2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Well he might not anyway by virtue of the Yankees never winning again. Bet the house on the sweep tomorrow. The winning streak took to much out of us, team is dead right now. We’ll lose 2 out of 3 to Baltimore, 3 out of 4 to Toronto, start heating up around mid-September for the playoff push. Qualify as the 2nd wild card. Anything is possible after that. Bookmark this shit.

Your team just came off a 21-8 month which included a 13 game winning streak. That’s amazing for what is, statistically, a very mediocre team. But keep whining. 

More fun for the Mets. 

New York Mets acting general manager Zack Scott will not join the team for its upcoming road trip after he was arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated, the team announced Wednesday.

Scott was arrested at around 4:15 a.m. Tuesday in suburban White Plains, New York. Police found him asleep at the wheel of his SUV at a traffic light and determined he was intoxicated, White Plains police Capt. James Spencer said. He said Scott refused a breathalyzer test.

The 44-year-old was booked and released and is due in court Thursday morning.

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

The Braves continue their tradition of fucking the Giants at every possible opportunity. 

Order has been restored to the universe.  Dodgers take over 1st for the first time since April.  And best record in baseball. Scherzer 6IP, 0 runs.  Huge series this weekend

Edited by Sbbruin

45 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I am in a glass case of emotions right now. 

I feel like these two teams are going to run reach other too hot all the way to October, and then the Brewers will get to the WS.

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOO

Amazing. 

it's too bad that Adalberto Mondesi can't stay healthy. the 2020 SB leader/best offensive player in baseball during the second half of 2020 has only been able to play in 13 games this season, totally sporadically, and here's what he's done:

17/49 (.347), 5 doubles, 5 HR, 12 RBI, 10 R, 5 SB. extrapolate that for a season in which he plays 130 games and that's 50 doubles, 50 HR, 120 RBI, 100 R, and 50 SB. now i'm not saying that he would do that if he could simply stay healthy, because he wouldn't. i am however saying that he has the talent to be a top 5-ish offensive player in baseball, if only he could stay healthy, and i'd love to see what he could do with 500 healthy ABs.

to make this even more ridiculous, heres Mondesi over the final 22 games last season:

32 hits, 6 doubles, 6 HR, 2 triples, 19 RBI, 16 SB, .376 BA, .424 OBP, .706 SLG, 1.130 OPS

so, in his last 25 games across 2020 and 2021, Mondesi is 49/134 for a .366 BA, with 11 doubles, 11 HR, 31 RBI, 32 R, and 21 SB

extrapolating this to a season where he plays 150 games, this comes out to an absurd 192 hits, 66 doubles, 66 HR, 186 RBI, 192 R, and 126 SB. in one season.

again, while he's never ever ever going to do that, it shows how much talent the guy has. man i wish he could just stay healthy.

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

I didn't realize he had 17 yacks. He's still a pretty good DH - or has been for the Dodgers at least. 

HIs OPS+ for the Dodgers this year is 112.  First time it has been in triple digits since 2016.

Maybe he just needed to get back to the NL to be merely JAG instead of terrible.

5 hours ago, huge said:

HIs OPS+ for the Dodgers this year is 112.  First time it has been in triple digits since 2016.

Maybe he just needed to get back to the NL to be merely JAG instead of terrible.

He's getting fewer PAs against righties, who he can't hit at all, and more against lefties, who he has always hit well.  

The Angels just didn't realize that he was a perfect $25M platoon part at 1B.

image.thumb.png.fd71ff5a7e133f0209f02725c10d12ab.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Broadcast said it’s the first time since 1908 that has happened. What historical thing have the Astros done lately? That’s what I thought. 

You can't even get that right...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32180111/toronto-blue-jays-deny-new-york-yankees-lead-four-game-series-first-1924