2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

“The Houston Astros will be the only team in Major League Baseball with zero representation at the 2021 All-Star Game after all four of their All-Stars: Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Michael Brantley, and Ryan Pressly opted out of the Midsummer Classic for various reasons.”

https://deadspin.com/what-a-coincidence-no-astros-will-play-in-the-all-star-1847266737

related:

the houston astros will also be the only team with zero chance of catching covid from the all-star game 

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

“The Houston Astros will be the only team in Major League Baseball with zero representation at the 2021 All-Star Game after all four of their All-Stars: Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Michael Brantley, and Ryan Pressly opted out of the Midsummer Classic for various reasons.”

https://deadspin.com/what-a-coincidence-no-astros-will-play-in-the-all-star-1847266737

related:

the houston astros will also be the only team with zero chance of catching covid from the all-star game 

that article, wow. 

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Karma is catching up with Manfred and the Yankees.

It would take multiple team deaths, stadium falling into sinkhole, and 30 years of 100loss seasons for karma to ever catch up with the Yankees.

Was listening to sports radio earlier in the week, and one of the hosts brought up the fact that technically Carlos wouldn’t be allowed to miss the ASG without his wife’s delivery being imminent (which it isn’t.) Not to get too conspiracy theorist, and I know I jumped on someone else in this thread for accusing him of faking it, but the sickness did provide him a convenient reason to be allowed to skip the game.

There is less than 1% chance Correa faked a sickness and missed the Yankees series.

Correct.

Thankfully he was not at the ASG because just imagine how the response would have been if he was considered the spreader who gave it to other players.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

that article, wow. 

Suspected as much… I didn’t read it and sounds like I’m glad I didn’t.

was just looking for a headline about Astros missing the all star game so I could make my covid joke and that was the first that popped up.

I’m pretty amped about this second half. 
next couple of weeks may be a bit ho-hum but series at Giants and Dodgers at end of month/trade deadline is going to be outstanding 

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you had me at "throws strikes".  this has become an epidemic across mlb and probably the reason urquidy is one of my favorite pitchers we have.

we have a great offense and a great defense.  throw fucking strikes.

I love Urquidy also.  I was at WS Game 4, and he does not give a fuck.  93 and straight, I'm pounding the zone, fuck you.