2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Yeah, count me as liking Raley.  Early on he was straight garbage, but seems like around mid May or so, he found his slider and started pitching some legit stuff.

He's going to be a factor in the winning this team does when it counts.

I know...scary, huh?

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The All Stars reserves will be announced tonight at 8pm. Who makes it?  Yuli, CC, Altuve and Uncle Mike should be locks. Who else is most likely?  I’ve seen Greinke and Pressly mentioned as possibles. 

I was obviously wrong on the announcement time. Yuli got fucked. 

Wouldn't be surprised if woke ass kissing Manfred behind the scenes made sure Yuli was left off, didn't want any chance of lingering bad publicity from Yuli's stupid 2017 racial incident.  Which you know Astros hating sportswriters would bring up.

Actions have consequences.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also it's absolutely hilarious to watch Yankee fans melting down over Aroldis Chapman and Gerrit Cole
We were all told increased spin rate and removal of spider tack had nothing to do with pitching performance. Also chapman is unhittable unless you had a buzzer attached to you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Also it's absolutely hilarious to watch Yankee fans melting down over Aroldis Chapman and Gerrit Cole

I actually like both of them as players... but fuck Yankee fan.

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I'm glad they're off today. They need it, spend a day at home with family/friends, decompress and get ready to beat up on Oakland.

Hopefully get back Maldonado and Yordan before the Oakland series. Chance to put some real daylight between us and them. A 6.5 game lead by Thursday night would real nice.

23 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Hopefully get back Maldonado and Yordan before the Oakland series. Chance to put some real daylight between us and them. A 6.5 game lead by Thursday night would real nice.

We’ll definitely get Yordan back tomorrow as paternity leave is a max of 3 games. Maldonado will be back for at least the last game of the A’s series as bereavement leave is a minimum of 3 games and a max of 7. 

They’ll probably be some new faces in the bullpen soon as Smith, Abreau, James and Pruitt have all been pitching rehab games. Whether that means any improvement is another question. 

Edited by TonyTexas

I almost went to Dell Diamond last night  to watch the Skeeters/Express. I should have because Smith, Pruitt, and Josh James all pitched consecutive innings. None gave up a run. 

Joe Smith 1 IP 0 H 0 R 0 BB 2 K (14 pitches/9 strikes)

Pruitt 1 IP 0 H 0 R 0 BB 0 K (12 pitches/6 strikes)

James 1 IP 1 H 0 R 1 BB 2 K (20 pitches/11 strikes)

For all the talk earlier in the season about Jose Siri and Pedro Leon, the standout Astros power hitter in the minors this season is Skeeters OF Jake Meyers. He's fourth in the PCL  errr AAA West with a 1.014 OPS, 14 HRs 34 RBI in 47 games. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Also pretty excited about Korey Lee, who is hitting .327 with 10 HR between A+ and AA so far this season. K% is at 16% and BB% at 9.5%. For a guy who's projected to be a decent defensive catcher, those offensive numbers are very encouraging. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yeah he's been a fucking revelation this season. His first season of pro ball was very lackluster considering his draft profile and level of competition so his drastic improvement should make Astros fans feel pretty good about his future. 

9 hours ago, WBT said:

So we play for 20 straighr days and then are off on a holiday (observed)?  f manfred

That's digging pretty hard for a slight.

I like it.( your digging)

Edited by slorch

10 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

They’ll probably be some new faces in the bullpen soon as Smith, Abreau, James and Pruitt have all been pitching rehab games. Whether that means any improvement is another question. 

Hmm, some of those old faces don't sound so great.

14 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Jake Meyers stays red hot. RBI triple in the first at RR.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think he has separated himself from the rest of the OFs in Sugar Land, and I've read that he's also the best fielder of the bunch.  He's Rule 5 eligible so they will either need to trade him or add him to the 40 man before the end of the season.  I think he could be better than Straw, but with both Straw and Mccormick performing I'm not sure if there are enough PAs to go around to give Meyers an adequate test drive in Houston this season.  Seems a trade may be more likely.

I wouldn’t expect much. Pedro Baez will be considered our main trade deadline acquisition. There’s several other names that will be coming of the IL as well
The guys coming back off the 60 day IL (James, Pruitt, and possibly Baez) will create some tough 40 man roster decisions for Click and the guys in charge of player development.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk