2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I can’t imagine the Rangers’ level of frustration right now.  Oof.  

(Don't shoot) I'm more just laughing at how terrible we are. I don't think any Rangers fan expected us to score there. It was just a question of how we were going to blow it. 

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

I don't love bringing in Javier with bases loaded and no outs.  He walks 2 guys just to get warmed up

What does this guy know?

Kalas just said we're trying to win the division for 4 out of 5 years for the first time in franchise history and I've heard him say that before.  Not true, Dierker won 4 out of 5 in his 5 year managerial career.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

Kalas just said we're trying to win the division for 4 out of 5 years for the first time in franchise history and I've heard him say that before.  Not true, Dierker won 4 out of 5 in his 5 year managerial career.

Yep. '97-'99 and 2001. That first year in MMP was a nightmare.

8 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

How the hell do the Astros not have radio affiliates in San Antonio and Austin, yet the craptastic Rangers do?

https://www.mlb.com/astros/schedule/radio-affiliates

it's baffling man. i finally gave up ever trying to find the Astros on my radio dial and just pay for the MLB.TV package so I can listen through my car's bluetooth

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

??? 

There have been Cowboys fans in Austin/San Antonio forever and until this year the Astros have always had a radio affiliate. 

Well, I don't know then.  Why do I get every Rangers game on my tv even when they're turrible and I don't get every Astros game?  I assume it's because someone has mistaken bandwagon Cowboys fans for everything Dallas fans.  I would've thought it was the same for radio and we'd just be illegally streaming all of it, allegedly.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Well, I don't know then.  Why do I get every Rangers game on my tv even when they're turrible and I don't get every Astros game?  I assume it's because someone has mistaken bandwagon Cowboys fans for everything Dallas fans.  I would've thought it was the same for radio and we'd just be illegally streaming all of it, allegedly.

I've lived in Austin (and now Round Rock) for 30+ years and been an Astros fan all my life and in my experience the Astros have always had deeper roots and more fans in this area than the Rangers. There was that blip of time when the Astros were losing 100+ gms and the Rangers didn't suck that Ranger gear was all around but this is mostly Astro Country. Stupid ass Rangers won't ever have the pull the Cowboys have here.

I'll never get over MLB contracting the minor leagues, canceling all affiliate contracts and Jim Crane taking the AAAstros from Round Rock after one damn season under the previous contract with the Express. I understand why it happened but fuck Crane and fuck Nolan for taking that from me. I was really looking forward to many baseball games at the Dell with my son to teach him about baseball and the future Astros. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Robel had his moments this series, but this is good news:

fuck yes.  aledmys is the type of guy you don't miss until somebody is hurt.  we need him, then we need bregs, then let's fuck everybody up.

nice little sweep today, even if it was expected.

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

fuck yes.  aledmys is the type of guy you don't miss until somebody is hurt.  we need him, then we need bregs, then let's fuck everybody up.

nice little sweep today, even if it was expected.

I've defended Robel's roster spot and Dusty's usage of him out of necessity, but it's incontrovertible that Aledmys is a HUGE upgrade over Robel Garcia and his presence allows much more lineup flexibility while Bregman is out. He can man an OF spot to give Brantley some rest or he can play any of the infield positions as well. Losing him was a big blow and the Astros were lucky to have weathered it after Bregman got hurt. 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

M's leftfielderJake Bauers just gunned down Chapman trying to go first to third on a single to LF for the second out in the ninth. Seth Brown popped up to end the game. 

Astros 5.5 up on Oakland

winning the west is not something i'm worried about.  at all.

Oakland needs start looking in the rear view mirror instead of the road ahead. They are only a game and a half in front of the Mariners. 

Our offense needs to wake up to avoid close games against Seattle. Their record in 1 run games and extras is ridiculous. 

Edited by TonyTexas

14 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

M's leftfielderJake Bauers just gunned down Chapman trying to go first to third on a single to LF for the second out in the ninth. Seth Brown popped up to end the game. 

Astros 5.5 up on Oakland

seattle is hot and will have A huge chip on their shoulder. We need to show them who runs the AL west 

Edited by tx 3 putt