2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

23 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Oh working on another game we get 17 hits and only score 3 runs?

I just came to bitch about this. Another game where it feels like we are going to fuck around and have a ton of Traffic, not cash is on our chances and ducking get boat raced at the end. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you don’t send straw here and Maldonado hits into a DP I’m gonna lose my shit. 

I hope you find your shit

seriously. Take a fucking pitch Maldy! Our fastest guy on first and maybe the slowest reliever to home plate  in baseball on the mound and their backup catcher.  That’s the easiest SB of the season

Edited by UTexasFight

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Just guessing, do some/most pitchers prefer Maldonado?  Calls a game better?

Maldonado is one of the best in pitch framing metrics, but Castro is no slouch either, considering the huge discrepancy in OPS, maybe a straight platoon would be better for the team.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Maybe the worst defensive outfield in club history. This is old man Biggio in CF bad. 

Ted is leading the AL (maybe all of baseball) in defensive runs saves for RF. He’s at worst top half and probably top quarter of RF. So, it can’t be worst OF defense in Astro history. It ain’t great though.