2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I’m watching on a bar TV in the airport waiting on a flight to Austin. Any “Open the letter” chants audible on the broadcast?
I haven't heard much of anything except booing of Judge and less booing of Altuve

Agswin guy posted this on instagram of a guy:

3481af5d314b3eacedfb57fe3937238e.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

Ok- so what I want at the deadline if we are going to go “way over” the tax line:

Nelson Cruz. 

apparently Yordon can play LF, Brantley at RF and Tucker in CF. I imagine if the lineup went:

Altuve

Brantley

bregman

Yordon

Cruz

correa

tucker

yuli

castro

we might be able to manage more than one fucking run over our last 19 innings. 
also- can’t imagine his prospect cost would be high. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Yankees might get us tonight, but they have some gaping holes in that lineup. Gardner (except when he plays the Astros) and Odor are washed. Their starting pitching is never healthy. Not sure they’re a playoff team in October. 

I think the reports of their demise are exaggerated. I think they win 92 and make the playoffs. 
they aren’t great but I think they are better than they’ve shown to this point. 

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Yankees might get us tonight, but they have some gaping holes in that lineup. Gardner (except when he plays the Astros) and Odor are washed. Their starting pitching is never healthy. Not sure they’re a playoff team in October. 

They’re not a playoff team in July. 

I think the reports of their demise are exaggerated. I think they win 92 and make the playoffs. 
48-28 the rest of the way?....maybe if they played Baltimore every game

1 minute ago, Scraps said:
5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

48-28 the rest of the way?....maybe if they played Baltimore every game

45-31 for 89 to make the playoffs? 
I realize they are behind 4 or 5 teams and 5 games back or something. I’d be willing to bet $20 whole dollars or something that they’d make the playoffs. Since this isn’t an even money bet though if I won the loser would have to become my hype man for a week. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No way, they're an 85 win team at best. Their offense is mediocre and their pitching is as well. 

Just now, Gourmand said:

No way, they're an 85 win team at best. Their offense is mediocre and their pitching is as well. 

They are about to go 3-1 against us. With Cole on the mound tomorrow. We are losing the season series to them. 
maybe not as badly as we lost the season series to Detroit, but there you have it. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

They are about to go 3-1 against us. With Cole on the mound tomorrow. We are losing the season series to them. 
maybe not as badly as we lost the season series to Detroit, but there you have it. 

We play down to shitty competition. Not a surprise.

The Yankees were 33-27 last year and they're 44-42 now. There's nothing to suggest over the last two seasons that they are a 92+win team.

I don’t know the rule here but intent to go to second seems like it Would require him to turn his shoulders at least. But he was way the fuck inside the 1B bag. So Fuxk that jolly grey giant. 
The yankees can run all the way to 2nd and not actually be going to 2nd....manfred out front shoulda told ya

16 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

We play down to shitty competition. Not a surprise.

The Yankees were 33-27 last year and they're 44-42 now. There's nothing to suggest over the last two seasons that they are a 92+win team.

Also not to belabor this point too much but 33-27 is a .550 win percentage which translates to 89+ wins. 89+ wins and 92 wins is indistinguishable. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, Scraps said:
4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:
I don’t know the rule here but intent to go to second seems like it Would require him to turn his shoulders at least. But he was way the fuck inside the 1B bag. So Fuxk that jolly grey giant. 

The yankees can run all the way to 2nd and not actually be going to 2nd....manfred out front shoulda told ya

Yeah I mean look- he clearly wasn’t intending to go to second. His back was ducking turned to 2nd base as he was making the safe motion like a giant ducking regard. But he was also like 18 feet inside the 1b line so who the fuck knows? 

Even though you could argue that we should have only given up 1 run (Tucker gaffe per Scraps pictures plus 2 out two strike bullshit) when you get outhit 12-4 you don’t deserve to win. 
Last two games sucked- hopefully Cole is mediocre, as he has been since the sticky stuff was banned, tomorrow. 

Players have been skipping the All-Star Game for as long as I’ve followed the sport, yet all it takes is a couple of Astros to turn it into an existential crisis. Three days later and the national writers are still bitching and moaning… and getting their clicks feeding off of Astro hate.

I know Houston sports fans get a bad rap, but I just don’t know how anyone can observe how this story has been covered and not have their heads explode.

• Like 1