2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Morris had a huge problem with female reporters in the locker room.  He's a long-time meathead.

Yeah it was a long time ago, maybe like 1990, but he bullied a female reporter in the locker room and her life kind of spiraled after that and she wound up committing suicide (technically drank herself to death). I believe he has since apologized, but...

https://deadspin.com/the-writer-who-was-too-strong-to-live-1785661187?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Edited by Baboontyme
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Meh.  Stephen A. kept his job.    Surely, Morris will keep his.  

6 hours ago, speed817 said:

Stephen A. didn't use a mocking accent though....

Suspended indefinitely.

https://theathletic.com/news/tigers-analyst-jack-morris-suspended-indefinitely-after-shohei-ohtani-comments/rlBg5zwj09Uz?source=fbnews&fbclid=IwAR1QDv3U509JB2sAvc2Yz5PF39KLvVchL4prRua6KsFXoV3JwLlscSSQPZs

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:
Everybody in the AL not named Shohei is competing for 2nd place

Never underestimate the The-Angels-Could-Have-Finished-In-4th-Without-Him voters.

whatever.  He's the best player in the game and it's not even close.   With a healthy Trout, Rendon, etc, do you think the Angels would be where they are?  Where would Shohei be with Trout batting after him?  Has there ever been a HR leader batting leadoff before? 

Edited by Gil Bang

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

She might be a keeper. 

She’s been a little aloof lately, but today consisted of a) morning beej (first time in AGES), then she went and set up my son’s water polo team’s parents breakfast.  Met her there, she was a champ, then made it home, and 55 mins before first pitch I threw out “what do think about going to the Dodger game?”  My son had to go to work and my daughter was like “f that” so she said “”let’s do it!”  Bought those seats for $60 each (those would’ve been $150 a day earlier but panic set in).  Rallied and it was the best day the two of us have had in ages.  We needed that.  Candidly we’ve been a little rocky lately.  Leave it to the Dodgers to bring us closer.  Love that team so very much.

• Like 3

On 8/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, Baboontyme said:

Yeah it was a long time ago, maybe like 1990, but he bullied a female reporter in the locker room and her life kind of spiraled after that and she wound up committing suicide (technically drank herself to death). I believe he has since apologized, but...

https://deadspin.com/the-writer-who-was-too-strong-to-live-1785661187?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

hes been a dick for a long time 

52 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

She’s been a little aloof lately, but today consisted of a) morning beej (first time in AGES), then she went and set up my son’s water polo team’s parents breakfast.  Met her there, she was a champ, then made it home, and 55 mins before first pitch I threw out “what do think about going to the Dodger game?”  My son had to go to work and my daughter was like “f that” so she said “”let’s do it!”  Bought those seats for $60 each (those would’ve been $150 a day earlier but panic set in).  Rallied and it was the best day the two of us have had in ages.  We needed that.  Candidly we’ve been a little rocky lately.  Leave it to the Dodgers to bring us closer.  Love that team so very much.

Beej and baseball…. God bless America! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ERhine said:

Nice crowd?

Seemed like 45k.  Which was surprising, as the Mets (and Cubs) are always a HUGE draw at Dodger Stadium.  All the transplants come out in droves. I’d have expected 50k+. But it has been so hot.  A 1 pm game looked like it would be blistering, but he overcast made it bearable.   And there is no place on earth as nice as Dodger Stadium on a nice day game.

Seemed like 45k.  Which was surprising, as the Mets (and Cubs) are always a HUGE draw at Dodger Stadium.  All the transplants come out in droves. I’d have expected 50k+. But it has been so hot.  A 1 pm game looked like it would be blistering, but he overcast made it bearable.   And there is no place on earth as nice as Dodger Stadium on a nice day game.

I agree that it’s kind of cool walking up to Dodger Stadium hearing the great Vin Scully yapping. But other than that the place is in serious need of a paint job!

18 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Wife and I decided an hour before the game to head to Chavez. Nice overcast day. 2-0.
ddc84f01c9f511669d5286817d5fe14e.jpg

Man I hope MLB pulls the plug on these contrived, hideous alt uni gimmicks. They’ve all been embarrassingly terrible. 

And yeah, get off my lawn and all that. 

That said, congrats on the fellatio. 

13 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Man I hope MLB pulls the plug on these contrived, hideous alt uni gimmicks. They’ve all been embarrassingly terrible. 

And yeah, get off my lawn and all that. 

That said, congrats on the fellatio. 

I HATE those uni’s.  Especially because the Dodger whites are the best uni’s in baseball.   You could disagree, but you would be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, DallasGatr said:

I agree that it’s kind of cool walking up to Dodger Stadium hearing the great Vin Scully yapping. But other than that the place is in serious need of a paint job!

They have invested hundreds of millions into that place over the last 10 years.  Best stadium in baseball.  Go there and say I’m wrong.  Blue heaven on earth.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, ERhine said:

Nice crowd?

Late arriving. 

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

LolPhillies...

I take it they lost?  Turned it off after Nola lost the no-hitter, thought it was cool his parents were in the stands watching and he went against his brother who plays for SD. 

26 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

By the way, Trea Turner was a through in with the Scherzer trade.  He is leading the NL in batting average and may be a better pickup than Scherzer.  He is our hedge against Seager leaving.

What do you mean by throw in?  People knew Turner was good.