2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Gallo showed up tonight, I’ll give him that. That 10th inning bomb was something else.

Wait he's still on the squad? That was really a bold strategy of you guys to not ship the MLB walks leader to AAA after 8 games. Guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, slorch said:

You meant strikeouts leader, right?

Edit: Actually he is leading the majors in both right now.

But... anyone can lead in SOs. Leading in BBs means pitchers don't fuck with you. 

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Edit: Actually he is leading the majors in both right now.

But... anyone can lead in SOs. Leading in BBs means pitchers don't fuck with you. 

There was no reason to pitch to him on the Rangers. Now he’s the weak link in the Yankee lineup so he’s getting exposed. 2 of his hits as a Yankee have been bunts against the shift. That’s basically the ultimate sign of surrender from a slugger.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

There was no reason to pitch to him on the Rangers. Now he’s the weak link in the Yankee lineup so he’s getting exposed. 2 of his hits as a Yankee have been bunts against the shift. That’s basically the ultimate sign of surrender from a slugger.

lol, you're mad at him when he strikes out, and you're mad at him when he takes advantage of the shift for base hits. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

I don't know how else to advance this discussion other than to tell you that if you think Joey fucking Gallo is a borderline starter for an uninspiring Yankees team you're one or the stupidest motherfuckers ever. 

And I know dick about baseball compared to most people here. But apparently clearing your wisdom is a low bar. 

I mean seriously. Dude leads MLB in walks and he's the "weak link" in your lineup? Maybe your fucking lineup is the issue, dumbass. I really try with you as I do everyone on this site. I'm extremely quick to forget and forgive. But good God you are something special. 

Edited by ztejas

I was about to say. The Mets are trying to position pitch to get out of the 9th down 10 already. On ESPN. This is amazing. They're going to their 2nd non pitcher and I think there are 2 in SP (oh sorry it's actually bases juiced).

Edited by ztejas

56 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

4-5, 3 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI for Tatis playing RF. 

Easy fucking game. 

Saw that flash and thought about your comment about whatshisname playing SS because Tatis was hurt.

Outside of catcher and pitcher Tatis is an all star at every position most likely, correct?

Trout’s original diagnosis was a calf strain, out 6-8 weeks. It’s now been 13 weeks & he hasn’t even started baseball workouts yet. Wonder if he’s got something way more serious. Then again he definitely seems like the type milk DL time for all he can. If my alternative was going back to play for the angels I might do the same. 

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Trout’s original diagnosis was a calf strain, out 6-8 weeks. It’s now been 13 weeks & he hasn’t even started baseball workouts yet. Wonder if he’s got something way more serious. Then again he definitely seems like the type milk DL time for all he can. If my alternative was going back to play for the angels I might do the same. 

How can your takes continue to get even worse?  Is your entire Surly persona an Andy Kaufman bit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't follow the Giants very closely but seems like they never lose, especially since the All Star break.  And at 35 games over .500 I guess they haven't lost much, period. this season.

What makes them so good?  Lightning in a bottle for one season?   Sustained, more likely, over seasons to come?   

I follow the Giants very closely and I could write 20,000 words on how this season is happening. But you don't want to read it. 

So long story short, (1) great front office moves to get solid guys who fit into the system. (2) great approach at the plate, team wide. (3) veterans having huge bouncebacks (Crawford, Posey). (4) Limiting mistakes. 

As someone who experienced and never totally got over the 1993 season, I am still waiting for the Dodgers to go 35-5 down the stretch and take the West, but if SF clinches the division I am gonna drink Ft Worth out of beer that night. 

They're not doing it with a lot of young stars so can't say it's sustainable, but this long into the season it's definitely not a fluke. I like what the front office is doing so hopefully they can continue to compete with the pre-ordained champs in 22 and beyond. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

holy shit chris bassitt.

🤮🤮🤮. that sounded like he fractured his skull. man i hope he is ok. glad to hear that he's awake and aware, but i always still worry about injuries like that. they don't always reach critical mass right away. i'll be glad to hear when a doctor clears him. 

19 hours ago, TornACL said:

I follow the Giants very closely and I could write 20,000 words on how this season is happening. But you don't want to read it. 

So long story short, (1) great front office moves to get solid guys who fit into the system. (2) great approach at the plate, team wide. (3) veterans having huge bouncebacks (Crawford, Posey). (4) Limiting mistakes. 

As someone who experienced and never totally got over the 1993 season, I am still waiting for the Dodgers to go 35-5 down the stretch and take the West, but if SF clinches the division I am gonna drink Ft Worth out of beer that night. 

They're not doing it with a lot of young stars so can't say it's sustainable, but this long into the season it's definitely not a fluke. I like what the front office is doing so hopefully they can continue to compete with the pre-ordained champs in 22 and beyond. 

It's been remarkable.  But getting near career years from everyone up and down the lineup does seem flukey.  And we've had injuries up and down ours.  But yeah, we've been on a tear, and picked up exactly zero games on those fuckers.