2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

Scherzer might be the pitcher nobody else wants their team to face right now.  Ho-lee shite.

5-0 in his last six starts, and his no-decision was a Dodgers win against Philly 5-0.

Edited by slorch

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Dodgers sweep the Padres, and pick up 0 games on the fucking Giants.  Fucking A.

This pennant race is shaping up to be so epic. I think combined both teams have lost only 9 games in August. 

It's a shame there are only 3 head to head games left on the schedule. 

This pennant race is shaping up to be so epic. I think combined both teams have lost only 9 games in August. 
It's a shame there are only 3 head to head games left on the schedule. 

Padres have 10 against the Giants. Now would be a good time for them to get off the mat.

48 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Ha no was talking about the Red Sox in the 1970s.  They had one year 😉

Yeah, but that one game tie breaker was epic.  Me and some buddies crammed into our school janitor's little office and watched the last couple innings on his little shitty black & white tv.  The best of times.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s crazy that the Dodgers and the Reds never played each other for the pennant. They, along with the Pirates, dominated the NL in the 70’s. 

Stop it, you're gonna make me cry.  IIRC, Pirates were 1 out away from B2B WS trips until Bench's game-tying homer in bottom 9th in '72 NLCS before Reds eventually winning it on a WP.  

Edited by Underdog

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, but that one game tie breaker was epic.  Me and some buddies crammed into our school janitor's little office and watched the last couple innings on his little shitty black & white tv.  The best of times.

The funny thing about being old on the internet is how often you're surprised by people you assumed were young but remember shit from your own childhood.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, miguelito said:

Cubs were up 6-0 after the top of the first.

Now down 10-6 in the bottom of the 5th.

2 hours ago, miguelito said:

13-6 still B5.

17-13 final.  The Sox punched it in rather than settling for the fg and overtime.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:25 AM, Helobious said:

He’s been on fire. Easy to forget how good he can be after watching him struggle his entire time in pinstripes.

It's a matter of availability with Stanton.  His ability isn't really in doubt.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

who am i?

starting pitcher since May 11th:

13 GS, 7-0 W/L (12-1 team W/L), 73.1 IP, 52 H, 15 BB, 78 K, 12 ER, 1.47 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, .198 opp BA, .527 opp OPS

Logan Webb?  he was no-decisioned in 4 games in July while allowing... 4 fucking runs.  LOL.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Logan Webb?  he was no-decisioned in 4 games in July while allowing... 4 fucking runs.  LOL.

I've been rooting for him all year because 1) we share a birthday and 2) he's the kind of pitcher I love -- not great velocity, but everything moves.  His changeup dives later than about anything I've ever seen.  The bad news is that he kind of reminds me of Trevor Williams (before he lost velocity).

And even when his stuff is not great, things seem to work out:

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Pitcher for the Orioles that just got jacked for a grand slam… last five outings against Tampa Bay, 1.1 IP, 11 BB and 15 ER.

Why on earth would you keep sending him out there?

Because the Orioles have zero (actually less) incentive to try to win games, so they aren't.

Moose out front should have told you.