2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

12 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

you think tim anderson (and the other 3 replacements i can't remember) are calling astros players frauds?  cole showing up actually proved the opposite - that being selected to the all-star game is 100% and completely fucking honorary.  meaning it doesn't matter if you play or not, or show or not.

obviously the astros players aren't all injured, but my thoughts and prayers are with mookie betts, i just hope he can recover in time for the stretch run.

MOOKIE.thumb.jpg.a285e932f07105c0b7d6ec058bba69b7.jpg

There were actually dumbfucks on mlb radio earlier stating that Manfred could/should witch hunt the Astros sitting out and if they weren't "really hurt" then penalize them. In turn this would make Manfred look good to the fans and other players for coming down on the Astros players since they didn't for 2017.
One dumbass said "yeah im pretty sure they all played in the last game except maybe Pressly....but i know his wife is pregnant. Altuve sure didn't look hurt after hitting a walk off homer Sunday"

Of course they also were like "i have no idea what the collective bargaining agreement says about this" and that Tony Clark has said "he wouldn't ever discount a players claim they were injured"

Also as you guessed there was no mention of Mookie or anyone else

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

LOL. Author absolutely getting hammered to the bajeezus in the comments.

Altuve said he wanted to rest his knee. Brantley said he’s dealing with soreness on his right side for the last three weeks. Altuve has played 15 of the last 16 games. Brantley has played 27 of the last 30 games. Their excuses couldn’t be more unfounded. Guys like Jacob deGrom, Shane Bieber, Buster Posey, Mookie Betts, Mike Trout and others have dealt with/are dealing with actual injuries that are preventing them from playing.

brantley missed 3 games last week.  mookie is not hurt.  degrom is not hurt.  cole pitched sat.  bassitt pitched sunday, and last night.

fans GIF

Edited by henrygandorf

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

brantley missed 3 games last week.  mookie is not hurt.  degrom is not hurt.  cole pitched sat.  bassitt pitched sunday, and last night.

fans GIF

Ronald Acuna Jr. has played in 47 of the Braves last 50 games.  His reasons for missing the All-Star game are clearly unfounded.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I was talking to an MFY fan I met yesterday when he whined about my Astros shirt that I actually really fucking enjoy the fact that we're entering Red Sox territory in their minds.  My whole life up until 2019 most people outside of Arlington only modestly hated the Astros at the most and were in general completely apathetic towards them.  Now we've got those hating clowns coast to coast and it feels amazing.

The fact that they are completely tone deaf and lack all forms of self awareness in the process makes it even better.

15 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I was talking to an MFY fan I met yesterday when he whined about my Astros shirt that I actually really fucking enjoy the fact that we're entering Red Sox territory in their minds.  My whole life up until 2019 most people outside of Arlington only modestly hated the Astros at the most and were in general completely apathetic towards them.  Now we've got those hating clowns coast to coast and it feels amazing.

The fact that they are completely tone deaf and lack all forms of self awareness in the process makes it even better.

Beating the Dodgers in the World Series is going to be hilarious.

44 minutes ago, wood said:

This. Fuck it. Embrace the 'bad boy' role. 

The 1948 Indians did...They got caught in real time and just kept doing it anyway. Bob Feller, Bob Lemon and Lou Boudreau and those guys had a telescope in the scoreboard and were signaling batters from there and then taunting rivals about it and kept it up for years. In 1950 Red Sox manager Steve O'Neill was yapping to the media about it so some of the Indians publicly presented him with a set of toy binoculars.

Most of these dudes were WWII vets and shit like this was a joke to them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I do think it's hilarious that the most hated player in the Bronx is 5'6" and as tall as my mom. He had to scrap, bite, and claw his way to even get MLB's attention and now he completely owns the evil empire.

You'd think this would be the greatest David vs Goliath story in American sports history (it is) but the media is too busy sucking Goliath's dick to cover it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The 1948 Indians did...They got caught in real time and just kept doing it anyway. Bob Feller, Bob Lemon and Lou Boudreau and those guys had a telescope in the scoreboard and were signaling batters from there and then taunting rivals about it and kept it up for years. In 1950 Red Sox manager Steve O'Neill was yapping to the media about it so some of the Indians publicly presented him with a set of toy binoculars.

How is this possible. The Astros scandal is unprecedented. And technology! 

• Rage+1 1

How is this possible. The Astros scandal is unprecedented. And technology! 
Interesting that you mention it because about one month before the Drellich/Rosenthal ratbomb dropped, The Athletic published this article....

https://theathletic.com/1310826/2019/10/22/binoculars-and-buzzers-telescopes-and-whistles-what-wont-they-use-to-try-to-steal-signs/?amp#click=https://t.co/S227mlASia

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Interesting that you mention it because about one month before the Drellich/Rosenthal ratbomb dropped, The Athletic published this article....

https://theathletic.com/1310826/2019/10/22/binoculars-and-buzzers-telescopes-and-whistles-what-wont-they-use-to-try-to-steal-signs/?amp#click=https://t.co/S227mlASia

I know. Maybe a coordinator had a great post

on the cheating thread and we both went back and forth arguing with other morons on there. I was channeling one of the worst. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

I have a connection to a current player, which doesn't mean I know a damned thing about anything, just that I hear tidbits. From what he said, every team has/had a system and everybody knows it, which stands to reason and is supported by circumstantial evidence. And he pretty much had the same thoughts about the pearl-clutching response that Evan Gattis recently shared.

