Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

14 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Don't listen to podcasts so i've no idea what was said. However, I will note that what one suspects and what one reports often aren't the same. If all credible/official sources insist one thing, it would be irresponsible of any journalist to come out and insist the opposite without having a credible/official source to cite.

Being relatively informal, maybe there's more latitude for podcasts, but I would think they'd still have to choose their words carefully because, unlike some rando on YouTube, their careers and reputations would be on the line.

ok I had to laugh at "careers and reputations".  no one at the statesman gives a shit about that, this much is obvious.  they just need a body to write a story about "something something Texas sports" to hopefully generate clicks.  Whatever they pay them is too much but if you were their boss would you fire them and then have to replace the body?

personally I would just use AI to generate a story from generally available data on the internet and fire them.  they are all shitty people who do shitty work.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Another huge advantage tonight assuming we're healthy. 

The AAS usually knows by now if we are short handed.  They knew the WBB team was going to be shorthanded days before the game.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The AAS usually knows by now if we are short handed.  They knew the WBB team was going to be shorthanded days before the game.

I'm not sure. Schaefer was asked a question about Covid numbers and he simply answered "Texas will have enough to play." 

I don't think AAS knew anything...... Schaefer just gave them an answer that made it sound like Texas would be down a few players. 

Edited by texasstrong12

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm not sure. Schaefer was asked a question about Covid numbers and he simply answered "Texas will have enough to play." 

I don't think AAS knew anything...... Schaefer just gave them an answer that made it sound like Texas would be down a few players. 

Well Brian Davis said he just got into Manhattan and the Texas plane was right behind them.  So we are there. 

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ksu probably testing players every 30 minutes looking for 2 more positives. 

odds of our guys not picking it up and being out for the next game if they do play this one?

No clue but K-State likely has Covid issues now because they played OU on Saturday who was down multiple starters out due to Covid. 

Chris Beard also decided to start league play during the start of Winter/cold-flu-covid season.  

Chris Beard is also making covid-19 tests more scarce.  

This is about on par with the fucking ignorance I've come to expect from Texas Tech Red Raiders.  My little cousin who attends there got Covid in April or May of 2020.  Her and her friends brilliant solution was to ride back to Dripping Springs together, meet up with some other Tech students there who weren't on campus and go on a brewery tour together in one of those shuttle vans.  Everyone ended up with Covid, some of them hospitalized.  It's amazing to me that people pay money to attend institutions that actually de-program your critical thinking skills.  

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's amusing to watch how many Tech fans show up to comment on anything related to Beard. They have truly lost their minds over Beard. You know they weren't bitching about this last year when Texas was down to 7 players against OU. 

It's pretty shit. They're a vocal minority that make us look bad. These kind of people get quickly shouted down/ridiculed on Tech boards but there's no way for us to stop them from making an ass of themselves on social media.

• Like 1