2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

No full BP on Sundays I don't think.

Normally you only really get there early enough on other days (gates for regulars open 2 hrs prior to gametime) to see visitors unless you are a season ticket holder(they can go in even earlier) or do a pregame tour because then they let you stay inside after it.

Scraps beat me to it

its hard to see the home team take BP because they go first and are usually wrapping up (if not done) when the gates open 2 hrs before first pitch.

and day games after a night game usually isn’t a full squad

here is the link to the tour info if you decide to go that route one day (“Pregame Tour”)

https://www.mlb.com/astros/ballpark/tours/tour-options

Drayton seems to have brought that in....Seems like you could show up three or four hours before the games in the Dome when I was a kid...My cousin did that so much when he was about ten half the team thought he was some other player's kid, so he was just going in and out of the clubhouse at will. There was a little crew of them who'd all got together, and one of those kids grew up to be Andrew Friedman.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

that one we could. he was out if Altuve just catches the throw.

Well, I learned something new today.  A wild throw attempting to complete a double play is immune from an error but missing the catch on a good throw is not.  I'm shocked that the broadcasters' cliche doesn't tell the whole story.

(d) The Official Scorer shall not charge an error against: (1)  the catcher when the catcher, after receiving the pitch, makes a wild throw attempting to prevent a stolen base, unless the wild throw permits the stealing runner to advance one or more extra bases or permits any other runner to advance one or more bases; (2)  any fielder who makes a wild throw if in the scorer’s judgment the runner would not have been put out with ordinary effort by a good throw, unless such wild throw permits any runner to advance beyond the base he would have reached had the throw not been wild; (3)  any fielder who makes a wild throw in attempting to complete a double play or triple play, unless such wild throw enables any runner to advance beyond the base such runner would have reached had the throw not been wild;

Rule 9.12(d) Comment: When a fielder muffs a thrown ball that, if held, would have completed a double play or triple play, the Official Scorer shall charge an error to the fielder who drops the ball and credit an assist to the fielder who made the throw.

https://img.mlbstatic.com/mlb-images/image/upload/mlb/atcjzj9j7wrgvsm8wnjq.pdf

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

After taking another step toward rejoining the Astros, Alex Bregman planted the seed for a sentimental final hurdle. He again had no concrete timetable for his return to major league play other than to “hopefully sell out Albuquerque.”

Class AAA Sugar Land plays six games in Albuquerque, N.M. — Bregman’s hometown — from July 15-20. Bregman reiterated he’s “not pushing anything” but acknowledged he “might get to see mom and dad” if his plan comes to fruition. The Astros play three games in Chicago against the White Sox from July 16-19 before returning home for a six-game homestand from July 19-25.

8 hours ago, runthebone said:

The cheese was great.  Fiers is such a bitch ass rat.

A's pitchers have paid the price for his pussing out and not facing the Astros.

Fuck him.  Moving on to bigger and better things...

54 minutes ago, elguapo said:

cry more ya bitch ass

way to miss the entire fucking point (the tweet, not the post).

it's not because of what fiers said, it's because he continues to come up with new and creative ailments timed just perfectly to never ever have to face us.  which is odd, considering we play in the fucking al and he would never have to bat.  and if he just pitched in oakland, he wouldn't even get booed, just shelled.

since the last time he faced us (sept, 2019), he has pitched against texas 5x, seattle twice, and the angels 3x.  the last time he faced us, we won 15-0. 

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

I'd rather see them play but not a big deal.

back in the old days, i feel like we were lucky to have an all-star or two, and they would get in near the end of the game, and i was happy if they just put a good at bat together.  same with the postseason.  any extra base hit was a big deal for bags or biggio.

but ever since bregman and springer went back-to-back in an all-star game (not to mention our ridiculous offensive postseason stats across the board), i'm kinda over it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I typically like seeing the Stros in it, but that was before all this shit that went down.

Now its fuck the mlb, fuck other fanbases, fuck the media etc.

We all know the only thing that will happen is a "Fuck Altuve" chant, or massive booing when Tuve and CC come up to bat so taking that from the dumbass fans and media is worth not participating.

Double rods to the league

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

back in the old days, i feel like we were lucky to have an all-star or two, and they would get in near the end of the game, and i was happy if they just put a good at bat together.  same with the postseason.  any extra base hit was a big deal for bags or biggio.

but ever since bregman and springer went back-to-back in an all-star game (not to mention our ridiculous offensive postseason stats across the board), i'm kinda over it. 

Soooo much truth right here

14 hours ago, Scraps said:

Blog name reminds me of a story I just heard the other day...Back when Lance Berkman was at Rice, he got thrown out freelancing an attempted steal of second base...He's trotting back to the dugout in shame and Wayne Graham screams "Who the hell do you think you are? The Rickey Henderson of New Braunfels?"

• Haha 2