2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 hours ago, elguapo said:

I think the trick with these score cards is that although they are based on run expectancy, they are outcome independent.  It's not like with errors where a pitcher is not penalized for a runner even if that runner later scores on a home run or something.  With "favor" they don't care what happens after the bad call is made by the ump.  So if the bad call results in a walk the hitting team is credited with the same amount of "favor" points irrespective of whether the next guy grounds out to end the inning or if the pitcher gives up a two run homerun even though obviously the hitting team benefited more from the bad call in the latter scenario.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I think it's odd how badly they lowballed Correa in the off-season.  They could have offered him $180-200M or something and while he probably would have turned it down it might have at least been worth considering.  The $125M offer even with the high AAV was jus a non-starter when there was potential for him to land $250-$300M.  I don't think Crane is cheap but I think he is shrewd and doesn't want to pay Carlos Correa $20+ M a year 8-10 years from now when there's a good chance the Astros are not competitive and he instead can cut payroll down to the bone.  

Still though, the Astros can offset the loss of Correa with the right upgrades at SS and CF.  

Josh James is with the team in Cleveland tonight throwing a bullpen session. He says he's working on some mechanical issues with his delivery and is excited to pitch again. It's gonna be really nerve-wracking watching him and Stanek back-to-back. 

24 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Josh James is with the team in Cleveland tonight throwing a bullpen session. He says he's working on some mechanical issues with his delivery and is excited to pitch again. It's gonna be really nerve-wracking watching him and Stanek back-to-back. 

hold my beer and watch this !

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

No joke. Straw has been a plus player for a good portion of this season. Y’all might think about finding a new whipping boy. 

He was slow out of the gate both hitting and pitching but he’s turned things around in the field dramatically and he’s trending towards a .300 wOBA which is plenty good. Could end up being a 3 WAR player if he can keep hitting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Castro is a pretty good bunter 
He was slow out of the gate both hitting and pitching but he’s turned things around in the field dramatically and he’s trending towards a .300 wOBA which is plenty good. Could end up being a 3 WAR player if he can keep hitting. 
Yall both drunk at 7:45. Impressive
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:
12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:
Nah. When’ I’m drunk, I post like you. 

Oh so you're just dumb....i was trying to give you an excuse

Ok. You win. I am about 1/2 drunk and watching with the sound off. But I stand by my statements that Castro is a good bunter and my dumb, drunken posts resemble yours. ( without the anger)

Edited by TonyTexas

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Brantley triples here then beers all around on 3putts dime

I can’t remember who said it- maybe it was Blum- hell maybe it was some asshole on here- but they said that saying so and so is a triple short of a cycle is like saying someone is one chick short of a threesome. Always cracks me up to hear. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 2