they have this park put up to host an MLB game with two of the biggest teams in the sport right now.  

So cool on so many levels.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Good read below on what's next for that MLB field. Safe bet this won't be the last MLB game played in that stadium.   All you need to know:   FOX will accumulate more advertising sales revenue from the game this week than any other regular season game in its 25-year relationship with MLB. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2021/08/12/mlb-field-of-dreams-stadium-iowa-future/8115681002/