2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

You're right.  I'm just pissed off at our recent play, and Dusty is as easy a punching bag there is.

I get it. I hate Dusty as our manager. I like Dusty the person. He should be sitting on a beach somewhere enjoying retirement. If you are going to put him in a uniform it should be as the wise old uncle helping a younger manager along (think Yogi Berra). Having him skipper the ship is just sooooooo stupid. 

i know meyers is hitting 7th today because our lineup is lol, but i want to go on record with hating him hitting 8th, especially if we ever want him to attempt to steal a base.

often over the past week or two, i've seen him on 1st base with 2 outs, just knowing he won't ever steal out of the fear of leading off the next inning with maldonado.  hit your fast guy 9th.  there's a reason people do it.

• Hook 'Em 2

If we come up short of winning the west, it will be because of these series against horrible teams. They did the same thing last year, and then it was like they took things seriously in the playoffs, and came within 1 game. It's like they really don't care about anything until the playoffs. I saw zero energy last night. 

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

If we come up short of winning the west, it will be because of these series against horrible teams. They did the same thing last year, and then it was like they took things seriously in the playoffs, and came within 1 game. It's like they really don't care about anything until the playoffs. I saw zero energy last night. 

If we come up short in the division, we might not make the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I just checked, and Presley hasn't been in a game since the 13th. That's a long time for a closer. I'm expecting him to not be sharp when he does pitch. 

Good thing we didn't pitch him or Graveman on Tuesday when we could have won that game, and then pitched Graveman for 2 innings yesterday in a loss. I swear Dusty is almost as bad as Bo Porter. 

43 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

we close the season with many games vs. the A's  <<<<<< this will be why we win or lose the division