2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Question- what’s wrong with Yordqn?  Like what body part?
Brantley- what body part? 
Yuli- what body part?
anyone got an idea on how long. 
Yordan has a sore wrist and may be back today. Brantley has a sore quad and will probably be back for the Toronto series. Yuli is out with a sore middle finger.

Yordan has a sore wrist and may be back today. Brantley has a sore quad and will probably be back for the Toronto series. Yuli is out with a sore middle finger.

Brantley’s injury is the one that concerns me. It went from “he’s just getting a day off to rest” to the IL in like 72 hours. Feel like injuries that progress like that end up being a nagging ordeal.

This is becoming a Crane issue. Either cut bait on the season and trade off the few assets you have, or spend the money and stop employing AAAA players and end of the line relievers.
I'd like to think a healthy Baez would have been a difference-maker.

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:
3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:
Question- what’s wrong with Yordqn?  Like what body part?
Brantley- what body part? 
Yuli- what body part?
anyone got an idea on how long. 

they need to take as much time as possible to heal up. we need them healthy in sept / oct

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

It seems different this year, as if these might be the types of injuries guys usually just played through. I hope that's the case and the team is being hyper cautious about every little thing.

i also feel like they're being hyper cautious 

I guess we will find out what the front office mentality is at the trade deadline but I got a feeling they aren’t gonna be very active. Hope I’m wrong though but click and crane aren’t making me feel like they are gonna spend to contend moving forward. Hopefully I’m just being a angry pussy on its period

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

It seems different this year, as if these might be the types of injuries guys usually just played through. I hope that's the case and the team is being hyper cautious about every little thing.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

i also feel like they're being hyper cautious 

Huh?  They've been hyper cautious since Crane/Luhnow arrived.  Shortly after Springer was first called up he had a quad thing that went from resting for a few days to missing the last 80 games of the season.  I hoped it might change under Click but it doesn't seem like it.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Solomon is considered an actual prospect, right?  Like, not a huge high end prospect, but a guy that might have a career in the bigs and isn't a AAAA or middle relief projection?

I think they see him as a starter but he's another kid that has problems throwing strikes.

Current bullpen arms:

• Garcia (slated to start Tues vs BOS)
  • Garza Jr (19 pitches last night)
  • Raley (probably unavailable)
  • Stanek (unavailable)
  • Scrubb (22 pitches last night)
  • Joe Smith (28 pitches last night)
  • Javier (probably unavailable)
  • Nivaldo Rodriguez
  • Enoli Paredes

Greinke, you're our only hope today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, we are up 7-0 after 3, and a short pitch count for Greinke. He needs to go 9 innings today and pound the strike zone, even if he gives up 6 runs today. 
he should know the deal. He’s a vet and borderline savant. I bet we see a CG or really close to it for him. 

The thing that sucks is this should have been an Astros sweep without a doubt. How good would we feel if we had just won 4 in a row against the best 2 teams in baseball. 
Yeah I woke up pissed about that game last night. Too many games we've given away in the last week.