Bourbon

Jimbaround

1 hour ago, BigDHornfan said:

Tulsa has been good to me this week.
b788afa1bfa2f57be22bbc1b7cb58002.jpg
First time I’ve ever seen the FR SB in Barrel Strength
31d549b4a657bcc23360ce7711731a20.jpg

All Four Roses barrel picks are barrel strength.  But the OBSQ I have is probably my favorite bourbon that I own, so hopefully that mash bill and yeast mix treats you right.  

Edited by USCATX

13 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Total Wine posted they had Old Fitzgerald 11 year and Rhetoric 24 but that was 8 hours ago so I’m sure it’s gone. 

I've got a Old Fitz 11 waiting for me at Specs.  Reviews aren't very good for the price.  Oh well, I'm going to buy it anyway.  At least the bottle looks cool.

What kind of shelf life does bourbon have? I was cleaning out some old bottles from my parent's house that had to be 30 years old or older (nothing good). They were cloudy with sediment on the bottom. They didn't smell bad but we poured them out.

3 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

I've got a Old Fitz 11 waiting for me at Specs.  Reviews aren't very good for the price.  Oh well, I'm going to buy it anyway.  At least the bottle looks cool.

Yeah, true. But I would still like to try. 

Oh, if anyone is looking for Rebel Yell 10, Debs on 183 North has a couple bottles. They also have some JJB single barrel, and OWA

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, That Guy said:

The ry10 was 70 and the owa was 60 for the 750. They had Elijah Craig bp for 100, as well. I decided to not buy shit there anymore, but that’s just me. 

Weird. OWA was $40 last week at Deb's.

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

The ry10 was 70 and the owa was 60 for the 750. They had Elijah Craig bp for 100, as well. I decided to not buy shit there anymore, but that’s just me. 

Some is overpriced. At the same time, you’re not going to see those items in most stores anyway. Yeah capitalism. 

36 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

Son got me an early father's day present -  bottle of 4 grain found in the wild in DFW!  

I dont believe you gif

unless he paid over $200

Edited by huge
yo momma

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Will he go pick me one up? I will pay him 

Son said they had gotten one and only one bottle,  and that he's not actually sure why the owner let him buy it,  other than he said he was looking for father's day Blanton's and they didn't have any,  so they offered him this.  I had said the same -  "go buy as many as they have".  

Northwest Hills Liquor on Far West has Blood Oath (assume it's Pact #4, but not 100% sure) for $90.  Manager said he's trying to open up some shelf space and wants to sell last 3 he has.  Offered it to me for $80, but since I grabbed his last bottle of RY10, I passed.  My wife is seriously questioning my bourbon purchases at this point.  It's becoming an almost daily question of "So, what did you buy today?" when I get home.

I was distracted by the RY10, and now I am second-guessing his price offer on the BO.  He may have even offered for $70.  Just FYI in case that price sways anyone here who is on the fence.

24 minutes ago, Horn21 said:

Northwest Hills Liquor on Far West has Blood Oath (assume it's Pact #4, but not 100% sure) for $90.  Manager said he's trying to open up some shelf space and wants to sell last 3 he has.  Offered it to me for $80, but since I grabbed his last bottle of RY10, I passed.  My wife is seriously questioning my bourbon purchases at this point.  It's becoming an almost daily question of "So, what did you buy today?" when I get home.

I was distracted by the RY10, and now I am second-guessing his price offer on the BO.  He may have even offered for $70.  Just FYI in case that price sways anyone here who is on the fence.

I don't think the Blood Oak Pact 4 is moving. I've seen bottles of it stacked up on the shelves in Houston. I'm thinking this release isn't very good. If so, I was duped, but it should be pretty decent. 

My purchase did spark up a good relationship with my current best bourbon connect. He limits me to one bottle per trip, but he'll sell me whatever he has. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

I had a pretty good haul this week: 

3 bottles of Weller Antique 

2 bottles of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof 

1 bottle of E.H. Taylor Single Barrel

1 bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream 

Regarding the Bourbon Cream, Village Liquor on Wirt Road in Houston has a lot of it for $20 a bottle. 

I'm cracking open a bottle of Thomas Handy in a few hours. It should be a good weekend gentlemen.