Bourbon

Jimbaround

I didn’t want to use a shaker, so my Bourbon Smash is kind of bourbon mojito. 

- Chilled highball Glass. 

- Mint sprigs

- Lemon wedge 

- Bourbon 

- Sumple syrup

Add mint, lemon, and a small amount of suimple syrup into a chilled glass. 

Muddle. 

Add 2.5 ounces of bourbon. 

Stir. 

Add large single ice cube. 

It’s  really good.

GOAT Derby Party in Houston. The Houstonian House on 4th in the Heights. I think it was 2015? $50 for all you can drink mint juleps and pop up restaurants all over the place. It was a mint julep competition between local bars so they were using the good stuff. 

I don’t think I’ve ever been that drunk in my entire life. 

In their latest podcast, the Bourbon Pursuit guys implored their listeners to not go to the secondary market for Four Roses Small Batch Select. Apparently some bottles sold online for a whooping $200. 
They said it should be a wide release eventually,  and you should only pay $55-$65 a bottle. 
Im not buying the wide release. It’s only available in 5 states, and it’s the first new product from Four Roses in 13 years. Y’all can do the math on that one, it’s going to be rare. 
After asking around town it’s going to be an extremely limited release in Houston. Most stores are only expecting 6 bottles. 
If you can find it online for under $75, I’d pull the trigger and do it fast. 

In my latest post I implore everyone not to go to the secondary market ever for anything.

In their latest podcast, the Bourbon Pursuit guys implored their listeners to not go to the secondary market for Four Roses Small Batch Select. Apparently some bottles sold online for a whooping $200. 
They said it should be a wide release eventually,  and you should only pay $55-$65 a bottle. 
Im not buying the wide release. It’s only available in 5 states, and it’s the first new product from Four Roses in 13 years. Y’all can do the math on that one, it’s going to be rare. 
After asking around town it’s going to be an extremely limited release in Houston. Most stores are only expecting 6 bottles. 
If you can find it online for under $75, I’d pull the trigger and do it fast. 

In my latest post I implore everyone not to go to the secondary maket for anything.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

It’s only available in 5 states, and it’s the first new product from Four Roses in 13 years.

actually they put out an al young edition last year.  they were sampling it at the whiskey social.

Nice, hope the wife gave you a pass on it. Was this in Texas? 

I’m a pretty frugal guy in general and she knows I have a handful of vices in life where I let myself splurge. I made a comment when I decided to buy the bottle that I feel stupid spending this kind of money and without hesitation she said that I was the only one who cared, get out of my head, and let myself enjoy life a little and be thankful that I am at a place in life that I could buy it.

This was in the Midwest at a liquor store grand opening in the neighborhood. Chatted up the owner and he said he hates keeping good stuff in the back but does plan to watch who buys the good stuff to see if he thinks they are flippers and then may change his policy.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:17 PM, TXs said:

Did pick up a McKenna 10 year today for 36.99. Might open it later this week and see if I got a good one. 

Motherfucker. I’m a got dam millennial and I remember buying my first bottle of McKenna for like $23 and think that shit was unbelievable for the price. I think I’m on bottle #3 or 4 now and that first bottle was still by far the best.

Traded a W12 1.75 and OWA 1L to a buddy for his 2018 GTS that’s missing 2oz and also picked up a Stagg Jr Batch 11 for $55. Yesterday BigDHornFan muled an EHT 4G for me. This has been a pleasant 24hrs

And seeing this sitting in my house is just taunting me.

14 minutes ago, thestud said:

He’s a stand up guy so of course I took care of him. Let him have a pour of the goods AND gave him your sisters phone number.

I wish him luck in getting the goods from my non-existent sister.  Should’ve gone with my mom, everyone has a mom.

12 hours ago, mbpcb said:

I’m a pretty frugal guy in general and she knows I have a handful of vices in life where I let myself splurge. I made a comment when I decided to buy the bottle that I feel stupid spending this kind of money and without hesitation she said that I was the only one who cared, get out of my head, and let myself enjoy life a little and be thankful that I am at a place in life that I could buy it.

This was in the Midwest at a liquor store grand opening in the neighborhood. Chatted up the owner and he said he hates keeping good stuff in the back but does plan to watch who buys the good stuff to see if he thinks they are flippers and then may change his policy.

You wife is definitely a keeper...

22 hours ago, thestud said:

If it’s any consolation it was an open bottle but it was probably 70-75% full. Unfortunately secondary prices in the last 10 days have gone from $400 to $550+ so I jumped on this one when I saw it.

Any idea what the 2017 GTS is going for? Had a shot at one in Jan for $450 plus shipping, and passed.

Edited by RaylanGivens

On 5/6/2019 at 2:04 PM, thestud said:

Traded a W12 1.75 and OWA 1L to a buddy for his 2018 GTS that’s missing 2oz and also picked up a Stagg Jr Batch 11 for $55. Yesterday BigDHornFan muled an EHT 4G for me. This has been a pleasant 24hrs

Well Played.