2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

Fuck yeah muthafuckas.
Add in Seager, Betts getting healthy, Kershaw getting healthy, and hell, maybe Belly pulls his head out of his ass and we are the team to beat.

Well, since Bauer is, um… “on leave,” I guess they had to hit the panic button.

Looks like they want to win a ring that counts this time, eh?

29 minutes ago, dbecks said:

“Exactly one game in a 562 game career.”

And if you really want to see some shit, check out that one ‘game’. He was there for 3 pitches, they moved Rizzo to LF to try to throw out the winning run which wound up scoring on a WP anyway. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/MIL/MIL201704070.shtml

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

That Rizzo trade look fucking terrible for the Cubs.  Hard to believe that Boston didn't offer something better.

Two players both ranked in the top 12 of NYY's prospects by MLB?  That's not a bad return for an impending FA with a balky back who's lost bat speed.  And if Riz happens to return to Chicago next season (admittedly doubtful), it's an even better return for a short-term rental. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Two players both ranked in the top 12 of NYY's prospects by MLB?  That's not a bad return for an impending FA with a balky back who's lost bat speed.  And if Riz happens to return to Chicago next season (admittedly doubtful), it's an even better return for a short-term rental. 

Alcantara is a future 4th outfielder at best. Vizcaino is a 24 year old in A ball. No one in yankeeland is missing them.

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Alcantara is a future 4th outfielder at best. Vizcaino is a 24 year old in A ball. No one in yankeeland is missing them.

From what I've read, Alcantara has a bit better ceiling than 4th outfielder.  It appears the Cubs are taking a flyer that Vizcaino's late development continues and he sustains a fastball that can get in the upper 90s.  In any event, it's not a terrible return under the circumstances for Rizzo (who, BTW, could do pretty well with the short porch in right in the Bronx on a short term rental).  Not saying the Yanks got hosed -- just that the return for Rizzo wasn't all that bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He's 19, he's never played outside of complex ball, and he's a 6'6" outfielder (and did I mention he's 19?).  

I don't think anyone knows WTF he is.

My nightly reading is the pinstripe alley minor league recap where they post the box score of every Yankee affiliate. He’s off to a hot start now but I just don’t sense him being a future star, I remember his struggles in his pro debut. I know my predictions have had a rough go of late but I feel confident on this one.

4th outfielder may be hyperbole, he may go on to be a decent contributor in the bigs, but the point is the Cubs probably could’ve gotten more for Rizzo.

Edit: Nevermind. JFC at the Baez news. They trading errybody, prospects be damned. 

Edited by Helobious