2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

big k.

that inning was a beating.

onto the bullpen.  wonder how we cobble together 4 innings.  wish we had more guys who can go multiple.  this feels like a bielak time for the 6-7th.  i hate having to depend on 4-5 different guys for 4 innings.  both games we blew in the 8-2 streak were because of bullshit like that.

who are our setup men?  in a 3 run lead with everybody rested, who gets the 7th and who gets the 8th?  i'm honestly asking.

I'm guessing it will be Raley/Bielak/Abreu

10 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I'm guessing it will be Raley/Bielak/Abreu

man that's bleak.

i kinda want to see what javier can do airing it out for 1-2 innings in high leverage situations once our guys get back.  god knows odorizzi isn't a bullpen piece.

maybe we go tandem for sp5.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

man that's bleak.

i kinda want to see what javier can do airing it out for 1-2 innings in high leverage situations once our guys get back.  god knows odorizzi isn't a bullpen piece.

yeah but that is just my prediction for today, not the overall bullpen construction..

man that's bleak.

In an everybody is rested scenario, I think Scrubb and/or Stanek would get in there before Bielak. And while he was absolute dogshit at the beginning of the season, Joe Smith has given up one run in the last month.

I think Dusty would love Abreu/Stanek/Smith/Presley with Raley as the situational replacement for his 6-9 inning guys. But obviously some of those names need to show some consistency.

And I agree Javier would be an intriguing bullpen option, but he needs to get the homers under control.

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

In an everybody is rested scenario, I think Scrubb and/or Stanek would get in there before Bielak. And while he was absolute dogshit at the beginning of the season, Joe Smith has given up one run in the last month.

I think Dusty would love Abreu/Stanek/Smith/Presley with Raley as the situational replacement for his 6-9 inning guys. But obviously some of those names need to show some consistency.

And I agree Javier would be an intriguing bullpen option, but he needs to get the homers under control.

i think i agree with most of this.  in a perfect world, an effective joe smith is a 7th inning guy, and we need one more arm to emerge for the 8th.  doesn't need to be a new guy, but someone needs to fucking emerge.  maybe start with not walking people.

55 minutes ago, dr99 said:

The Oakland tv announcers are saying that the umps are biased for the Astros, because they have worked 10 games in a row with them.

I was driving and the SiriusXM broadcast had the A's radio alternative reality pregame show.  They were babbling about Vida Blue being better than Nolan Ryan.

i think i agree with most of this.  in a perfect world, an effective joe smith is a 7th inning guy, and we need one more arm to emerge for the 8th.  doesn't need to be a new guy, but someone needs to fucking emerge.  maybe start with not walking people.

I think the Stanek we saw the first week or two of the season is our best bet for that 8th inning spot. I just have no idea if we’re gonna see that guy again.
  • Hook 'Em 1