2021 NCAA Baseball

WBT

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

We had three wins over Mizzou - all on Saturday. That has to be a record of some weird kind.

We are bi-polar right now. Not great, but nobody should want to draw us in a regional on one of the days we show up.

Yall's schedule get real meaty soon... I guess we'll find out how good gata is. 

34 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

aren't they 0'fer in Omaha... like all time? 

They have 1/3rd as many Omaha wins as we have Championships.

They are no more than an ingrown hair on the ass of College Baseball History.

Not even relevant.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

We had three wins over Mizzou - all on Saturday. That has to be a record of some weird kind.

We are bi-polar right now. Not great, but nobody should want to draw us in a regional on one of the days we show up.

Yep, I've watched Gata this year and they are pure Jekyl and Hyde.

When they're on they are elite and when they're not on they're, well, aggy.

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Fletch, you have been all over this from the word "go" this season.

Tip of my cap to you old boy.

And honestly that was just tying to be optimistic. Never dreamed our approach at the plate would come this far and our pitching and defense would be what they are. Now I was expecting like a 2 seed in the Oxford regional or something preseason but holy shit. We control our own destiny for the first time since.....2011? 2018 iirc, we needed a little luck to lock up the big 12 championship but fuck me dude. We’re in the fuckin drivers seat the way we’re supposed to be. 

And I always found the 2019 season odd for Pierce. An outlier. His teams always get better week to week and are normally hot come the postseason. Everyone likes to point to Kody for the 2018 season, and they’re not wrong. But ummm we still got guys on base for him. I don’t remember Kody pitching. He won me over that season. Shit Beau Ridgeway was supposed to be our all America closer and he just lost the touch. Then out of nowhere the washed up body’s of Parker Joe, Josh Sawyer and Andy McGuire. David Hamilton went from like a .210 hitter to a legit lead off guy. DJ was the perfect stop gap for our horrible catching situation. Duke Ellis improved through out the year. He truly maximized that team 

Now, a couple issues. He sometimes has some odd pitching and lineup decisions. I think we take wayyyy too many pitches and I think he encourages that, which is fine. I just wish we’d hop on some more belt high fastballs and hanging off speed. I appreciate his aggressiveness on the base paths, but we run ourselves out of innings sometimes. His recent obsession with bunting instead of beating up their starter has been questionable. But yeah fuck. Madden and Stevens are a pretty legit Friday-Saturday combo. Even when their off, our bats have come through which we haven’t seen since the golden era of Augie. Let’s host, start Kub or Hansen against the 4 seed, madden in the winners bracket and Stevens to finish em off. Cajun, buddy. Texas baseball as we know it is slowly coming back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

And as far as taking pitches goes, yeah.  

Exept for Petrinsky.

Dude goes up to the plate like the ball murdered his family.

Yeah hence why before Ivan went ape shit at the plate, I wanted DJ at first and Zubia DHing. Love watching DJ hop all over an early count pitch and line it into the gap. Would love to see him pinch hit in a big spot in the post season. He’s earned it and he wouldn’t let us down 

Not to mention how awesome it is that we finally have a guy like DJ on the bench. Same with Stehly, Campbell, Geib, Powell, Porter and Peters on the bench. Shit we lost Austin Todd (again) this year and we didn’t miss a beat. In fact Hodo is kind of better

Edited by Fletch

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

I still get a good laugh/absolutely shocked that Arkansas printed up “OmaHogs” t shirts. Didn’t realize going 10 times and never winning it all earned you that nickname. We’re young this year and have the potential to do some damage in Omaha. Fuckin Pierce may pull this off 

well they were going to win it all in 2018 until Larry ran in front of Darryl and Darryl and right past the foul ball

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

The NCAA needs to get bent.  In June, outdoors, voluntary attendance after every person has had the chance to be vaccinated.  Many of these likely venues have been at 100% capacity for a while.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2021/04/22/ncaa-recommends-50-capacity-baseball-softball-regionals/7336328002/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

The NCAA needs to get bent.  In June, outdoors, voluntary attendance after every person has had the chance to be vaccinated.  Many of these likely venues have been at 100% capacity for a while.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2021/04/22/ncaa-recommends-50-capacity-baseball-softball-regionals/7336328002/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Arkansas took game one, 6-1. 

