2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

All these twats (Buster Olney) fainting in disbelief at the thumbs down gesture by Javier Baez, Kevin Pillar, and Francisco Lindor are insufferable "I'd like to speak to the manager" types. And Sandy Alderson is the Operations Manager writing the ass-kissing email with an offer of a free gift card.

Get over yourselves, it's not that big of a deal for players to criticize fans booing the home team.

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

All these twats (Buster Olney) fainting in disbelief at the thumbs down gesture by Javier Baez, Kevin Pillar, and Francisco Lindor are insufferable "I'd like to speak to the manager" types. And Sandy Alderson is the Operations Manager writing the ass-kissing email with an offer of a free gift card.

Get over yourselves, it's not that big of a deal for players to criticize fans booing the home team.

Sure, this is a well-reasoned plan:

"When we don't get success, we're going to get booed," Báez explained afterward. "So they [the fans] are going to get booed when we get success."

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

dude seriously; stop posting a million fucking inane yankee opinions in this thread. there's a specific thread for that. absolutely nobody in this threads wants to hear you constantly fucking bitching about the goddamn yankees. 

The last few posts before mine were about the Yankee game going on, I added on. It wasn’t out of the blue. 

I do apologize though. I can’t imagine what it’s like to read a thread where all someone is doing is bitching about something over and over and over. Didn’t mean to subject you to that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

It's not that people are "fainting in disbelief"... it's that most of us who have been around long enough to know NYC fans know how fucking stupid this is and how this will end. 

It's a 100% bitch move. It's not that it's offensive or uncivilized or whatever. All these little snowflakes are about to get eaten alive by Met fans.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I'm not saying it's a thoughtful take on his part to admit that publicly, but it's not that offensive either.

Baez is an idiot and I thought he’d be way more savvy than this. It’s going to end very poorly for him. How most normal non-snowflake athletes handle booing:

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

and he'll be gone at the end of the season, so what does he care? there no love lost here, on either side.

Except he's really not good enough to be doing shit like that.  It will be brought up and used against him with every team he talks to this offseason.

I don't watch many Red Sox games, but have caught a few innings tonight. Have had the thought about 5 times now "man they suck ass at fielding and do a bunch of stupid shit"

Went to the stats and see they are 3rd in errors and next to last in fielding %....not shocked

If they manage to stay in the playoffs this is gonna bite them in the ass

Just now, Helobious said:

I know if I respond to Yankees content on here it deeply offends @shadow_operative but I’ll just say it won’t matter. Yankees are in free fall mode. 

Last I checked they play in the MLB. This has been the best game on the past couple nights and a great one tonight. Chin up Francis. 

I feel for Gallo. He'll get it together. If not you're welcome to ship him back to us. 

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Sorry, it's more amazing that Phil Gosselin stole 2nd on the play.  

Actually, it's more amazing that Phil Gosselin is on a major league roster.

My MLB knowledge is quickly exhausted so I'll take your word for it. Past big names/teams and the Rangers and I might as well be someone's girlfriend.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

And at what point does everyone on this thread who called me an idiot for saying Gallo sucks start eating crow? His stats as a Yankee are unreal.

I feel like you get really hyperbolic then come back around weeks later and pretend that your take on the matter was reasonable and wound up being correct. Or maybe you just misremember your own posts. Gallo has not been great for you - and I don't see anyone debating that- but you were wanting to ship him to AAA after 8 games as a Yankee.  He's a very good baseball player - cut him some slack. If he's a WS hero for you come October you will be doing nothing but gloating about it. 

And personally - when it comes to my sports Axis of hate the Yankees aren't that high up the list (for whatever reason) and I'd like to see Joey do well. Just trying to keep it real here. 

My God the Angels pen is fucking trash. Can't imagine being a fan of theirs and I have a very good buddy who is one. 2 MVPs on the roster and you can't get one of them on the field and despite the other's best efforts you aren't close to being a playoff team. 

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

And at what point does everyone on this thread who called me an idiot for saying Gallo sucks start eating crow? His stats as a Yankee are unreal.

I can't right now.  I'm way too busy counting up how many saves Chapman has since you proclaimed that he'd never have another save in his career.  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I can't right now.  I'm way too busy counting up how many saves Chapman has since you proclaimed that he'd never have another save in his career.  

Well he might not anyway by virtue of the Yankees never winning again. Bet the house on the sweep tomorrow. The winning streak took to much out of us, team is dead right now. We’ll lose 2 out of 3 to Baltimore, 3 out of 4 to Toronto, start heating up around mid-September for the playoff push. Qualify as the 2nd wild card. Anything is possible after that. Bookmark this shit.