Bourbon

Jimbaround

49 minutes ago, mbpcb said:

Well it says PVW and Antique Collection. So that’s an erroneous picture

I called the WB on WC.  They told me that you have to drop off your entry between 1-5, and then they will draw in sequence starting with W12 and ending with the PVW between 6-8. Must be present to win. I am assuming that I will be able to bring my own set up and grab a bottle off the shelve while I wait. 

26 minutes ago, huge said:

Anyone go to the Costco raffle shit show?

no. wife left me with the kids. probably for the best of all involved.  although i did consider dragging them down to the liquor store for a bourbon drawing for a minute. then figured that could be used against me in divorce court. 

• Like 2

Yup, I hit 2. Got a Weller 12 1.75l at the first and an Elmer t Lee at Pearland. Not too shabby, but fuck the Costco on Richmond. They had the dumbest way of doing it. They called Weller 12 first, about 24 of them, then antique, then some more crap with a pappy mixed in every now and then. Total bullshit cause people picked early for w12 were out. They even raffled colonel es Taylor small batch, as if that's hard to find....

11 hours ago, huge said:

The Bunker Hill one was a joke, horribly run. Waited until the room was a crowded mess and then passed around notepads asking people to sign up. One Costco employee told people to write down name and email address. Another told people to write down name and phone number. After collecting all of them (and who knows how many duplicates) they announced they would not put your entry in the box if you didn't include your email address. After outcry from half of the crowd they called out names of everyone that didn't have email address to get those written in. Who knows if they actually got put in the box.

For the drawing, I saw a husband and wife pulled a Stagg and a Handy. There was also a mom and son who each pulled a bottle. Then there was a group of 7 people where 6 of them got a bottle. I'm guessing they didn't shuffle the entries at all.

10 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
16 hours ago, huge said:

Yup, I hit 2. Got a Weller 12 1.75l at the first and an Elmer t Lee at Pearland. Not too shabby, but fuck the Costco on Richmond. They had the dumbest way of doing it. They called Weller 12 first, about 24 of them, then antique, then some more crap with a pappy mixed in every now and then. Total bullshit cause people picked early for w12 were out. They even raffled colonel es Taylor small batch, as if that's hard to find....

Sort of the same sort of in South Austin, but if you got picked for the W12, you could say no thank you and they would put your name back in the box. Happened to me, and I got lucky and got picked a second time for a '17 GTS.  Liked it better when if you were picked, you got your choice of the remaining bottles.

Yeah, they told me I couldn't put it back in the drawing instead. They had about 250 people there, and drew about 50 bottles, but a lot of them, probably 35, were weller 12 and antique. 

At the Pearland one, they had the bottle draft style. The first person drawn was a distributor that was working there doing Tequila samples during the drawing. Kind of sketchy, but he got the Pappy 23 :(    

Yeah, they told me I couldn't put it back in the drawing instead. They had about 250 people there, and drew about 50 bottles, but a lot of them, probably 35, were weller 12 and antique. 
At the Pearland one, they had the bottle draft style. The first person drawn was a distributor that was working there doing Tequila samples during the drawing. Kind of sketchy, but he got the Pappy 23     

Heard he stuffed the ballot box and entered around a dozen times. At least according to the rumors on the Facebook.