From the Evan Gattis article in the Chronicle the other day:

Gattis, who said he and his teammates believed they were just keeping up with what most of the other contending teams already were doing, also said it was no secret around the league what the Astros were doing, especially after White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar let the Astros dugout know he could hear the banging while he was on the mound during a game in 2017. Gattis said the only reason no team spoke out at the time about the Astros' system is because they didn't want Major League Baseball to look into what they were doing on their side of the field.

He said that's why his former teammates took offense to players from other teams - like the Dodgers' Cody Bellinger - saying the Astros didn't earn their World Series title.

"There’s people in our clubhouse who have had to call other people from the Dodgers clubhouse and say, 'Hey you need to clean up your shit, because, yo, we know, bro. Why you gotta be like that?,'" Gattis said. "Everybody has a system," Gattis said. "Everybody knows a buddy that has a buddy that’s on the Dodgers in the baseball world. It’s like, 'Yo, we know, so you guys got to kind of chill out with that shit.'"

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Evan-Gattis-Astros-cheating-Dodgers-signs-podcast-16282495.php

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, wood said:

This. Fuck it. Embrace the 'bad boy' role. 

Yep. Nothing will satiate the mob…so, fuck em.  Give em some substance to justify the vitriol That is coming, regardless.

26 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I have a connection to a current player, which doesn't mean I know a damned thing about anything, just that I hear tidbits. From what he said, every team has/had a system and everybody knows it, which stands to reason and is supported by circumstantial evidence. And he pretty much had the same thoughts about the pearl-clutching response that Evan Gattis recently shared.

From the Evan Gattis article in the Chronicle the other day:

Gattis, who said he and his teammates believed they were just keeping up with what most of the other contending teams already were doing, also said it was no secret around the league what the Astros were doing, especially after White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar let the Astros dugout know he could hear the banging while he was on the mound during a game in 2017. Gattis said the only reason no team spoke out at the time about the Astros' system is because they didn't want Major League Baseball to look into what they were doing on their side of the field.

He said that's why his former teammates took offense to players from other teams - like the Dodgers' Cody Bellinger - saying the Astros didn't earn their World Series title.

"There’s people in our clubhouse who have had to call other people from the Dodgers clubhouse and say, 'Hey you need to clean up your shit, because, yo, we know, bro. Why you gotta be like that?,'" Gattis said. "Everybody has a system," Gattis said. "Everybody knows a buddy that has a buddy that’s on the Dodgers in the baseball world. It’s like, 'Yo, we know, so you guys got to kind of chill out with that shit.'"

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Evan-Gattis-Astros-cheating-Dodgers-signs-podcast-16282495.php

yeah, what's never mentioned is that the dodgers, red sox, and yankees - 3 teams that could most claim injury from our actions, are also 3 teams that weren't at all involved in the ratting out of our system.  i wonder why that is.

in fact the rat himself, fiers, is rarely defended by athletic players or fans, at least not from what i've seen.

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, what's never mentioned is that the dodgers, red sox, and yankees - 3 teams that could most claim injury from our actions, are also 3 teams that weren't at all involved in the ratting out of our system.  i wonder why that is.

in fact the rat himself, fiers, is rarely defended by athletic players or fans, at least not from what i've seen.

It's because he prefers smelly cheese.  Such an asshole.

I'm really good friends with a former Astro from 2017. Only the tip of the iceberg has been brought to light. I have about 10 bombshells that I will always keep to myself because I know the dam will break a la Jose Canseco in a few years. Memoirs and tell alls will be written about this era. Why? Because money.

I think the first to crack will be Cody Bellinger's minor league roommate. You heard it here first.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

Pedro Martinez went after him shortly after he snitched...I am a little surprised he still has a job. The A's have to be worried he'll roll over on them, too. 

17 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Ha, that Athletic article has part 2 of the Indians giving O'Neill of the Red Sox the binocs. In their next series Lou Boudreau accused the Red Sox of using those same binocs to steal their signs.

Pedro Martinez went after him shortly after he snitched...I am a little surprised he still has a job. The A's have to be worried he'll roll over on them, too. 

Also Joe Kelly, in all his doucheness, made it very clear that his issues with the Astros were because they talked to the league, not the scheme itself.
  • Like 1

Hey, happy Red Sox and Yankees Day, baseball fans!  Tune in tonight to see your favorite pillars of moral righteousness on ESPN, and don't miss the 7th inning stretch when the announcers compete to see who can get the most of an autographed Mickey Mantle bat into their mouths.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Hey, happy Red Sox and Yankees Day, baseball fans!  Tune in tonight to see your favorite pillars of moral righteousness on ESPN, and don't miss the 7th inning stretch when the announcers compete to see who can get the most of an autographed Mickey Mantle bat into their mouths.

covid’d !!!!

get that vaccine shot !!