2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

19 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Tempers due to yankees stealing signs and whistling from the dugout to alert hitters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's impossible.  That ended years ago... and the Yankees weren't even involved.

lulz this was inevitable. The silliest thing about how so many around baseball want to act like the Astros were so evil because they stole signs and communicated to the batter like they invented that aspect of baseball is other teams having to pretend like they didn't and still don't do the same thing whenever possible.

I mean the Mets are dumb shits for acting like it's some sort of affront to them but still funny to see the Yankees pretend like they weren't doing it then have a .227 hitter shove it down their throats.

The whistling was from Wendy peralta, who always fucking whistles before he heads to the bullpen in the 3rd or 4th inning. Hence why no usual opponent of the Yankees brought it up. He’s one of just a handful of Yankees that actually tries & brings energy to the game. It wasn’t sign stealing, the Mets are just dumbasses. No surprise all the Astros fans are buying their side of the story without any critical thought. 

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The whistling was from Wendy peralta, who always fucking whistles before he heads to the bullpen in the 3rd or 4th inning. Hence why no usual opponent of the Yankees brought it up. He’s one of just a handful of Yankees that actually tries & brings energy to the game. It wasn’t sign stealing, the Mets are just dumbasses. No surprise all the Astros fans are buying their side of the story without any critical thought. 

Kind of like your jackass fanbase buying a buzzer theory?

• Like 2

Ha, whistling to signal that the pitcher tipped a certain pitch is obviously totally different. Wait, no it's not. I mean the catcher is tipping the pitch by giving a sign, it's the same thing.

As I said, the Mets are being dumb. If your pitcher is tipping pitches then he deserves to have it communicated to the batter. Stop whining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

The whistling was from Wendy peralta, who always fucking whistles before he heads to the bullpen in the 3rd or 4th inning.

So it was just Wendy whistling while he works

D4671019-8A4E-4FDC-8C4F-553B546D211E.gif.9d91b5ef887f9f4d4d40d5fa7daacb5a.gif

Hence why no usual opponent of the Yankees brought it up.

If you recall, no team brought up the Astros sign stealing either. The initial accusations came from a disgruntled ex- employee 

He’s one of just a handful of Yankees that actually tries & brings energy to the game

It’s ok to cheat if you try hard

It wasn’t sign stealing, the Mets are just dumbasses.

As Huckleberry noted, it achieves the same result

No surprise all the Astros fans are buying their side of the story without any critical thought.

Rich coming from a poster that many consider the dumbest on the site. 

Finally, How do the Rays, Red Sox and Blue Jays asses taste?

Edited by TonyTexas

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Yu since May 29th:

3-9, 88.1 IP, 85 H, 23 BB, 60 ER, 6.11 era, 1.23 whip

Padres are 38-44 since June 5th.

Lol I remember arguing with Ranger fans before he ever threw a ML pitch about how great he was.  They insisted he was a future multi Cy Young award winner.  Turns out I was right in that he's been the same as every other Japanese pitcher.

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

Lol I remember arguing with Ranger fans before he ever threw a ML pitch about how great he was.  They insisted he was a future multi Cy Young award winner.  Turns out I was right in that he's been the same as every other Japanese pitcher.

Hideo Nomo? Hiroki Kuroda? Masahiro Tanaka? Shohei Ohtani? None of them sucked. 

7 hours ago, txhorns said:

Yu doesn't suck. He's finished 2nd in CY twice and was a three time all star in Texas. This is his 10th MLB season and maybe he's finally falling off. Definitely on the upper end of Japanese pitchers. Had he stayed a bit healthier he would have some really nice career numbers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Won’t see many comments from Astros fans on this documentary. And it won’t be because they all only became fans in 2017. as Helobious often claims. 
This week I learned that Helobius was in fucking elementary school when 9/11 happened, which helps explain his idiotic views about Astros fans.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Sounds like whistling which stops at the pitch to me:

This is very stupid. First of all this whole thing stems from Saturday’s game, not Sunday’s. Walker was tipping his pitches and the Mets allege the Yankees whistled to signal it. Stanton’s homer here took place Sunday night, and it was the inning after Lindor did his whistling gesture to the Yankee dugout on his 2nd home run trot, which is what ignited the tensions. That’s why Stanton was jawing at Lindor as stanton rounded 2nd. After Lindor did the whistling gesture a few different Yankees in the dugout really started whistling a bunch to fuck with the Mets. 

7 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

30 for 30 ‘Once Upon a Time in Queens’ about the ‘86 Mets on ESPN tonight from 7-9. 

Is the Hernandez hate for Carter just a bit?  If Hernandez hated you, was that more of an endorsement? I mean, I know who the fuck I liked more as a fan during those days and it wasn't the puto at 1st base.

The story of Carter telling Dykstra, ever so gently, to chill out at the hotel was pretty good. Wonder if Dykstra and Bonaduce ever partied together just to fuck with people...

24 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s a full 1.1 total WAR behind Ohtani. 

holy shit! welp, that settles it then. 🙄 Vladdy may very well win the triple crown, and he's led his team to a 13-1 record in September and currently has them in the playoffs. meanwhile Ohtani's team won't finish over .500 and will miss out on the playoffs. don't act like this MVP race, which is probably the closest race in 80 years since Joe DiMaggio vs Ted Williams, isn't a complete toss up at this point "because war".

btw, DiMaggio won MVP in 1941 despite being 1.0 behind Williams in war (zomg no way), and despite Williams batting .406 with a 1.287 OPS. with margins this fine, leading your team to wins/postseason play matters.

Edited by shadow_operative