2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Trading for Verlander and Greinke wasn't enough for ya?

Yea that was great, I feel 2021 is different since we have a new GM and situation and I don't believe he will have the same approach as he did then. Hence the I will believe it when I see it in 2021. This isn 't 2-3 years ago.

20 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Well well well.....

That statement, if true, has a lot of ramifications and insinuations. It was never about the money for Crane. He obviously now realizes this team has a real possibility of bringing home another title and will spend to do so. More subtly, going over the luxury tax line might mean that he is going to make a serious effort to re-sign Correa and/or Verlander, making the Q.O. draft pick penalty less onerous. 

Taylor Rogers from the Twins would be another exciting option. Only makes $6M, has another year of team control, and outside of the Covid season has been very consistent. Not having a reliable lefty likely cost us 2019 because Soto owned us. Raley needs to be upgraded.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

you wanna throw some cash around, maybe start with our ss. 

NO shit.  A deadline deal might give us a 1% greater chance to win a pennant for 1 year.  Correa getting signed long term makes us WS Contenders for another 4 years.  That, all day, over deadline deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

And just think, we're all old enough to remember when CC was surly's Mr. Glass whipping boy.

Get it done Crane. Correa is a superstar.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I've been on team sign Carlos Correa forever since before he came up.  I had us doing a 15 year $400M deal 3 years ago. As 3 years have passed I'm at 12 or 13 for $330 (aka Bryce Harper money).  I was roundly mocked and ridiculed.  If he gets to the open market I bet I'm way closer to reality than all the $175-$250M speculations on the deals.   

20 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Taylor Rogers from the Twins would be another exciting option. Only makes $6M, has another year of team control, and outside of the Covid season has been very consistent. Not having a reliable lefty likely cost us 2019 because Soto owned us. Raley needs to be upgraded.

In addition to owning us, he was also 21 years old. 

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

paul fry is another name popping up who makes nothing, is an effective lefty on a shitty team, and is under team control for a few years.

we went after pressly because of his spin rate.  i can only assume we have people working on a list of guys who can still spin the ball post-substance.  

23 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

NO shit.  A deadline deal might give us a 1% greater chance to win a pennant for 1 year.  Correa getting signed long term makes us WS Contenders for another 4 years.  That, all day, over deadline deal.

why not both..gif

Do we really need anything besides bullpen help? And we might not need a lot of that if some the IL guys work out.   I know many here hate Straw and would like a new centerfielder but his numbers for the last 2 months have been really good. .316/.393/.398. It seems like we have an abundance of starting pitching. 

Edited by TonyTexas

45 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Do we really need anything besides bullpen help? And we might not need a lot of that if some the IL guys work out.   I know many here hate Straw and would like a new centerfielder but his numbers for the last 2 months have been really good. .316/.393/.398. It seems like we have an abundance of starting pitching. 

Whitley would look nice in a Marlins uniform 

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Y’all must be newlyweds 

The point was that Verlander and Greinke deals in a "what have you done for us lately?" marketplace don't do much for us fans right now; especially given that Verlander pitching this season would be borderline miraculous.  Kinda like that 2nd blowjob...

6 hours ago, Scraps said:

Whitley would look nice in a Nationals uniform 

In the last believer in him around I guess. No way could you get me to trade him. I can’t imagine anything approaching what I think will be fair value for him. 
He’s going to be good or I’m going to ride that stock all the way down to zero. 

58 minutes ago, slorch said:

The point was that Verlander and Greinke deals in a "what have you done for us lately?" marketplace don't do much for us fans right now; especially given that Verlander pitching this season would be borderline miraculous.  Kinda like that 2nd blowjob...

Weird, your wife gives me a blow job every time she sees me.