2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

I can’t believe I listened to rangers fans tell me Joey Gallo was good. Jesus Christ he’s a beating to watch. At least he didn’t strike out there.

He is good.   He’s super streaky though and you traded for him as he was coming out of a month long hot streak.   

has one of the best arms in baseball.

anyone else here beyond tired of the fact that helo won't spend any time actually following or learning about this sport or it's players, only to dedicate lots and lots of time to bitching in the mlb thread about how hard it is to be a yankees fan? is there not a yankees thread where you can yell at clouds about how little you know about baseball? 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That’s I believe the 68th blown save by the Yankees in the past 3 games or something. I knew it was over the second I saw a Yankee pitcher on the mound with a lead in the ninth. Motherfuck. And I’m fully on board the Gallo hate train. Dude is utterly useless, walk in the 9th be damned.
The MLB needs more games like this, every year. I personally hated that game but I can see how a regular fan would like it. A sandlot inspired game in some downtown area would be awesome. 
Gallo is indeed frustrating at fuck. And hard to believe but he's actually more disciplined at the plate than he used to be.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

The fucking Giants, man.  We’re 70-46, second best record in baseball, and FIVE full games back of first. Don’t know how we’ll catch them.  They just hardly ever lose.

It’s going to be tough. The Giants have a slightly tougher schedule ROS but y’all only play them 3 more times. it’s 8-8 right now so a series win there is a must for tiebreaker reasons. The Dodgers might have the best roster on paper but reality doesn’t justify the them being  the WS favorites. 

Edited by TonyTexas

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s going to be tough. The Giants have a slightly tougher schedule ROS but y’all only play them 3 more times. it’s 8-8 right now so a series win there is a must for tiebreaker reasons. The Dodgers might have the best roster on paper but reality doesn’t justify the them being  the WS favorites. 

Not with everyone we have on the shelf.  But if we get everyone back- Betts, Turner, Kershaw- we should be favorites.  Bauer has certainly pitched his last game as a Dodger, but a rotation of Buehler, Scherzer, Kershaw, Urias in the playoffs, coupled with a healthy starting lineup, and I think it does.  Jansen could be the weak link that kills us.

56 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

we should be favorites.

I just don’t think a probable wild card team should be the favorites simply because any 1 game series is such a crapshoot. And you conceded that a wild card spot for the Dodgers is likely. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TonyTexas said:

I just don’t think a probable wild card team should be the favorites simply because any 1 game series is a crapshoot. And you admitted that a wild card spot is likely. 

OK, I’ll agree there.  Especially when that one game is likely against San Diego, who can mash on any given day.  One game wild cards are hairy.

For the past decade plus, the Giants continue to do more with less while the Dodgers continue to do less with more. You can spend all the money you want, but you can’t buy clubhouse chemistry, and that’s what the Giants have in spades, that and a better front office especially with the addition of Zaidi three years ago.