LSU beat #12 Ole Miss 5-4

I watched quite a bit of the LSU Ole Miss game last night. Ole Miss #1 Starter was a late scratch, and they started some middle reliever that gave them 6 strong innings (2 unearned early in the game). He gave up a lead off double in the 7th, so Ole Miss brought in their closer who gave up 3 runs, including a 2 run homer, in the 7th. I went to bed after the 7th (I was fighting off my second covid shot), so I don't know if he finished the game or if they brought in another guy for the 8th and 9th. 

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I watched quite a bit of the LSU Ole Miss game last night. Ole Miss #1 Starter was a late scratch, and they started some middle reliever that gave them 6 strong innings (2 unearned early in the game). He gave up a lead off double in the 7th, so Ole Miss brought in their closer who gave up 3 runs, including a 2 run homer, in the 7th. I went to bed after the 7th (I was fighting off my second covid shot), so I don't know if he finished the game or if they brought in another guy for the 8th and 9th. 

Bianco burned him... 47 pitches 3 innings. 

• Haha 1

With our rainout, LSU-Ole Miss is on ESPNU.  Miss St-Vandy is on SECN.

Maryland-Iowa is on B1G Network in case you wonder what Iowa's stadium looks like.  Seems pretty nice but I haven't been able to tell how much seating there is.

6 hours ago, msudawg said:

Bianco burned him... 47 pitches 3 innings. 

Srsly,  how does Bianco keep his job.   Rarely makes it to Omaha.

I saw this chant,  Miss St original ?   O - M -A - H - A    (Ole Miss At Home Again)  

Edit:   Corrected

Edited by torre

On 4/19/2021 at 12:24 AM, Cajun said:

And as far as taking pitches goes, yeah.  

Exept for Petrinsky.

Dude goes up to the plate like the ball murdered his family.

The competition we played hasn’t been great the past 2-3 weeks, which has had a lot to do with our average going up.  If it’s still this good after our next 3 series, then I’ll be a believer.   I’m not quite sold right now.  I’d love to be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

The competition we played hasn’t been great the past 2-3 weeks, which has had a lot to do with our average going up.  If it’s still this good after our next 3 series, then I’ll be a believer.   I’m not quite sold right now.  I’d love to be wrong.

Even ignoring results, just watch the plate approach the entire team.  Night and day.  

That said, you are preaching to the choir about not being ready to fire up the parade at this juncture as evidenced by a few posts up --

Image 4-23-21 at 10.06 PM.jpeg

16 hours ago, torre said:

Srsly,  how does Bianco keep his job.   Rarely makes it to Omaha.

I saw this chant,  Miss St original ?   O - M -A - H - A    (Ole Miss At Home Again)  

Edit:   Corrected

Ole Miss?  Five appearances and no titles.

Miss State?  11 appearances and zero titles.

That's cute.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Like 1

I was speaking more to the fact that I pointed out that Arky's starting pitching were less than world beaters.

It wasn't so much that they wouldn't get swept, it was why they wouldn't get swept.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

Didn't realize they have made the national tournament every year since 2007.  That's actually impressive.  Only two trips to Omaha kinda puts a damper on that, but I'll give credit where it's due.  Sounds like they're not gonna make it this year unless they sweep Top 10 Ole Miss and Mississippi State in the next couple weeks.  

Makes our loss to them look even worse.  I wish we'd play them more than one game a season.  We fit in a 2-gamer with Arkansas the last few years.  We used to do it with Rice.  Surely we can find a way to play one game here in March/April and one game there in April/May.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Didn't realize they have made the national tournament every year since 2007.  That's actually impressive.  Only two trips to Omaha kinda puts a damper on that, but I'll give credit where it's due.  Sounds like they're not gonna make it this year unless they sweep Top 10 Ole Miss and Mississippi State in the next couple weeks.  

Makes our loss to them look even worse.  I wish we'd play them more than one game a season.  We fit in a 2-gamer with Arkansas the last few years.  We used to do it with Rice.  Surely we can find a way to play one game here in March/April and one game there in April/May.  

Who gives a shit?  They'll be at home for the tourney, bleating about their mid-week W over us and SECSECSEC! and it will just make them look stupid as ever. 

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

There's a reason his nickname is Regional Rob. 

I would love him as a pitching coach though. 

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

To be fair it’s just another mid week game against a scrub team to Texas, but it’s aggy’s CWS.  As far as aggy is concerned their season is a success.

See 2018. 

aggy beats Texas 6-5 in College Station and they go insane. A few months later Texas beats them in the Austin regional and advances to the College World Series. 

This is nothing new for those weirdos.