Bourbon

Jimbaround

I don’t get out much any more. This bourbon craze and all of the accompanying idiots that camp out at 6am at TW every day have totally killed the hunt for me. But I got a call about an hour ago from a guy that hasn’t called me in months, maybe years, and he has the Old Elk infinity blend with my name on it. Every dog has his day fellas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Finally found it, paid more than I should have, but I haven’t seen it in at least 3 years, and it was my favorite before things lost their fucking mind. Good for nostalgia, will drink it rarely until I find it again.

8332B594-4F32-4408-BCF4-062F978A9465.jpeg

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 3:31 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Has anybody noticed a wide range in quality of EHT Small Batch? The ones from the Spec’s drop in December seem to be much better than I remember. 

Cracked a ‘21 late Dec drop Small Batch from Total Wine and it got rocked by the ‘19 Single Barrel I have open.  Small Batch is still a fantastic easy drinker tho. 

Nvm. Just read the five word review a little up thread.

Disappointing. These bottles were available and I feel like I should’ve gone with these instead for a little bit more. 1cd27ed60aec9215de938d388503adba.jpg
(This is a large thread and I’m just sifting through it. I’m sure these have already been discussed.) 88d4384cfd19f8ad21c85110fcf3c323.jpg
If anybody can recap it would be greatly appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

It has a lot going on for a 90 proofer- For the price, I vast prefer RHF, but it’s nice to have both.

Hancock’s is my favorite…88.9 proofer?  Only bourbons I’ve had under 90 that I liked better were Stitzel-Weller Rebel Yell and a couple 86 proof pre-fire Heaven Hill bottlings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, 'stache said:

Finally found it, paid more than I should have, but I haven’t seen it in at least 3 years, and it was my favorite before things lost their fucking mind. Good for nostalgia, will drink it rarely until I find it again.

8332B594-4F32-4408-BCF4-062F978A9465.jpeg

how much is “more”?  if you wanna venmo me $100 i can go buy you 2 bottles + shipping to you.  it’s at cvs and target here. 3 years is a long time. 

I got this signed VY photo available for trade if anyone is interested. It's a 16x20 photo (not a poster), and has authentication for the signature. It's worth About $125-150 if sold on ebay, but I figured someone here may want to trade a bottle for it. It has plastic covering it for protection right now, but it would look awesome on a wall with a frame around it. Hit me up if you're interested, I'm in NW Houston, but go downtown occasionally. 

20211227_230330.thumb.jpg.d9afdf1c78e0994e54a50c6cfc9a0223.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

I don’t get out much any more. This bourbon craze and all of the accompanying idiots that camp out at 6am at TW every day have totally killed the hunt for me. But I got a call about an hour ago from a guy that hasn’t called me in months, maybe years, and he has the Old Elk infinity blend with my name on it. Every dog has his day fellas.

I absolutely love bourbon but yeah I'm not gonna wait at 6am for the chance to maybe get a bottle nobody wanted two years ago. I'm just gonna drink what I have and maybe venture out to tequila.

• Like 2

I absolutely love bourbon but yeah I'm not gonna wait at 6am for the chance to maybe get a bottle nobody wanted two years ago. I'm just gonna drink what I have and maybe venture out to tequila.

Iberostar Coral Level in Cancun has access to several of the Clase Azul’s as part of their all-inclusive package and it absolutely changed my mind on tequila. I’ve probably drank more tequila in the last 7 months than I did in the previous 15 years. Has greatly helped me to preserve my bourbon stock until these idiots move on to craft gin or reverse osmosis bong water

Azul is super drinkable, but it has a ton of additives in there. If you’re interested in branching out LMK and I can point you in the right direction.

HG - Here in MD you won’t find it anywhere, even at the tater shops, so the price is whatever secondary will yield.

I’m all ears. I keep a bottle of Herradura Ultra Anejo around the house too and I’ve been griped at by tequila turds that it’s not “real tequila”. Whatever that means